Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I need to pare down my collection of lenses and cameras, so I've got quite a few Nikon and M4/3 things for sale. An album is here, it has a few more pictures than this thread. Let me know if you want additional photos of anything.

I'm shipping from the US, and the prices include domestic shipping. I'm happy to ship internationally, but I'll have to look up prices and will probably ask you to pitch in.

First, the M4/3 stuff:

25mm f1.4 and 35mm f1.7 C mount lenses, with M4/3 adapter. These lenses are tiny and fully manual. The 25mm vignettes severely and has hilariously bad field curvature (the center can be in focus while the edges are blurry, or vice-versa). If you ever considered buying those lomography lenses, this is a much cheaper way to see if you like the effect. The 35mm, however, is actually a quite solid lens. Great as a cheap portrait lens, or a long walk-around. It's reasonably sharp and does not vignette noticeably. I only have one adapter, so I would strongly prefer to sell these together. They also come with some extension tubes. $45 shipped for everything pictured.

Olympus 17mm f2.8 for M4/3. This lens is kind of looked down upon because it's softer and slower than the 14mm f2.5 or 20mm f1.7 Panasonics. On the other hand, it is quite a bit cheaper. It's also not remotely a bad lens. Unless you are printing huge and comparing prints side by side, I doubt you will notice any issues with it. It's an excellent vacation lens, and makes an M4/3 kit jacket pocketable with one of the smaller bodies (or a large jacket pocket). $90 shipped for this.

Olympus E-P2 camera. NO CHARGER, NO SD CARD. Not really much to say about this camera. It's small, cheap, and it works. Comes with 3 off-brand batteries. $60 shipped.

Olympus OM 75-300 f4.5-5.6 with M4/3 adapter. I would be hesitant to use this manual focus lens without a viewfinder, or a tripod. It has a bit of a macro capability, 1:3 is pretty good for something that's not a dedicated macro lens. I haven't used this lens much, so I can't really speak to the quality of the images it can make. $60 shipped.

Now, the Nikon stuff:

Makinon 500mm f8 mirror lens for Nikon Mount. This is actually a kind of nice lens. It's remarkably small, and manually focusing with an SLR is a lot easier than with a mirrorless camera, in my experience. Its biggest weakness is a somewhat short focus throw, which combined with a small depth of field, makes it a bit tough to nail focus. If you do get it, it's a reasonably sharp lens. The rear element seems to have some coating rubbed off, but I can't tell that it makes much of a difference in the photos. In theory it would increase flare and decrease contrast. I haven't noticed bad flare, and contrast can be fixed in post, which you would have to do for a mirror lens anyway, since they tend to have low contrast to begin with. This lens takes considerable practice, but is capable of taking solid photos. $50 shipped.

Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 for Nikon Mount. This is the old, old version, with no OS, but with an aperture ring so you can use it with all your old manual film cameras! Actually, manually focusing this lens is quite frustrating, don't do that. The lens is quite old, but the focus motor was replaced a few years ago, and the lens hasn't been used much since (which is why I'm selling it). Some paint has rubbed off, but it's in fine shape overall. Out of all of the telephotos I'm getting rid of, this one is the most useful if you plan on doing wildlife photography on a regular basis. It's heavy, but it shouldn't be a big deal to take on a hike for a few hours, for example. It's very comparable in size and weight to your average 70-200mm f2.8. It comes with a stylish green case, and a UV filter that was always removed when the lens was in use, so you know it was used properly. When using this lens, don't let the camera mount take its weight, always carry the combo by the lens, not the camera or you risk ripping the mount out. I'm looking for $450 shipped.

Thanks for having a look, and again, feel free to ask for more photos, and to make offers if you don't like the price. I will also be happy to reduce the price if you buy multiple things, since it will help a lot on the shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Putrid Grin posted:

I would like to buy the super tele with hideous bokeh, please. Sending a PM.

Alpenglow posted:

Paypal has been sent on this.

I received payment from both of these fine people and the lenses will be in the mail soon.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I sold the 500mm Mirror lens and the 17mm M4/3 lens, but I still have a few more things for sale! Feel free to make an offer if you don't like the price. An album is here, it has a few more pictures than this thread. Let me know if you want additional photos of anything.

I'm shipping from the US, and the prices include domestic shipping. I'm happy to ship internationally, but I'll have to look up prices and will probably ask you to pitch in.

First, the M4/3 stuff:

25mm f1.4 and 35mm f1.7 C mount lenses, with M4/3 adapter. These lenses are tiny and fully manual. The 25mm vignettes severely and has hilariously bad field curvature (the center can be in focus while the edges are blurry, or vice-versa). If you ever considered buying those lomography lenses, this is a much cheaper way to see if you like the effect. The 35mm, however, is actually a quite solid lens. Great as a cheap portrait lens, or a long walk-around. It's reasonably sharp and does not vignette noticeably. I only have one adapter, so I would strongly prefer to sell these together. They also come with some extension tubes. $45 shipped for everything pictured.

Olympus E-P2 camera. NO CHARGER, NO SD CARD. Not really much to say about this camera. It's small, cheap, and it works. Comes with 3 off-brand batteries. $50 shipped. I'm happy to order a charger for you on Amazon and have it shipped directly to you for whatever the cost of that is, for your convenience.

Olympus OM 75-300 f4.5-5.6 with M4/3 adapter. I would be hesitant to use this manual focus lens without a viewfinder, or a tripod. It has a bit of a macro capability, 1:3 is pretty good for something that's not a dedicated macro lens. I haven't used this lens much, so I can't really speak to the quality of the images it can make. I got it as part of a lot, and don't really need a long tele for M4/3. $50 shipped.

Now, the Nikon stuff:

Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 for Nikon Mount. This is the old, old version, with no OS, but with an aperture ring so you can use it with all your old manual film cameras! Actually, manually focusing this lens is quite frustrating, don't do that. The lens is quite old, but the focus motor was replaced a few years ago, and the lens hasn't been used much since (which is why I'm selling it). Some paint has rubbed off, but it's in fine shape overall. Out of all of the telephotos I'm getting rid of, this one is the most useful if you plan on doing wildlife photography on a regular basis. It's heavy, but it shouldn't be a big deal to take on a hike for a few hours, for example. It's very comparable in size and weight to your average 70-200mm f2.8. It comes with a stylish green case, and a UV filter that was always removed when the lens was in use, so you know it was used properly. When using this lens, don't let the camera mount take its weight, always carry the combo by the lens, not the camera or you risk ripping the mount out. I'm looking for $450 shipped.

Thanks for having a look, and again, feel free to ask for more photos, and to make offers if you don't like the price. I will also be happy to reduce the price if you buy multiple things, since it will help a lot on the shipping.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 26, 2016

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Anyone interested in a Sigma 50-500mm f4.5-6.3 for Nikon mount? It's the old, old version, that still has an aperture ring and no OS. Basically identical to the slightly newer, non-OS, non-aperture ring model. The focus motor was replaced a few years ago, and I've barely used it since (I should have tried harder to sell it years ago :)). They've dropped a lot in price lately, so my laziness is your gain if you are interested. The lens is superb for what it costs. I'll post pictures and a price this weekend if anyone might want to buy it.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Huge post incoming. I've got some old Nikon gear for sale since I've finally decided to commit to µ4/3 (now that it's probably a dying mount). I'd also consider trades, but probably only for a Panasonic GM5. Prices are shipped within the US and are definitely negotiable, especially if you buy more than one thing. I'm happy to ship internationally, we'll just need to talk about shipping costs. Most of this gear hasn't been used in years, but it all looks to be in working condition. I will check functionality again before shipping it off :). No fungus in any of the lenses, just a bit of dust that you'll find in anything that's been used for a while. If you want additional photos, please ask!

First a group shot (the rest of the photos will be as links to imgur albums, since this post will be big enough as it is):

FX gear:

Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 (old, old version with no stabilization and with an aperture ring)

https://imgur.com/a/NB7Y980

One of the biggest, slowest nifty fifties you can find, but it makes up for it by being able to zoom in a bit. The lens has a new(ish) focus motor, and hasn't been used much since then, so it's in great shape, other than some cosmetic stuff, like some of the finish rubbing off. This is a great lens if you want to play around with a super-telephoto for cheap. IMO, it takes really good photos in bright light, if you have good technique. I'm sure it's a significant step below a modern xxx-600 lens, though, and I'm judging it from a 12 MP DX sensor. The handsome green case is included. Completed auctions on ebay are aaaaall over the place (300-500, but the slightly newer OS version is about the same price), so I'll put it up for $220 shipped.

Kiron 2x TC for manual focus

https://imgur.com/a/1L5fx4o

Not sure if this is AI or AIS (does it matter?), and I didn't use it all that much. I'm not sure I'd count on it for image quality, but it feels well built and will double the focal length of your lens! $30 shipped

Nikon TC-16A modified so that it works with DSLRs SOLD!

https://imgur.com/a/ymY7GEo

Okay, this thing is seriously cool. It's a 1.6x TC that has movable elements inside, giving you a small window of autofocus. You have to manually focus to get close, and then this thing will handle the rest. Your camera body needs to have an AF motor, and I'm not sure it works properly with current DSLRs (it works great on my D300, though). I'm happy to try to do some research if you want me to check if it works with your camera. I had to modify it a bit to make it work, specifically one of the pins had to be moved, and a couple of leads on one of the ICs are clipped. This means it won't work with older film cameras anymore. My modification was not.... professional, to say the least. I tore a flex cable, and soldered some 30 gauge wire to fix that, the spring holding the mount lock is missing (not that big of a deal, really, you can just slide it into place yourself), the moved pin's spring got some solder on it, so it's not very flexible, making it feel kind of rough when mounting, and finally, you sometimes have to twist it a bit to get it to register properly by the camera (I assume the pin is not making perfect contact). I'm going to ask for $80 shipped (about half of completed ebay listings for more professionally modified versions). If the AF fails, it is still a very good manual focus 1.6x TC. I definitely expect this to last a long time, though. It's worked great on my D300 and my parents' D700 for years. One of these days I'll make a post in the repair thread to show off the mod.

Nikon SB-600 flash

https://imgur.com/a/IKKr9Gn

Great flash. I'm not sure it works perfectly with current DSLRs, I'm happy to look into that for you, if you want. Comes with the stand, but no batteries (uses 4 AAs). I might be able to find the little storage bag for it also. $70 shipped

Interest check: Nikon 70-300mm VR (the first VR one, not the latest model), Nikon 50mm f1.8G. My parents are interested in these, but if one of you are also, I can make them hurry up and decide.

DX Gear:

Nikon D300 with: 1 battery, charger (no figure 8 power cord), 8GB CF card, extra strap, USB cable, remote control, old focusing screen

https://imgur.com/a/cgTTcpC

My Nikon D300. It has a Katz Eye split prism focusing screen, which is really nice when you are manually focusing. I can't find the power cord that goes with the charger. There's a $4 one on Amazon, which I'll ship to you, if you don't have prime. This camera is awesome and still takes great photos. The main weaknesses compared to modern sensors are low-light capability, and print size. Note that the spot meter becomes inaccurate at apertures wider than about f4 because of the spilt prism screen. $160 shipped

Nikon D60, 18-55mm VR, 55-200 no VR with: 1 battery, charger (no power cord), old viewfinder cover, old focusing screen, some 2 GB flippy SD cards that have their own USB connector

https://imgur.com/a/K47cB6t

My Nikon D60. It has a split prism focusing screen, from focusingscreens.com. It also has viewfinder cover that has a slight magnification, which also helps with focusing manually. Same deal with the D300 above, I'm missing the figure 8 power cord for the charger. This camera is old by now, and I feel like the kind of person who would be interested, probably is happy with the cell phone images by now. So, it's probably best for someone who think they might be interested in photography, but doesn't want to spend a lot of money and find that they don't like it. For that reason, I'm happy to sell it at pretty much any price to someone who would use it. The camera and lenses make fine photos in good light. The telephoto one has a hood. The kit zoom is missing the rear cap, but the camera does have a body cap. I'd prefer to include the two zooms in the sale, but will consider breaking some of it up. I'll say $100 shipped for all of it, but if you know someone who will actually use this, and doesn't have the money to spend, I will send it for the cost of shipping, or whatever you/they can afford. Note: The grip is scratched up quite a bit, from when I drove over the 70-300 that was attached to the camera. That was almost a decade ago, and it has been used a lot since then without issue.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8 SOLD!

https://imgur.com/a/yRHiWjM

The best DX lens Nikon makes! This thing is seriously sweet, and takes great photos in any light, at any aperture. If you have a DX camera, and don't have this lens, you want it. $90 shipped, with hood.

That's all! Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want any additional photos.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 3, 2019

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

The Good Professor posted:

Hey I'm interested in these two, sent you a PM to talk shipping costs.

edit: and money sent.

For the record, I received the money, the lens and TC will be shipped out on the 2nd. Phone posting now, I’ll edit my original post later.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Beastruction posted:

I'll take this, where should I send the money?

My PayPal is Ashadeofblue@gmail.com. I don’t think I have a box to ship it in (the one I had planned for it was used to ship Christmas gifts), so it might take a few days until I get it out. I should be able to get it in the mail by Saturday.

Oh and I just realized there’s a typo, the lens is f4-6.3, so let me know if that changes your decision!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Got it! If you send me an email at my PayPal address, I can send you the tracking number once I have it.

Edit: put the lens in the mail today (Friday), I think PayPal should have sent you tracking info, let me know if it did not.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 5, 2019

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Beastruction posted:

Got the lens today, everything looks good.

The Good Professor posted:

Got the lens and TC today, looks great, was carefully packed, thanks!

Glad to hear it!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I've got some cheap, older Nikon stuff that I don't use anymore. All of it's really great for the price!

Photo album of everything. https://imgur.com/a/Sd6B4Ns

Nikon D300 $120

This has a split prism viewfinder screen from Katz Eye, which makes manual focusing lenses much easier. The only downside is that it messes with the spot meter at larger apertures (I don't remember the details, I can find them if you want to know). I'll include the old screen and the tools needed to swap them. Comes with 1 battery and the charger, and the original strap as well as the strap in the photo. I know I have the plastic screen cover somewhere too. I have a remote shutter which has a receiver that plugs into the front of the camera, which I'll throw in. It's in great shape cosmetically, and functionally. Let me know if you want to know the shutter count, it shouldn't be very high.

Nikon D60 $50

This also has a split prism screen, from focusingscreens.com or something like that (the previous owner did this one). I'll also include the original screen and the necessary tools. There is a little magnifier attached to the viewfinder, which is also useful for manually focusing. Cosmetically this camera is a bit scratched up (see the photo), but it works great. Comes with 1 battery, the charger, and an IR remote. I can probably find an SD card to include as well.

18-55mm VR (not the current version), 55-200mm non-VR. $50 each

These are old kit lenses for Nikon DX (crop format). They work fine, with no fungus. They're obviously not as sharp as pro lenses, but if you are still learning/unsure what you'll want to take photos of, they are perfectly good. No VR on the telephoto is a bit rough, but it gives you a chance to work on your technique :). These pair great with the D60.

Nikon SB-600 flash $60 sold!

Good flash, but I don't think all of the automatic features are fully compatible with current cameras. If you're unsure, let me know what camera you want to use it with and I'll look it up for you. Takes 4 AAs, not included.

Prices are all shipped within the US, I'll cover any fees (I'll ship internationally, but we'll have to talk about cost). Let me know if you have any questions about anything, or if you want additional photos. Feel free to make offers, at this point they are just taking up space on my shelf. If you, or someone you know, might find them useful, but can't afford them, let me know and we'll come up with something.

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 26, 2019

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Startyde posted:

Hello yes, I have purchased the above Speedlight :stoked:

Yup, I got the money, thanks! I’ll bring it to the post office today.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I have an old Olympus EP-L1, and some random manual focus lenses with adapters. Would they be interested at around $50 plus actual shipping cost? I’ll have a look at exactly what I have that I don’t use anymore. I’m pretty busy right now, though, so just a warning that I might be pretty slow in getting it shipped and all that. The other goon’s stuff is a big upgrade compared to what I’m offering, though, so you should get that instead if it’s in the budget.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

curried lamb of God posted:

Preliminary interest check: is anyone looking for an Olympus 12-40 Pro 2.8 (first gen) or Panaleica 15mm 1.7? Also have an E-M10 body, but it's kind of beat up and I might just sell that to MPB for pennies.

I’m interested in the Panaleica 15mm!

I’m also looking for a Panasonic GM5 in case anyone reading this has one they aren’t using :).

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Sent you a pm about the 15mm f1.7.

EDIT: For the record, I sent money for the lens :).

ShadeofBlue fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 20, 2022

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

if any of yall are sellin MFT lenses - especially pancake lenses - or particularly small mft bodies lmk please. i love my g95, but wouldn't mind having something super small with a pancake to use for snapshot-y type stuff.

Oh hey, I have a panasonic 14mm f2.5 I was going to get rid of, I’ll take some photos and figure out a price later today. It’s basically a pancake, and a great lens if a bit slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

oh yeah, i have a sigma EF mount f/2.8 20-40mm that's kinda gathering dust but is in impeccable condition as far as i know (other than the lens cap being tamron brand instead of sigma). i paid $150 for it and i'll sell for 150 + shipping + fees (if you use a fee-using thing). shipping probably won't be too much, my job gets me good deals on fedex

re: the panasonic, i appreciate it! you'd probably do better to sell it on ebay, though - I have an olympus 12mm that probably fills the same need. i don't want to come out swingin on the lowball front - it's just that since i have the olympus i don't think i'd be super down to pay what the 14mm is actually worth, you know?

Yeah makes sense, no worries!