Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
That church from True Detective where you getta just kick back with some antlers on and enjoy the rapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Maoist Pussy posted:

What I really need is a set of religious beliefs that don't coincidentally don't differ from pop-culture morality in any way.

in my experience the only thing people at a UU church need to agree on is that everybody is welcome

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sduvGbHHtE

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there was an on point episode about non religious people hte other day and part of it was about a non-religious sunday morning gathering where people got together to off-key sing hakuna matata in a circle and stuff

it was pretty confusing to me, i don't understand why and atheist would want to gin up their own replica of Christian worship with all the religion stripped out of it, one of the principle benefits of atheism is not having to waste sunday morning on boring trite garbage

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
non religious people obviously want all the "fun" things about church but without all the judgy god stuff because they're probably perverts

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey OP whichever one you join, gain their trust then burn it to the ground when there is no moon in the sky

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You could try the First Presbyterian Church in Taiban, New Mexico. It's actually abandoned, so you'd kind of have free reign.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Try the church of my heart, op

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Frog Act posted:

there was an on point episode about non religious people hte other day and part of it was about a non-religious sunday morning gathering where people got together to off-key sing hakuna matata in a circle and stuff

it was pretty confusing to me, i don't understand why and atheist would want to gin up their own replica of Christian worship with all the religion stripped out of it, one of the principle benefits of atheism is not having to waste sunday morning on boring trite garbage

The big tangible benefit of religion is that you get to be part of a community of like-minded people. Those atheists still want that feeling of community and togetherness, but without all the God stuff.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ladydad posted:

I don't really feel like having a latte with the lord. I wouldn't mind something a little more traditional you know?

Ladydad posted:

I enjoy the pageantry of the catholic church. But there's a lot of hoops to get in. Is there a Catholic Lite?

Orthodox churches are traditional and have pageantry. Weird old costumed priests with long beards, old hymns, incense, you gotta kiss a picture of Jesus. God doesn't exist though, FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Luvcow posted:

in my experience the only thing people at a UU church need to agree on is that everybody is welcome

That's deep, man.

• Locked thread