Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm a ranger, keep me ranged.

What's up tuckfard how's it been?

Hi! It's been good. I've kind of missed this mafia thing a little.

Hello old friends. And new friends. It's good to see all these familiar names.

I'm melee and pretty decent I think.

I hate day 1 so I'm just going to vote for the first name I don't recognize.

##vote anonymousnarcotics

well that was easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

SirSamVimes posted:

If we execute Quandary today, it will be the greatest turbo of them all: a game ending turbo.

##vote quandary

Weren't 2nd votes shady back in the day?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

SirSamVimes posted:

If you really think my vote on the confirmed town thread king whose death is our loss condition is worth taking seriously, I don't know what to say.

You could say "sorry"

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

QuoProQuid posted:

and what the hell is this post???????

##vote: tuckfard

If you really think my "the way things were" comment on a joke vote is worth taking seriously, I don't know what to say

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

CCKeane posted:

Hello Tuckfard.

We meet again.

Indeed we do. You're the first name I checked for when I signed up :love:

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Followed by fits and TNL. And also merk for some reason.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

imgay posted:

vimes done it before as scum

For reals?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Hi buddy how are you?

I honestly think nothing about votes on Quandary

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
WeLandedOnTheMoon is trying so hard. So hard.

##vote welandedonthemoon!

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I've missed that little Alien, Jose

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Hi Sinistral, how are you?

The effort I was condemning of Moon was comments about post counts and splitting his posts up. That's fake effort. I don't care how much the other thread is posting.

He's getting people talking to that's p cool I guess.

Your vote on me is not cool though, good luck with that.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
What's it called when you vote a person for voting you?

##vote Sinistral

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

"Hello, my name is tuckfard. I will now ride the fence."

Yes because making "real opinions" based on nothing is so much better

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I guess I could just not post like the other 2/3 of the thread, that's way more "townie"

Moon, I post like that too (pew pew, you know what I mean) so I don't really think it's making you scummy. Plus you really have got the ball rolling (for 4 people) so good for you

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Oops looks like I just second voted again

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

QuoProQuid posted:

*faaaaaaarrrttttttt*

"hey, i don't like moon's posts, except the one's that i do like."

this is a v. useful post and not meaningless noise.

I just post from my heart, QPQ. I want to lay it all out on the table. An open book.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
You used to be able to have fun in Mafia. What happened to fun?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

QuoProQuid posted:

But for real now, I dislike tuckfard's posting. His initial comment on Vimes (1) threw me off because it implies suspicion without actually committing to a vote. His deflection of the issue (2) afterward is, arguably, even worse. Since then, he's been an active part of the thread, seemingly without leaving a serious suspicion. The closest commitment we have from him is an insinuation that Moon is trying too hard to be town (3), a point which he later doubles back on (4). It strikes me as weird behavior.

It's too early for commitment, I barely know this thread.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Tuckfard, who should I hurt before the day is over?

I dunno dude, the game has been up for like 4 hours.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I actually skimmed through the other thread and it's more garbage than ours.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

BottleKnight posted:

I liked my original vote on tuckfard, and would still vote him. I've just moved on since he hasn't posted much lately.

My meinberg post like 10 minutes ago was not a quote and was an original thought. What do you think of that, imgay?

I don't like this reasoning and it has nothing to do with being against me.

That said, I remember him being a fairly low effort poster, so I just assumed he was doing him.

:smith:

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Gonna ##unvote since that was obvs a joke vote.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Ok looked back a few pages

Spoonsy posted:

I miss anything important last night?

I love you Spoonsy but come on bro, we need something from you.

AA's big commentary post sucks. I did poo poo like that all the time as scum. Probs would vote.

also

BottleKnight posted:

After some reflection Meinberg's posts are really really scummy but I'm not convinced he would make those posts as scum and not town.

Like they're so scummy that they're almost alignment-neutral to me. He sounds like someone who is ridiculously not self-conscious, which actually seems kinda towny to me. They're still bad posts, though.

This is weak I don't like this dude.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm not really liking BK. He claims that leaving your vote on someone is scummy, but I think throwing your vote around the room to see what sticks is worse.

He uses a "too scummy to be scum" argument about meinberg and posts some other stuff buddying up to him. Reads to me like scum who knows meinberg will flip town and wants to be on the right side of history.

*Note: this post is not saying I definitely believe meinberg is town.

I agree with this stuff about BK though.

Of these two dudes I ##vote BK because of that super wishy washy post.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
QUESTIONS:

Is the case on SVV that he thinks Moon is scum?

What to do about fools like chaoslord, spoonsy, tremendous taste, and verr, who have offered nothing?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
You know what, I looked at Meinberg too because I don't remember anything about what he's said. Well, it's because he's said nothing. He's apparently gone for the weekend LARPing, which is probably worth a vote right there, but I agree that his post on WLOTM was shady, and everything else he's posted is worthless. Something feels off.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Atoramos posted:

tuckfard's content here is pretty poor and lacks original contribution. Page 12, and he comments on a 'lurker feeling off' (and prods Spoonsy), and throwing a vote on BK mostly due to other's cases. I would like to see more original ideas from tuckfard and some post analysis, especially if his own content consists of prodding lurkers.

You know that I'm not very good at this game but aside from that

What does original even mean? Do I have to make up a case on someone that no one has talked about just because? My thoughts can't be similar to anyone elses?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I don't like Sinistral but someone else has posted why.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Day 1 is about people making small cases seem bigger than they are, people argue, and then someone gets bandwagoned at the last minute.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm phone posting before bed but atoramos, here are some vines thoughts.

On the surface I agree that what WLOTM pulled is lovely and not helpful to the town. I'm all about that and honestly I don't disagree with that vote. I think that as town, a day action (presumably harmful) that early in the day is reckless and very likely harmful and should not be tolerated.

I don't know much about vines but he comes across as new at this point. I love (almost prefer) to be "assigned" by the thread people to look at because it's overwhelming and I'm terrible. I think he posted a thought about WLOTM's action and then admitted that the majority thread opinion swayed him and I see nothing wrong with that.

I'll post more tomorrow around lunch.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

BottleKnight posted:

Also I really don't like how Sinistral basically stopped posting with no excuse after mild suspicion.

I'm with you on this

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm not really feeling SVV or Anon too much, but I guess I'll look at KoB.

I was serious about Sinistral, dude's all but disappeared. However as much as I love lynching lurkers, you don't learn much from their lynch.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Quandary posted:

Spoonsy at least vote for someone so we're in less of a risk of no-lynching, even if its just a random person with votes already.

What is the case on Sinstral beyond just lurking?

I guess just that mainly.

Any other opinions on BK? I'm not really feeling strongly about any of these top 3.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Hey anon remind me why you are voting merk

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I guess I'd rather vote Anon than VimVam ##vote Anon

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Jose V out of nowhere

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
If you put me in battle put me in the front.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Ugh that was my entire Christmas break

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
What's the easiest way to find votebots posts so i can look at the votes?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
QPQ I like the way you post. I'm going to read over those things as well as meinberg but for now ##vote capps because you are intentionally doing nothing right now but making noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
I'm cooking up a few posts as we speak

• Locked thread