Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't know that I like clearing PBS on a single heal action, stacked up against everything else this game. If Jose doesn't get healed, then PBS is immediately lynched tomorrow, and doesn't get to take part in any battles with Quandary in them. If he does heal, sure Jose survives, but he still could go down in battle anyways depending on heal size, and now he gets to duck a lynch. With TT healing Jose, he was never going to outright die before battle and force Quandary into battle, anyways.

Obviously this is just one possibility, but I think it bears pointing out. After all, Opop did heal townies at points, right?

i am being cleared so they can setup an easier vote duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the question is which people are being dummies who think that actually clears me and who is the scum going along with it

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

If PBS let Jose die it would mean going into the final battle with one less town. Considering there's going to be scum in our battle party and the health distribution of those alive, I would really expect that would have been a game-finishing move.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think given that Jose is a backliner, him being alive or dead going into tomorrow's battle isn't actually that huge of a difference--anyone that can target the back line will be gunning for Quandary anyways. It's a difference of a few points of damage done to e enemy team, versus more damage being done to our team by not getting lynched as scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Preliminary phase is now over. Send in your...wait, what is this?

THE FIGHTERS:

code:

R  A  N  K     A:  J O C A S T A 

REAR: tithin   Ixtlilton    Murmur Twin

FRONT:  bowmore     Birdstrike    Flying Leatherman

FRONT: chaoslord   Lord of Hats   Tremendous Taste      mr.PBS NEWScapps

REAR: JoseV   King of Bleh   Atoramos   QUANDARY

R  A  N  K    B:  Q A L 

Your glorious leader has joined you in battle! Surely he will smite the wicked Jocastan army!

IT'S BATTLE TIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsNnUAyfd4

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

:black101:

poo poo just got real

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
THERE'S A BAD MOON ON THE RISE

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It's go time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4_FpZvGFA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Should we coordinate? If this is our last stand

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This won't be out last stand.

But yeah coordination might be a good idea given that scum aren't in their lines anymore.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We could focus on their front 3

Do they have health statuses posted

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll use a trick of my own, quandary.

I'll miss you all :(

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I can hit any of the Jocasta fighters. Guide my hand, your will be done Quandary.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alternatively I could run away again and save my rear end but I don't have Swift and I think putting my life on the line is the right move over guaranteed safety but dealing no damage.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hit the front line with everything we have.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I can smell your fear Max.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let's not all hit the same guy tho lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
birdstrike!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yes. Please coordinate, Jocasta.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quandary posted:

Hit the front line with everything we have.

Is that including me, or do you want a boulder toss?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Let's talk in code so the other thread doesn't know how to react. I'll hit Lying Fleatherman

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I want to have at least one interaction with irdstrikeBay so I'm probably gonna hit him. I was considering ithintay but Quandary wants the front lines decimated and I will follow my dark lord into oblivion.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not hitting fl

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'm not hitting bowmore

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Max posted:

Getting suspicious people to soak up damage does eventually pay off.

I'm definitely considering this being true as vindication :colbert:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
max just tell us who is scum on our team, that way you don't accidentally hit them :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Since I can see this is going to be an issue down the line, here is yet another of my famous

Patch 1.0.13!!!

Patch notes:

- If you have fewer players than what is necessary for battle, you cannot withhold a player - all your players will be in battle. However, the only rule for layouts is that you MUST have at least 1 player in the front rank.

E.g. if you have 5 players left alive, you could do 3 in the front rank/2 in the rear, or 2 in the front 3 in the rear, but all 5 must be in battle regardless.

Note that like many of my patches this isn't really a patch as much as it is a clarification on an ambiguity.

enjoy!

patch downloaded etc., video games.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

How many people are we waiting on now, Ecco? Was it just Tithin? Do I get to find out I died yet?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Mafia Edit: Oh, it's two people. In this thread. Well then.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah I had to send Asiina a PM just now to get clarification between the abilities I was thinking about using.

Ecco/Asiina, are battle actions locked in once submitted? Or if I submit now but then change my mind before our other person gets in/ someone in the other thread says something that catches my eye, can I change?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

chaoslord posted:

Ecco/Asiina, are battle actions locked in once submitted? Or if I submit now but then change my mind before our other person gets in/ someone in the other thread says something that catches my eye, can I change?
I don't personally care (Asiina might!), but yeah you'd have until we processed actions to change them.

(I am processing them as people submit them because I am excited and have the day off so what else can I do)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, technically, but since we're just waiting on a few people and it's already being calculated and all that and this has been broadcast in the thread, no, make sure what you put in is final.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean if you change it before the results are posted and the 24 hour deadline hits then I'll obviously change it, but Ecco and I will also hate you.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I definitely considered trying to change my action this morning (yes I woke up thinking about mafia, kill me now) but then decided I wasn't gonna be That Guy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So just waiting on one clarification from one person, but based on the results...holy poo poo.

I will not be posting the results because it deserves some Eccoflavour and I wouldn't take that away from her.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quandary, is this a good holy poo poo?

:ohdear:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
did we win

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quandary's OPG power is to reset and scramble roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU