Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I'm a wimpy little ranged dude. I am about as good in a fistfight as helen keller. I have very limited out of battle usage, despite my ~*charismatic personality*~

when this war of ours is over, I hope to become a landowner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

BabeLiker90 posted:

##vote Podima

Self conscious and snipey without actually offering any content

ugh, i asked to be in the cool people thread.
##vote BabeLiker90

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
A likely story...

you probably don't even know their fave Spice Girl.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
^^^^

I'm having a hard time with my joke vote, knowing I could joke vote here instead. gently caress. Everybody knows Ginger is where it's at.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Gonna just work my way through the thread in a chronological order.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote doktor per You could just post better? Forgoing your pointless joke vote?

This was a garbage post and it shouldn't just be passed over in the crowded field of posts we've had since the game started.

Thank you. That's a fair point. Last evening before crashing I really didn't like that people were joining up on BabeLiker for sleights I did not sense. Would have put in the effort to ##unvote had I feared any real danger to them.

Who I must admit has become cooler than me ITT. :(

Now for reference, my read on the Podima vote was non-serious, but BabeLiker was clearly being hypocritical. I found it funny in a rude sort of way.

I still don't have a strong enough read of anyone to want to really go all in on serious vote. (I'll be refraining from using my vote till I mean it from now on.)

Podima posted:

Doktor Per has contributed one joke vote and no actual content while trying to explicitly stay out of battle: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143&userid=111306

At this point I agree most with 100Yrs' vote on Doktor Per. ##vote Doktor Per Would also swap back to f_v for similar no-content reasons.

You have already been admonished for reading comprehension, I'll spare you the repeat.

I feel there's more responsibility on Scum players (closely knit society that can gently caress one another over.) so it was the side I mentally prepared for joining. (Also hoping for scum insight as I most likely would be town)

I reached the conclusion that Scum would always want to be in battle, in the rear guard. That way they can potentially attack any team member and minimum accidental friendly fire. So I assume many scum would claim "ranged characters" to just obliterate the front line, or cripple their ranged capabilities with a knife to the neck. Now Scum are about 5-7 players and only three spots in each row.

So filling a team with scum seems unlikely (though awesome), and thus we should assume that it's best to avoid putting scum altogether in battle, unless you can fill your own team with scum completely. Which is a highly unlikely scenario.

Although this could work in towns' advantage if the FRONT LINES are filled 100% with Scum, making them incapable of killing the ranged Townies.

~~~~~~~~

That stuff about battle did not help scum hunt, I admit. I want to believe that the town catapult is real, and I feel as if I've only seen about 12-14 names in the thread. Counting Team Mascot Venom Soag.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
OK, gonna give a few impressions, of people I feel I have had the least sense for after a re-read. Granted, I know none of you.

Dominoes:
At first they didn't ping me at all, they're asking questions, when they posts they are engaging the thread, but never ever gives up any sort of opinion. Seems like an experienced Mafia player judging by the observations and inquiries, but that being given, I would assume more insight and opinions. There are opinions in the posts, but only other people's being restated.

Seems odd.

lxt:
90% Jokepost stuff that turns into a hissy fit that's as inane as inane gets. I blame no one involved.

Ixtlilton posted:

Hi I'm here in the thread posting.
And though this is true. What has actually been posted? It's no content.
The same story could be said about f_v.

VivaNova:
I like what I've seen so far. Good questioning, sensible about differing perspectives. Getting good vibes.

[b]Tomm:[b]
The claim makes me want to believe. I don't see a scum benefit to it.

~~~~
I'll check out more later, and be active in the thread. My brain's been addled by opiates all weekend, but I'm hoping the need for them will pass soon.

Pre-edit: Gameerofthegame: Excellent! I was thinking about asking someone who's reading the other thread, to determine who to attack.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Ixtlilton posted:

I have opinions on at least two players and I've engaged with the thread, what's your definition of content?

Those opinions seemed to be formed before you entered the game. A part of the dance of tradition. Just click your own question mark and it becomes quite apparent.

This is Rock Houses speaking.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Mafia Edit: *Glass Houses

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Yeah, I now feel comfortable to ##vote Ixtlilton

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Doktor, why choose Ixt as someone who has posted no content? Aren't there lots of other players who fall into that category?

Absolutely, me included. Lxt I chose because I remembered their avatar, but could not remember anything but "ugh, please stop this train." Day one. Now granted the players I took an isolated second look at, were almost randomly picked. (Tithin is confusing me just because of the Darling Roundabout)

I would love for Catapult Chic to be more present, but having been homeless and struggling to get internet I would personally err on the more sympathetic side of regaining internet. For today. But it's not looking too hot. Also, I wanted to check for my impression of people. I feel that it's improper with only two posts, one of which is "I just got net again."

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

tithin posted:

:coffeepal:

Not sure what this refers to, is it my Avatar that keeps changing? It's out of my hands, sorry, but I also don't see how it could impact on the game that greatly.

I usually remember things via avatars. I know it's out of your hands. This must be doubly frustrating for you :(

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Is babeliker some sort of a scum smokebomb?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How do you mean?

"Guys, I'm a catapult, whom should I shoot? I can only do it day one so please be quick."

Then with less than 24 hours to end of D1, "nvm, i was wrong." Just looks super weird. Super duper weird, I can't think of a GOOD reason for that whole thing, what I can think of, are BAD reasons.

Especially with the Rarity discussion that was going on. Seemed like an almost intentional derail.

Is Charismatic a thing in Mafia? I did not know, I just put that there because statistically speaking, I'm not the least charming person on the team, judging by my character sheet. I only have a singular vote. I promise.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
The more you know.

Bad reasons I can think of are Fishing for Information regarding town that it would hurt to lose, try to get Max into marking town in the other thread. Maybe I'm dumb.

Since the info is out, and I tried to read all the rules and how the non-mafia part of this, the Charisma bit was news to me. You say you are a front line fighter. So I am to understand you are a highly charismatic one?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Anyway, it's getting down to the wire, been on a date most of the night, and will probably go to sleep in the next few hours. Going to read over the top Lynchtenders before I sleep, and throw my vote on the one I feel the worst about.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You may want to read the rules again if you can because charisma is not what makes a frontline fighter that'd mainly be Might and probably Stamina. If I knew about Charisma is because I read the rules.
I misunderstood that as just voting anonymously, not getting a secret +1. (I read it before I figured out what OPG meant). Was under the impression that it was the thing, only the most charismatic of men could have and thus was dubious about how you became privy to that (public) information.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I reread things. TMM's evolutionary tract of rage seemed natural. I've seen similar behavior in people, it was almost gradual (which is why people may not have spotted the shift.) I would be inclined to believe it as genuine, but it seems strange to maintain this level of anger for such a long time and then repeatedly subject oneself to it if it always turns out the same for them. I was a lot less suspicious until I wrote this out.

I like what Rarity has been putting out. Doing so made me note times and such better, I often peruse the little question marks to read a single individual, but I'm experiencing the downfalls of viewing them in a vacuum. I could not see anything proper to support TMM's claim of Rarity 'gunning for him from the start.'

It also let me see this, in reverse chronological order:

Dominoes posted:

I've cooled on you a bit, in case you're curious; I may have been misinterpreting your posting style. Rarity and King following suit was a hint.

Dominoes posted:

I think Rasc is likely scum. I'll lay a vote down once I've decided he's still the most likely, compared to a few others. He''s consistently posted commentary on not-so-relevant things.
What Dominoes has posted since votes have been put on him. Someone said something along the lines of "scum have buddies looking out for them." At the time I had a hard time wrapping my head around it, but I'm starting to get a clearer picture of why. When the heat is on a buddy, they can draw attention elsewhere, while buddy lets people forget about them and lays low. Someone also said (same person? TMM?) that it's town's job to try not get voted because you are all alone. With that in mind, I can't really say that I like the look of this.

Need to lie down, take some pills. Going to try not to fall asleep and check out some more people, before I throw down my pre-slumber vote. I'm guessing CapitalistPig og Chic Trombone are getting replaced, unless a miracle happens. Does not bode well for D2.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I found myself agreeing with what Gwyn was saying. I was about to quote Kash when I saw they had already done so. Down to the popular vote statement, but that might be what I've observed as being a universal rule of "worst outcome of D1 is no lynch."

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I know I'm unlikely to be chosen, but I would like to fight in the rear. I believe I can be of service.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I'm about to pass out. I'd be much keener on ending the pizza party than lynching TMM via catapult.

For reasons stated previously.
##vote Dominoes

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
wow meds wore off at the beszt / wotrst time. i'll probs be around til hammertime. in case i need to move my vote.

i look forward to yuor case rarity.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I'm game to throw Rarity down. Will wait till closer to the deeadline.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
We are at 11-8 with 80 minutes to go.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
i've been having a prettty hard time forming coherent sentences. I'm not operating on a lot of sleep.

But that being said, I've made my feelings on Dominoes clear, and I want to avoid a no-lynch. Which seems unlikely now so maybe I should just go back to sleep.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Catachic was a typo. Couldn't remebmer her name offhand correctly.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
yes a person ive nerver talked to before and didnt know and i butchered the name. havent you ever met someone named jim and you call them john?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
4 hours prior:

Dominoes posted:

I spoke of effort to do it properly.

##vote rascyc

least hepful vote. now we are at fukcing 10-10 with 3 votes we have no way of knowing if theyll turn up

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
ye will be missed
##vote rarity

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
venom snug took me itno his box and taught me a few techniqes

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
a phiolsophical view would say that the lack of content itslef was cotnent

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
The battle may have been inconclusive, but we certainly did more damage. Go us! I think that the assumption that we got a no scum group fighting, would be the most likely outcome.

Max posted:

This applies to everyone.

I have a pretty good feeling about them. Have been rather helpful throughout.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
exAkt also supsiciously has been abscent since combat resalts.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

King Burgundy posted:

Are you off the meds now/feeling better?
Feeling loads better. Was completely out yesterday. Hoping this sticks.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

King Burgundy posted:

Awesome. Glad to hear it!

So now that you are feeling more level headed, who would your top scum picks be at the moment?

Exakt, comes quickly to mind. Would actually love for Exakt to comment if

Dominoes D1 had me suspicious (obviously), but has been constructive since then. So not really relevant to the list.

TMM, I find suspect. There's just so much posting, that's inane and banal. And keeps it up despite self-awareness. I find it hard to believe that it's sincere posting.

Babeliker's claim I find super duper suspect. Their posting I can't get a good read on. But what bothers me is the aspect of the claim that will likely keep 'em off the battlefield, sure (but thus free to do the NK), but once they'd be put on the battlefield "out of necessity" it would be around the time where Max would become vulnerable. It bothers me.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I'll have you know I opted all the way in on ranged! I opted out of melee, because I suck at it, but stick me in the front lines if you want me to take a shots at their rear. I could probably take a round there and yet fight another day.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Kashuno posted:

Doktor Per

I don't really like this post. Lots of shade, but no one seems to be scummier than others. :question:If you find diqnol scummier than the rest, why not make it the focus? Why not vote?:question: It feels really fake and fabricated to me.

The main thing that irks me there is the claim. I didn't plant a vote as I wanted someone else, more experienced in these games to provide input. This was a scenario that I pictured, as I found it odd to have a non combatant role. If there's precedent or it's normal, these suspicions would be moot.

I didn't want to look stupid.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
gently caress it ##vote: TMM going to bed.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Doktor Per posted:

I'm a wimpy little ranged dude. I am about as good in a fistfight as helen keller. I have very limited out of battle usage, despite my ~*charismatic personality*~

when this war of ours is over, I hope to become a landowner.

How hard is it to loving understand fistfight? I do ranged damage, though I hypothetically can do a melee attack, it's not going to be effective. I'd be surprised if the opposition felt it.

I'd love to get into a fight and I would honestly prefer to die on the frontlines, over being lynched and thus costing us a good soldier. (I wouldn't say good scumhunter, seeing as I see town in every corner.)

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Murmur Twin posted:

a. What is your preferred pronoun? I keep thinking of Dok as a female and getting confused
b. How much experience do you have playing Mafia?
A. I honestly don't care, but I'm usually called he.
B. I played those two games AGES ago, and once played a game of werewolf where I got NK'd Night 1. That's pretty much it.

Ixtlilton posted:

Doktor Per played up how on pills they were with these posts:

and then kinda jokes about it later but it's still a playing up thing and looks bad to me.

I made one post where I was genuinely too hosed up too even type properly, Birdstrike had a positive reaction to it. I decided to play it up, since it seemed fun and then it turned into too much work to continue. It also helped that most of that time I was superbly wrecked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
^^^
Those tats look baller.
~~~

The game isn't over till Quandary is in the ground, right?

Kash's first comment of the day is utterly and completely bizarre. I just woke up, and will post further thoughts when I'm more sentient.

I find it very hard to disagree with the Kash, Tith, Dom, Dok, Bow list even though I'm on it.

• Locked thread