Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Guard is frightened. One of Jocasta's closest lieutenants was murdered during the night, and yet the scouts reported nobody entering or leaving the well-lit and guarded perimeter of the camp. This could only mean one thing: somehow, someone (or someones!) betrayed the Guard. The Guard! A lifetime's work thrown away for some petty sorcerer? It is unthinkable, and yet it can be the only explanation. Just as Jocasta was about to address the concerned crowd, they fell to the ground from a loud explosion - someone had sabotaged the stables, killing most of the knights' horses and spooking the rest into a frenzy. When the dust settled, Jocasta, her face grave and filled with rage, ordered an immediate decimation. She vowed the traitors would be found and tortured and killed.
From Qal's camp in the distance they heard nothing; just an eerie silence, as if the whole horde was reduced to a whisper.

Welcome to the Conquest of Qal! This is the thread for the Praetorienne Guard, fighting against the barbaric horde of the dark wizard Qal.

Rules and Recruitment Thread

The Thread for Qal's Horde

Standard Mafia Rules

The mod for this thread is Ecco! Please send ALL your PMs and actions to ah, hi-, er, he-, um, yes.

Your thread leader is Max! He is confirmed town and knows private details about the setup.

Quick summary of the special game rules:

- :siren: YOU MUST NEVER SAY EXPLICIT NUMBERS WHEN REFERRING TO YOUR STATS OR DAMAGE POTENTIAL OR HP :siren:
--- First violation the entire thread will receive a WARNING.
--- Second violation the player will be instantly modkilled, no questions asked. This goes for EVERYONE. One mistake from anyone in your thread and you are all at risk of modkill.

- The three phases are: Day, Preliminary, and Battle.

- You may only use one Ability per phase unless otherwise specified.

- You win when the enemy Leader is dead.

Sample flip:
:s: flatluigi, Printhus, Arrentish Heavy (TOWN), was killed Night 0. :s:

Enjoy!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Player List:

MOD: Ecco!

LEADER: Max
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. BabeLiker90
  3. Birdstrike
  4. bowmore
  5. CapitalistPig
  6. Chic Trombone
  7. Doktor Per
  8. Dominoes
  9. EXAKT Science Flying Leatherman
  10. fiery_valkyrie
  11. Gamerofthegame
  12. Gwynplaine
  13. Ixtlilton
  14. Kashuno
  15. King Burgundy
  16. Murmur Twin
  17. Podima
  18. Rarity
  19. Rascyc
  20. Ridonkulous
  21. tithin
  22. TMMadman
  23. Tommunist
  24. VivaNova

Night 0: flatluigi, Printhus, Arrentish Heavy (TOWN), was killed.
Day 1: Rarity, Riagán, Bishadher Heavy (TOWN), executed.
Battle 1: 100YrsofAttitude, Arrentish Heavy (JOCASTA TOWN), died.
Day 2: Ridonkulous, Nathalie, Mereaux Cleric (TOWN), executed.
Battle 2: NO JOCASTA DEATHS HOORAY WOO YESS VICTORY IS SWEET
Day 3: Tommunist, Henri, Mereaux Tactician (TOWN), executed.
Battle 3: Diqnol, Ardgha, Bishadher Heavy (TOWN), died. Gwynplaine, Athénaïs, Mereaux Heavy (TOWN), died.
Day 4: King Burgundy, Nico, Nemchek Mage (SCUM), executed.
Battle 4: VivaNova, Victoire, Mereaux Mage (JOCASTA TOWN), died.
Day 5: Rascyc, Moyra, Bishadher Heavy (SCUM), executed.
Battle 5: TMMadman, Cairbregn, Bishadher Mage (SCUM), died. Dominoes, Claudia, Arrentish Heavy (TOWN), died. Gamerofthegame, Judyta, Mereaux Light (TOWN), died.
Day 6: Kashuno, Maeve, Bishadher Tactician (SCUM), executed.
Battle 6: Podima, Cornelia, Arrentish Light (TOWN), died.
Day 7: Nobody died because they were all too CHICKEN, too YELLER, too much of a herd of MANGY POLE CATS to vote.
Battle 7: fiery_valkyrie, Doriana, Savomarine Scout (TOWN), died.
Day 8: Chic Trombone, Marta, Livireen Light (SCUM), executed.

ALL SCUM ARE DEFEATED

Battle 8: Birdstrike, Felicia, Livireen Tactician (JOCASTA TOWN), died.

GAME RESOLVED

:angel:
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 12, 2016

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
flatluigi was Jocasta's most trusted lieutenant. It was sad to see him go.

:s: flatluigi, Printhus, Arrentish Heavy (TOWN), was killed Night 0. :s:

GAME OFFICIALLY BEGINS NOW!!! :dance: :woop: :krakken: :vapes: :aaaaa: :ssj:

Note: votes will be counted by Votefinder. Like so:

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

:iiam:

Not Voting (25): 100YrsofAttitude, BabeLiker90, Birdstrike, bowmore, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Doktor Per, Dominoes, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, Gamerofthegame, Gwynplaine, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Max, Murmur Twin, Podima, Rarity, Rascyc, Ridonkulous, tithin, TMMadman, Tommunist, VivaNova

:h: With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 11th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 days, 3 hours.

"Many Bishadher bandit tribes - such as the Yelling Yeomen - fought bitterly against the Arrentish invasion. Many still resent the conquest today." - Georgia de Peche, Mereaux scholar.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 7, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I stand ready.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
HI ALL :sun:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna get right down to it, Max. I am not going to do much damage in battle; although I can take a bit of a beating. I am more of a homebody.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Sweet! Unambiguously the cooler thread~

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I'm gonna get right down to it, Max. I am not going to do much damage in battle; although I can take a bit of a beating. I am more of a homebody.

So more of a meat tank, got it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Pleased to meet y'all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sorry, the kingdom of anime is in the other direction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure Qal will be more than happy to bring you in to the fold.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because he probably watches Anime in his spare time, is what I am saying.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Does anyone else think it's weird the conquering invaders are good, and the ones defending their home are evil?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Was it weird when the British united the barbarous tribes of India? Certainly not, Dominoes, most certainly not.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dominoes posted:

Does anyone else think it's weird the conquering invaders are good, and the ones defending their home are evil?

no

sympathizer spotted ##vote Dominoes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Carthago delenda est.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
kill the swampers

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Checking in and then checking out for the night. King Maximilian I'm a bruiser. I can deal out big hits and I can soak up a fair amount, but not like amazingly well. I should only be melee.

Who's planning on following the other thread?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dominoes posted:

TRAITOR

##vote Dominoes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gamerofthegame posted:

no

sympathizer spotted ##vote Dominoes

mafia edit f beaten ##unvote

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Is your avatar Geralt in a western?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm incapable of combat due to a childhood illness that ate away me legs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dominoes posted:

Is your avatar Geralt in a western?

pretty much tbh

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hello friends putting me in a ranged attack position in battle is a very good idea.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
had to quote this straight off

howdy ya'll

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

So more of a meat tank, got it.

to be clear though, I do have some decent home abilities to make up for my total lack of combat prowess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dominoes posted:

I think it depends on your outlook

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

oh you should probably save me for later cuz I'm kinda rubbish at punching in mans

only sick deals

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also please play mafia in this thread and don't lurk/setup spec/combat results spec your way through because gently caress you if you do any of those

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

howdy ya'll

Howdy everyone, my av is Ocelot from mgs5 (I haven't played it), apparently our lines of work have 'similarities.'

All of my skills are battle-oriented. I have one attack which will be useful in the first fight and probably never again afterwards. I can do a few other things to help my fightin' buddies.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Who's planning on following the other thread?

Me. We need to get an idea of who is better to target in battle.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll be reading both threads so I can deliver precision strikes at Keane's persona.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo for real, this is a game of mafia first and some weird soldiers game second, so yes what Kashuno said. I hate hate hate people lurking because it throws off reads and turns the midgame into a quagmire of BS.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also, I like to hurt people Max.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Also please play mafia in this thread and don't lurk/setup spec/combat results spec your way through because gently caress you if you do any of those

The other thread has more people prone to doing those things. Don't you worry your sweet, simple reptilian head.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, feel free to read the other thread and discuss it in your arguments or whatever the heck you are going to do with that information, but I am going to impose a gag-order on the other thread for myself because I know things and I don't want to point to anything in particular over there.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If only there was some way to get rid of lurkers...

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.

Kashuno posted:

Out the door swinging. I bet you think posts like this will set you up as being a good townie but all you are doing is repeating what everyone here already knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, I like to hurt people Max.

You sound like an excellent soldier!

• Locked thread