Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This is actually the best post in this thread lock it up fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Time takes a Titan
:smith:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

This is beautiful

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
God bless you beautiful titan. May you blast off to space on a pirate ship of dreams...

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

now how are you gonna get that kitty for steve french :smith:

seu jorge's bowie covers are rad though

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I just want to say thank you for this masterpiece.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

This is the best.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Ha! That was awesome =]

I almost didn't want to fix that bug.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am going to unsub this thread unless someone tells me when the expansion to this game comes out

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Need 2 more for the Mummies Pyramid raid, at least 1 healer. PST!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

titansoftime posted:

Not a terrible idea, thanks!

Also, I added a "forgot password" function that displays when you enter a wrong password. Along with this I got rid of the clear text pass in the registration email. (existing members may need to clear their browser cache or at least F5 for this to work)

Thanks for the suggestions guys =]

Hey, I hate to bring this up again, but clear text passwords are a big red flag for a number of reasons, primarily that you likely aren't encrypting the password early in the process or at all.

I'll be blunt, do you have a database that contains unencrypted passwords?

If you're not that bad, is there any reason that an plaintext password ever needs to reach your servers? Could you have the password encrypt earlier in the process?

Is your encryption secure? This is important stuff!

I think it's cool that you have a project like this, but if you're taking money, you need to have good security.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Honestly you shouldn't even try to do your own authentication, outsource it to someone who knows what they're doing like twitter, facebook, google, whatever

As a convenient side effect you wouldn't have to deal with people injecting galtse into your users table either

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

error1 posted:

Honestly you shouldn't even try to do your own authentication, outsource it to someone who knows what they're doing like twitter, facebook, google, whatever

As a convenient side effect you wouldn't have to deal with people injecting galtse into your users table either

This person is smart and you should listen to them.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

yo I'm trying to make a character and it keeps saying name is not valid what the gently caress is this

NAKED ANIME BABE worked

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

beautiful

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

the scale in this game is amazing

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Hey, I hate to bring this up again, but clear text passwords are a big red flag for a number of reasons, primarily that you likely aren't encrypting the password early in the process or at all.

I'll be blunt, do you have a database that contains unencrypted passwords?

If you're not that bad, is there any reason that an plaintext password ever needs to reach your servers? Could you have the password encrypt earlier in the process?

Is your encryption secure? This is important stuff!

I think it's cool that you have a project like this, but if you're taking money, you need to have good security.

I do not store text passwords in the db. Encrypting pass prior to request via js would be relatively pointless. The only reason I sent the pass via email (I did not originally) was because people kept forgetting there passwords and I was way to busy at the time working on 3d stuff to bother with a recovery tool. So I went the lazy route.

I work fulltime (stick to my day job right....) as a developer for a large specialty pharmaceutical company. I've been doing similar work for the past decade. I can handle secure login and prevent injections (such as the failed attempts by Mr Gay or w/e).

Thank you for the concern =]

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Cowman posted:

You haven't seen game of Thrones? ;)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

still a better mmo than warhammer online

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cowman posted:

well i am sure in the upcoming updates the lore is going to state that the throne used to belong to a race of giants so i think you really shouldn't be complaining because the two devs really have plans on where to take the game and its world

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

well i am sure in the upcoming updates the lore is going to state that the throne used to belong to a race of giants so i think you really shouldn't be complaining because the two devs really have plans on where to take the game and its world
has blizzard offered to buy this yet?

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Kashuno posted:

has blizzard offered to buy this yet?

How'd you guess? They offered us 1.5mil, we told them to go gently caress themselves.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

titansoftime posted:

How'd you guess? They offered us 1.5mil, we told them to go gently caress themselves.

Never sellout, my friends

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

every mission is kill x dudes or collect x things :lol:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

every mission is kill x dudes or collect x things :lol:

Have you played an MMO before????

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Kashuno posted:

Have you played an MMO before????

what if there's a mission where you're killing X dudes collecting Y things.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Arrrthritis posted:

what if there's a mission where you're killing X dudes collecting Y things.

Ohh... we got that =]

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

titansoftime posted:

Ohh... we got that =]

:eyepop:

We are living in a golden age of MMOs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Will you be accepting goon written quests, I have an idea for one where you must collect 30 cannonballs.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can someone animate the last screenshot so the monster is doing a little hula dance?

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

:eyepop:

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Dear god lol.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

GOTY 2015-every year except 2023.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

possible bug: when playing on iphone the further you move from spawn the more you characters polygons begin to vibrate

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

www.titansoftime.com

F2P Indie 3D Browser MMO

Stux posted:

possible bug: when playing on iphone the further you move from spawn the more you characters polygons begin to vibrate

Eww. We are not 100% mobile ready. Tablet works ok, and is getting better.

Definitely need to fix that. Is that in safari or chrome?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i also cannot attack anything and quest boxes cover the entire screen

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

combat feels like a drunk sloth LARPing

doing this web-based makes you loose out on a lot of potential deals with spyware distributors that would want to package bonzi buddy in your installer

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I think only the devs play this game because I've never seen anyone else the couple of times I've hopped on

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Cowman posted:

I think only the devs play this game because I've never seen anyone else the couple of times I've hopped on

You just need to join the goon guild in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Bacon Hat posted:

drunk sloth LARPing

goty 2016 if you make this

• Locked thread