Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not to contradict you, your uh... wizardship. But that's not entirely true.

We win when we win the war--when the enemy leader is dead. Now, that gets a hell of a lot easier when we don't have scum sabotaging us, but getting rid of them doesn't *quite* get us all the way there (just mostly).

word. gonna be keeping track of what folks say about their roles and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not that we argue over lineups or something, because as was said the biggest factor in any battle is scum presence, but if we're able to be organized about things like distributing healing, that's an edge we can gain over the course of the game if all their clerics are double-healing guys and being generally inefficient.

also we can use what people say about their stats and the outcomes of battles to help scumhunt.

plus people get really upset when you try and talk about stats and combat.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

its not a black and white thing. like we shouldn't stop scumhunting with long lovely posts about how we hate each other.

but in conjunction, the battles can help us learn stuff. check the Achaean mafia team Achaean to see how we made it work in the past.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Quandary please execute us all, its the only way to be sure

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

here is a list of quotes from folks talking 'bout combat:

imgay: “im pretty versatile in battle, can be front or back line”
The Lord of Hats: “If you need a ranged attacker on the front lines, or someone that can really put the hurt on those melees, I'm your man.”
SirSamVines: “I too am a marksman who wishes to serve on the front line. I can take every hit they deal and strike at their back line not once, but twice! Along with some other tricks.”
fits: “furthermore, i built my character with sick snipez in mind with the specific suggestion to toss me to the wolves in battle, so i can lay the hurt on dudes”
Puntification: “I'm an effective ranged soldier for example.”
The Ninth Layer: “I'm a ranger, keep me ranged.”
Sinistral: “I'm more suited for ranged combat, I can't melee for poo poo. I also have a minor healing ability I can use every day.”
CCKeane: “I am a front row person pretty much exclusively.” “My character is the opposite of me irl, save that both of us would be bold on the front line.” “...please put me in so I can MURDER.”
AnonymousNarcotics: “I can be put anywhere in battle. I'm a very rounded person “
Spoonsy: “I would be handy towards the front”
Meinburg: “I'm best at range, but I also have some personal defensive abilities available.”
Tremendous Taste: “Put me in battle. Put me in melee.”
WeLandedOnTheMoon: “I believe myself to be equally valuable in and out of battle, but I will not delve into specifics.” “I have a repeatable day-based attack. “
tuckfard: “I'm melee and pretty decent I think.”
BottleKnight: “Im pretty versatile in battle, can be front or back line” (quoted imgay)

and I'm a front-line support dude. if there's any mistakes or i missed anyone lemme know.

tuckfard posted:

What to do about fools like chaoslord, spoonsy, tremendous taste, and verr, who have offered nothing?

fight me

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

because I am a beautiful free spirit. also its nice to know what people have posted.

two reads:

Quandary: bad at battle games and probably scum? idk
Verr: definitely good at battle games and also handsome?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

he said a mean thing to merk

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

alright, alright, I'm leaning AnonNarco because her* statement about battle is both unspecific and but asking for inclusion. that's a battle-scummy move. unless AnonNarco wants to specify (within the limits of the rules) her role?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

neither. i'm thinking she's scum.

if she is a battle-scum, she'll try to get into combat while also revealing as little info as possible. her telling us more about her battle role would give us a chance to check against her results in battle.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Atoramos posted:

I don't like this at all. Verr has obviously been paying close attention to the thread, considering he posted a compilation of battle posts. But gives a single read on a player, and that read amounts to 'give us more information on your role'. Where's the scumhunting, you're obviously reading the thread.

i am reading the thread. sorry to be dead weight but i haven't had any reads on anyone that someone else hasn't jumped on first. day 1 is hard.

my two reads:

anon is strangely absent despite her impending lynching, and she hasn't responded to my request for more battle-role info, so i'll ##vote AnonymousNarcotics
quidproquid is a cool guy for not voting me because i'm a newbie. you should all take notes.

and i'm with you Bleh, I think battle is a great way to scumhunt. our choices for round 1 should be carefully chosen so that we can use day 1 batttle as a litmus test for the rest of the game. don't be weird about this boss Quandary.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

not going to be able to watch the deadline. just reiterating that i'm voting Anon b/c she refused to give us anything more specific than the "i'm good at fighting, plop me wherever" which reads like a battle-scum to me.

that is, the case against her posting is fine, but there's probably at least one scum trying to sneak into combat and she's a safe-ish day 1 bet for that.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

imo moon has an ability that triggers off being targeted by night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

:ghost: avenge me :ghost:

• Locked thread