Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

PSA

:siren: We will not win this game by analyzing night actions or by min maxing battle plans. :siren:

First and foremost this is still a mafia game, and will win by scumhunting. It's fine to talk about battle plans and night actions, but its easy to get bogged down when we should be scum hunting.

Also, be aware of what information you share. If you feel its valuable for me to know about your role you can share, but make sure its not something crippling for Max and the other thread, not even to mention our own scum. Im going to trust everyones judgement on this, but please take it into account.

Why are you being such a downer? Because you're actually scum and not really the town leader at all, that's why!

##vote Quandary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

tuckfard posted:

Followed by fits and TNL. And also merk for some reason.

:smith:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

I'm home now. Let the rumbling begin.

:siren: In your next post, please force yourself to analyze at least one post of another player and say what it says about that player's alignment. :siren:

This is a Mafia dad post which is totally something merk would do when playing Mafia.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hey, everyone. let's play a game. can you tell me what these posts have in common?

QuoProQuid posted:

hey, everyone. let's play a game. can you tell me what these posts have in common?

if you answered, "they all look like reads but make no commitments or effort at probing deeper into the alignment of other players," then you win!

if you answered, "they are bad" then you win!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Can you say what is bad about that post? Just stating "these posts are bad" is meaningless, it tells us nothing. What don't you like about QuoProQuid's post?

The content

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

your game is too easy. everyone already knows that my posts are bad.

I considered quoting all your posts in the thread for a sicker burn but :effort:

Seriously though, tuckfard's stuff looks like standard start of game stuff to me

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that it was third votes that were considered to be bad, but what do I know

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Ugghhhh too many posts

They are all bad (especially these http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759141&userid=77039) you didn't miss anything

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

Here's a funny political cartoon from 1912 to alleviate some of the strain on your eyes.

the joke is that taft was really fat.

So Taft represents Keane right?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

tuckfard posted:

You used to be able to have fun in Mafia. What happened to fun?

I'm still having fun! Let's be having fun buddies!

:hf:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

All of these votes falling on Anon are making me suspicious all of a sudden. I bet somewhere in the last 2-3 people to agree about Anon one is scum.

Jose, please contribute or at place your vote somewhere valuable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29YcBHpH5E

##unvote

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Can someone give me a summary of the cases agains SSV, BK, and Anon?

I've been trying to keep up with the thread over the weekend and I remember getting a gut feeling on BK and Anon but I haven't completely followed the bickering that's been going on day 1 because

tuckfard posted:

Day 1 is about people making small cases seem bigger than they are, people argue, and then someone gets bandwagoned at the last minute.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

I don't like anon because they've spent all day posting insincere-feeling "oh woe is me these votes on me are bad this is why I don't play anymore" type posts rather than giving any actual opinions or or looking for scum or playing the game.
I just reviewed Anon's post history and the scummiest thing I saw was the bad case against merk (note: her vote is STILL on merk) but it's probably just bad town play.

The "this always happens to me" stuff smells like emo townie more than caught scum.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Back row please
*pew pew*

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What's the reasoning behind SVV? I reread his post history and nothing really stands out to me as scummy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##vote Anon to avoid no lynch

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

tuckfard posted:

Jose V out of nowhere

I tried to get people to convince me to vote someone else v:) v

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Did we win?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm definitely not drunk posting but here's a picture of me putting furniture together right now

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

But for real I might ask Ecco to replace out, or just post my damage numbers and suicide because when only 8 out of 25 people care enough to post regularly, why bother?

:emo:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You posted 100 times more than the next most active poster, maybe you're just posting too much?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Here's my rendition of day 1

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Puntification posted:

this seems like a pro-jacasta cartoon, we should turbo you tomorrow for this open sedition

It's satire you peasant

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Lowtax, fix the forums.

Sure. I'll chill. I am just annoyed by a combo of things with regards to this game. A bit about all the shade being thrown at me based on mechanics (even though if the town knew my full ability sheet they would understand why I posted like I have), a bit about the terrible loving lynch from last night that was the embodiment of giving up and doing what's easy, and a mix of other things.

I'm definitely not going to post as much during D2. Maybe someone else will come in and put forth some effort.
If we could see anyone's character sheet we would understand their posting a lot better. This isn't a new mafia concept. Perhaps you should reconsider how you play/post given the rules of Mafia don't support the way you are trying to play.

Who should we have lynched last night instead? What was the knockout case that we ignored?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I maintain that there were better cases on SSV, KoB, or even me.

Last night was basically a no-lynch.

Guess you should have made a better argument for lynching one of them then.

Your case on SSV is bad and you should feel bad! If you think he is scum then maybe put forth a convincing case instead of whining about how people aren't falling all over themselves to lynch SSV over your poo poo case

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Everyone is a lurker in comparison to you :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

For anyone who is not Kaschei, I still maintain that he is not reading the thread in the way that a townie would.

:words:

He isn't reading the thread.
First, at best you make an argument that kaschei isn't reading the thread, not that he isn't reading the thread the way a townie would which is your initial assertion.

Second, you and Meinberg could be scum together and you're just trying to create separation. It would be a smart play as scum and explain your weird play regarding your ability and "confidence" that Meinberg is scum very early in the game. It's not enough yet that I would want to vote you, but you are far from confirmed based on your ability and Meinberg's reaction.

It's a solid FoS on WLOTM!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

You've both established that you're really good at making a case
:clegg:

People who are really good at making cases convince people to vote for someone

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

I'll say now that I absolutely won't support an SSV lynch after his claim, and am completely convinced he's town.

I'll agree on not lynching SSV right now, but in the same manner that Meinberg's post doesn't confirm WLOTM as town this doesn't confirm SSV as town either.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

Who are the players you are most confident are town, and why?

The only people I'm confident are town are Quandary and Jose Valasquez because Ecco told me they are town.

I cannot speak with any level of confidence about the alignment of anyone else, there just hasn't been enough to draw conclusions one way or another as of yet. I'm bad at identifying scum early in any game, I'm much more of a solve the puzzle after some of the initial pieces have been identified kinda guy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

Well that's a dumb as hell answer because there's been 26 pages of posts for you to work from, but I appreciate your candor I guess

But 20 of those are just WLOTM complaining about SSV :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not a big fan of the second argument quoted here. If we assume that WLOTM and Meinberg are scum, then there's a lot that could go wrong in this gambit. The town might decide to support WLOTM and lynch Meinberg. WLOTM might not be able to sell the bus and instead attract attention to himself. If there's any power roles like Meinberg is claiming, then it would be really easy to reveal the duplicity. It's a really dumb and unnecessary gambit and I don't see a lot of evidence to really support its existence. The hypothetical comes off as an incredibly unlikely ~~~~what iffffff~~~~.

It sounds exactly like some of the gambits people would do as scum back in my day. Maybe scum these days are just a bunch of wimps v:) v

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Puntification posted:

Pick one of the following: Either they think you're scum, they feel confident we'll lynch you or they simply had other priorities/ideas.

Fixed. They wouldn't know whether he is scum or not

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Puntification posted:

Why do you think the scum are blind?

I thought we were talking about the battle, not the night kill. My mistake :tipshat:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

this is dumb tho

He's absolutely correct actually

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Can we get Spoonsy back?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

tuckfard posted:

QPQ I like the way you post. I'm going to read over those things as well as meinberg but for now ##vote capps because you are intentionally doing nothing right now but making noise

Agree on capps, disagree on QPQ. It feels like QPQ is trying way too hard, especially early yesterday, he makes a BFD out of really stupid poo poo. It reminds me of politicians taking stuff out of context and playing gotcha

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

It's the content of what you're posting. Like you overreacted to several tuckfard posts a few hours into the game. Your early posting took things that were obviously not that serious and blew them out of proportion.

I hate mafia posting from my phone because it makes it really hard to build well cited posts.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

mr.capps posted:

people who don't know me, let me teach you about the capps method of mafia

this is a game of tone and intent, not facts and logic, of emotion and narrative control

and i feel in my bones we must murder the gently caress out of jose

Sounds like your bones are about as good as your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Puntification posted:

What does Fos mean?

Finger of suspicion, it's an old mafiascum term. My use was tongue in cheek.

• Locked thread