Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I stand ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Was it weird when the British united the barbarous tribes of India? Certainly not, Dominoes, most certainly not.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm incapable of combat due to a childhood illness that ate away me legs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll be reading both threads so I can deliver precision strikes at Keane's persona.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Also please play mafia in this thread and don't lurk/setup spec/combat results spec your way through because gently caress you if you do any of those

The other thread has more people prone to doing those things. Don't you worry your sweet, simple reptilian head.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm a cowering mouse. I am an ant beneath your boot. I am but a humble legless freakazoid that begs you all to keep me away from reptiles.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

tithin posted:

Also someone gave me this poo poo house avatar overnight so I'm going to keep my posting to a minimum until I can change it in about 11 hours.

What did you do to earn it, friend?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

tithin posted:

I call everyone darling, darling, and someone took umbrage at me using it when talking to a friend who was complaining about some real life circumstances and I was offering my professional real life advice.

The irony is, darling, that it was this same friend who started the darling trend.

You monster. As Duke of the Own Zone, I sentence you to approximately 12 hours of Own.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It turns out that peoples opinions of other people largely impact their reads of them as well without a healthy dose of discipline. I find myself doing it too, actually, but it can be fought against. Fight the good fight with me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If I were king, it would be illegal for TMM and Kashuno to talk to or about one another until the game gets small enough to override such a law.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Podima posted:

Also slowly catching up - count me in as someone who will be following the other thread because I lurk every single mafia thread. :ninja:

for example I'm pretty sure I remember you doing this in at least one other thread I've read, lol

##vote Podima

Self conscious and snipey without actually offering any content

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ixt, take a step back and try to reread your conversation with ridonkulous tomorrow with new eyes and see if you feel the same way.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Holy poo poo! I might not be the most stubborn person in this thread!

Holy poo poo! Get over yourself!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you could kill someone in the other thread in exchange for sacrificing someone in this thread, who would you give up?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I have a town read on Kash. I've seen him as scum in a couple of recent games and he seems way more sincere so far.

I'd prefer everyone to check in before voting but I am leaning towards Ixt, Kash's call out seemed to throw him a bit which he is writing off as part of his plan. I don't buy that.

Can you specifically point to where ixt did that because I saw no such thing

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Ixt's interpretation is highly charitable, that's not how I saw it at the time.

They have a real history and it makes perfect sense within that context. FV has already confirmed that much. Tea leaves, friend.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm pretty cool bub

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I strongly suspect one of the two votes on me from last night is a scum vote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I have a convoluted theory about Diqnol. His vote on Pod is almost too easy.

Share this theory with me, I need some jelly for my toast

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

I think Bowmore's vote was the worst of all of the votes so far because its an obviously reasonless vote at a point where enough content exists to not just be making poo poo up AND comes from a poster that doesn't do that sort of thing anyway.
I like my own vote, I guess. I don't see another vote that persuades me and "technically right but for the wrong reasons" doesn't do it for me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

This reeks of "just trust me" without any reason to have earned trust. I think Murmur is refusing to justify "gut" which is a lovely reason to vote.
I am not sure what the gamble/reward would be from a scum perspective but this is easily the worst vote.

I do not see any votes that I agree with. Tommunist, Rascyc, CPig, Bowmore, and KingBurgundy offer little reasoning for their vote. I think Kashuno's vote is crap and GameroftheGame's second vote is understandable but flawed.

Are your "reasons" why he voted for me or why I asked, to me this entire rant looks like useless gibberish. You are trying to look like you are contributing more than you are.

although:

posts like this are helpful, so I think your intentions are just misplaced and not scummy.

What do you think of Podima (I note you did not acknowledge my vote)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am wondering if your intent is only to note votes on people with momentum rather than actually finding scum, you see.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm sensing some tension brewing.

Everyone take a moment to just chill out. Stretch, think about a song you like, eat a bagel.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, my vote on Podima is for a scummy post but I've also found it counterproductive to assume someone else is "deflecting" on day 1 and such. It can lead to mishangs pretty easily, not a fan of going down that route. The omission may have been innocent or it may have been because he's scum and only focusing on "town points of momentum/limelight" since scum naturally do that. I think if they were scum friends he would have mentioned my vote as something he disagreed with or agreed with. Scum get nervous about pressure on their teammates and often work in a light defense or bus, I find.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

I had overlooked it. I get your point but I see it as fluff posting and not necessarily scummy. So as much as I do not agree with your vote I do not find it "scummy".

So are you saying that you were only listing votes you found suspicious when you were going over stuff earlier?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So anyway guys, I'm the Town Catapultist. I can pick one of you and fling you at the other camp, killing both people involved. I have to do it day 1 (clearly a thinning of the herd tactic by Ecco) so let me know who you're interested in me targeting.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was thinking Madman, Podima, or Birdstrike as of now. I'm open to suggestions.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Would that I could. My role specifically prohibits that for obvious reasons.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Why is Gwyn's vote bad but not Birdstrike's?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Birdstrike what do you think about Kashuno to this point?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel you've been acting more like a snake than a reptile so far this game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote TMM

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Love this vote. It feels like a preemptive vote so you can say I'm OMGUSing you.

Alternatively it was a vote because you outed yourself as scum. Sorry you suck at this game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Because I'm curious why you included me in a list?

Because of your approach.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm a little curious about why diqnol included me in his catapult thoughts. He named me, Podima and Birdstrike as three people he is thinking about launching. Podima is who he is currently voting and Bird is one of the people who voted him last night (and he has said he thinks one of the votes on him is scum), but I'm not sure why I got included in the mix.However, I don't really know if I fully believe his claim, so I just let it go at the time. Also think it's curious that he left bowmore off his catapult list when he had earlier said that bowmore had the worst vote. While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol.[/b]

I want everyone to read this paragraph and tell me if the conclusions he draws are logically consistent or not

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Diqnol, is this an automatic kill or HP damage a la the mafia NK? And does this require the participant to be in or out of battle or is that irrelevant?

Automatic kill, battle is irrelevant

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

This post makes me realise Diqnol has been pretty quiet about lot of the content that's been going on so far.

Diqnol, I would like some Hot Takes. Specifically on Kash, Gamer and Dominoes. If you could please?

Kash scummy, Gamer inconclusive, Dominoes inconclusive. The former has done multiple things this game that have piqued my interest, the latter two haven't stood out to me whatsoever so far. I will admit I've skimmed a lot of the thread so far and have been narrowly approaching content revolving around me and the things I've said. I have some working theories.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You seem very intent on explaining why you didn't address me naming you earlier on, almost like you're very self conscious and concerned with how you come off to members of the town. I am confident that TMM is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

It definitely seems like reaching to get to the last sentence. Is that what you are referring to?

Yeah. You and Rarity both see exactly what I do, that the last sentence doesn't follow from the things he said before. It's thrown in there to call me scummy obviously but it's such an awkward jump that I feel it can't be a real and natural thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It turns out when someone's tells are outright stated it's very easy for that someone to adapt and post favorably with that in mind, strange to me

• Locked thread