Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It seems kind of weird that nobody thinks magic is real, but the big war that the druid helped fight was only 30 years ago. Are the king and his sister really the only ones who remember Allanon doing magic stuff and fighting an evil magic guy? Shouldn't there be a ton of guys in their 50s that fought in the war who could say "Yeah, I remember this guy shooting fireballs out of his hands during a battle, magic is totally real"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Gyges posted:

How much of a victim's knowledge does the Changeling copy anyway? So far just looking like someone else has been enough to get by, but a prolonged masquerade as the king seems likely to get it caught. Surely it's only a matter of time before fake-Gimli chows down on a bowl of peanuts that Allanon brought in for a snack and everyone freaks out because it turns out real-Gimli is allergic.

Edit: Also why has no one raised the alarm after the guy sent to burn the Changeling just disappears the next day?

When it first appeared it took the form that the Dagda Mor's "heart most desired," which implied some sort of mind-reading powers. Plus it's had some time to observe the king from dog-level.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Does the actress playing Eretria have a speech impediment or is her baby voice just throwing me off?

The actress is from Spain, so it's likely just her accent. Also, I had no idea she was the girl in Pan's Labyrinth.

quote:

I'm glad they finally resolved the stupid changeling storyline and god rid of the stupid prince. Ugh, just a plot waiting to resolve itself.

Agreed, I was really bummed when they kept it going past the initial kill. But I guess they had to find some way to eliminate the entire royal family.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Long enough so elves evolve, yet cars don't rust away.

To be fair a lot of the "evolution" was seemingly helped along by heaps of radiation.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

eviljimmy posted:

I know this is aimed at an audience of trendy tweens and mid twenties guys who can't tolerate imperfections but I just wish everyone wasn't so offensively good looking....like all the guys are chiselled (even if Wil has a really strange looking face) and all the girls are super slim with glorious hair and slight lesbian tendencies. Can we have at least some token normal looking people?

This is a complaint leveled against almost every TV show in the modern era, and the answer is a resounding "No."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I did find it kind of funny that Amberle's sacrifice wasn't at all key to defeating the Dagda Mor, all it took was cutting his head off with the magic collapsible druid sword. The show at least established that the demons had a hilarious "1000:1" advantage so it made some sense that a new Ellcrys was necessary even with him dead, but it still made the whole thing anticlimactic.

I am kind of curious where they would go in a second season with regard to Amberle. It would be pretty ballsy if they just said "She's a tree now, no more Amberle" and went ahead with Will and Eritrea as the two leads, but I expect they'd find some way to get regular sexy elf Amberle back on the show within the first two episodes.

• Locked thread