Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Put me in battle. Put me in melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Posting easily accessible structural facts and/or collecting posts is empty content

*points at like 5 people, including verr, tnl, King of Bleh*

Merk, what do you think of King of Bleh's posts wrt others' objection to your early posting (pages 6-8 range I think)? It reads really sus and opportunistic while shallow to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If town is playing in an anti town manner, I wouldn't call that a terrible move.

What does stand out to me, however, is that this vote comes after a day action. The horse has already bolted, there's no logic to it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ThT last post of mine is directed to moon

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Why would an actual townie even have the mentality to assume that another townie would willingly sabotage the team? That moronic statement that SSV made is rooted in an "us vs them" mentality, since a legitimate townie wouldn't think that another townie is actively trying to sink the ship.

Calling it "bad play" or "stupid play" is one thing, but SSV chose a word that clearly suggests two different sides at play, and also declares my towniness in the same sentence. If SSV is opposed to a townie, what does that make him?

Mafia players are prideful and terrible

I've been in your position before

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ssv doubling down on a bad play is enough to garner a vote.

##vote ssv

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

TT, are there any other players that have aroused your suspicions?

What do you think of Moon, BottleKnight, and tuckfard?

King of Bleh, for the reasons I noted in question to Merk.

I don't really recall the other two making an impression.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SSV, you can still come back from this ledge, but you aren't going to get me. Not today. So if you have an issue with me, start calling out my posting and don't root your arguments in speculation about the motivations for my actions. Find some poo poo. The come back in a day or two and try again.

What!

You're voting Ssv. You think they're scum. What's with this Mafia dad post?

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You're telling a player you think is scum to reassess and approach a case on your differently? Nah.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Noted, however, that as soon as I question you I get a drive by comment about not having posted much. Subtle.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This is not a thing a town player says to a scum player

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That being toward ssv, post count jabs is nice filler for anyone looking to dim another's point without actually addressing it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If your personality means voting someone you actually think is town and sticking to it because you'd rather be the big man than right, sure

And if anyone has a problem with the fact I'm going to post when I'm not working a ton, vig me. Effort is in quality of posting, not raw number thereof.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moon, be absolutely straight with me. Do you believe Ssv is scum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think moon is town lying about certainty toward Ssv and is too caught up in his own shtick to back down now

Everyone's trying to solve the game d1 and nobody seems willing to admit their guess is as good as any this early

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm chastising you for lying and pretending to believe Ssv is scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sure you did at first lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm saying you're sticking to a bad read publicly rather than admit your dumb gambit snagged a confused townie

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You can't really effectively be condescending while acting like a moron, dude

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't get ssv's point of view until I started to see what he saw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Please entertain me. What did you see that decided to stir you from your slumber?

You know exactly what it was. It's the very post we've been discussing, don't pretend to be dense.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like members of the proud qal horde to sign a pact to ignore moon and Ssv for today. Be better than this mess, friends.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's literally the last 30 minutes of posting. That is what happened. I'm not going to quote myself 5 times and call it a case because *I am not calling you scum and not advocating for your lynch*

You should try playing that way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, you're joking now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We're going with in circles. Let me repeat myself so you're clear on what I'm saying

1) you made a dumb gambit

2) you thought it struck gold

3) it did not, and you came to realize it

4) you're giving yourself little outs rather than admit you were an idiot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merk, what's your feel on bleh, especially with regard to him "defending" you (from anarc, I think)?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I'm concerned that he's playing a present scum game. He's posting a lot without saying all that much. It's why I want more information on his #2 candidate, whoever that is.

There's no way I lynch him on day 1 for that though.

I agree. Thanks~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Front line please.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not worried, as I can't die in battle.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diqnol is ugly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kaschei posted:

WLotM! couldn't finish "The Man in the High Castle" because Philip K. Dick obviously didn't know how WW2 ended

Lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I need a break to recharge my immortality.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also, not to disagree, but I think I might have been a target of scum nk. I can read what damage I'm supposed to have received and it's significant.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Either that or scum on our side went after me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quandary posted:

Do you have a reason to believe you were hit by a NK particularly instead of just a normal battle attack?

Without getting into specifics, I was targeted for a severe amount of damage. Unless verr had low hp (doubtful), that doesn't seem to add up. Maybe it is sensible if the rest of our team was untouched.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like to know status of other battlers just for reference but yeah no solid conclusions yet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I only got the damage number. Flavor talks about bearing pain in the place of others etc

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not for nothing but I remember a ~bad feeling~ about a meinberg post but I'll be damned if I could locate

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Keane, how badly were you hurt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That doesn't add up. I gave you a water shield item that added *****<some>***** armor

So either we all got hailed on or something is up

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 14, 2016

• Locked thread