Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dominoes posted:

Does anyone else think it's weird the conquering invaders are good, and the ones defending their home are evil?

no

sympathizer spotted ##vote Dominoes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Dominoes posted:

Is your avatar Geralt in a western?

pretty much tbh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

oh you should probably save me for later cuz I'm kinda rubbish at punching in mans

only sick deals

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

yeah but this is like, competitive mafia so we don't wanna waste time on lurkers!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

as a plus one or replacing someone

because replacing someone sounds

suspicious

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

secondly, I could give a gently caress less about appearing as a good townie as long as people actually play the game. I don't ever look like a good townie anyway.

:respek:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tbh you could make that assumption with everyone

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

re: FV

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tommunist posted:

i kinda feel we've passed joke phase and this is dumb

##vote bowmore

half the game hasn't even chimed in yet man

bowmore posted:

nah I just prefer games that you are not in so i'm trying to fix the problem

settle it in the ring

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kinda hosed up to decry tradition in tradgames makes you think

ps don't vote bowmore but make sure he dies in battle because rude as gently caress

that is my judgement, please follow it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

You harassed someone because of tradition, I called you, you are now having a hissy fit and lying about why you called out f_v. Got it.

Why do you think he's lying?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

He purposefully misrepresented what I said to make it look like I was not reading the thread.

Then repeated exactly what I said with different words.

how is he lying tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

fraudulent misrepresentation is a form of lying.

I see.

This is silly, kindly let it go.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##unvote I guess

This pings me real bad for some reason, I dunno. I need time to think on it, but Ridonkulous going full ham on Ixt and then letting go without ceremony after it's obvious no one is jumping in, yet spending so much time in the circlejerk.

And also never actually voting on him. It strikes me as Bad, but in the same breathe it seems like such a stupid play for scum to do immediately at game start that it seems unlikely to amount to anything and I DON'T LIKE IT I'M AMBIVALENT SEND HELP

##vote Ridonkulous the most scummy right now with this argument I guess but I dunno I really would like a ~~~second opinion~~~

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

day one still sucks

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

he's a stealth operative

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Max posted:

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

mine, mine, cuz mine

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Based on example post which has no real backing, scum in battles do hideous damage (to us) so yeah, gotta hunt scum or we'll get gibbed.

Ridonkulous posted:

I dropped it because I'm not sure it is a scum tell on Day 1. Day 3+ I would have pushed that into the ground, but more likely it was a guy arguing with me because he did not like the way I interpreted what he said.

I don't like the way he argued but I'm also not sure it makes him scum. BUT if I had just ignored him saying I was wrong then that looks suspicious, so I kept arguing when I should have just ignored him.

So you kept being stubborn and beating a dead horse because you thought it'd make you look more town?

Hmm!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The best vote is mine on Rid cuz it's mine and I actually feel more confident in it after their reply.

The worst vote is MTT's because it is trash, max. it's garbage. Sixteen hours from now it's going to be "ha ha you responded just as I thought you would it was just a test" and undo it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

Geez you guys are impatient!

In my limited number of games with TMM, my read on his meta is that when he is town, he tends to come off as more defensive and argumentative*, especially when people accuse him of being scum. When he is scum, he adapts a more polite and cooperative tone and doesn't really engage in all-out arguing with people.

I wanted to at least give TMM time to react before explaining my thought process. My thought is that a town TMM would have OMGUS'ed me 100% of the time. The fact that he ignored it and instead moved on to other cases makes me think he's trying to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to himself, which I see a scum tell.

Yeah, it's a meta case based on a small sample size, but so far it's my strongest read.

*(this isn't meant as a personal criticism as I quite enjoy playing with TMM, just me trying to find scum)

maybe you should have waited until he had more then three content posts to use this argument

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Well the logical answer would be to hit quandary :v:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

jesus christ the other thread is terrible

Merk would be a good bet cuz Merk I guess

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Actually I want 100yrs to get tossed. Sounds like a big hail mary scum gambit to not get tossed imo because he's willing

I'm not entirely sure I'd vote on him for just that, not over others anyway, but if someone has to get tossed . . .

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

it would be a lot easier to tell who you think is scum if you would vote for someone.

man my vote on you isn't leaving now

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah that vote is actually me being unsure, with the subject (at the time) rubbing me the wrong way but I wasn't one hundred percent on it and was prompting a few people to weigh in or not with their opinion on it. Just letting it go felt after being so stubborn felt super weird to me and just taking the easy way out after a failed tunneling. The vote has been solidified with later posting.

you can't both give someone poo poo for hedging and then give them poo poo for putting a vote down but with a shadow of a doubt as if everyone is going to go "yeah 100% scum right here" on every encounter, lol.

That said please explain how it's a lovely reason. Person goes ham trying to stir poo poo immediately D1 and then lets it go after it's obvious no one is going to jump in it without comment or even bringing it up again, with they themselves having a flimsy and already explained away case yet still trying to noisily push it. That is not a lovely reason imo, but the dilemma was if it was just lovely towning or trying to tunnel someone hard.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

This day sucked. I'll hopefully check in tonight after some relaxation, or tomorrow latest.

you got plenty of time til deadline man :respek:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

VivaNova posted:

I assumed scum would prefer to be in battle.

yeah scum in battle is basically another kill as far as I'm aware, granted they put themselves in danger. I don't think that's a scumtell in and of itself.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Kashuno posted:

This is a strange assumption.

not really

obv not all of them would want in but I imagine some stat allotments/maybe-the-cleric? would do better in thread then in battle, too

null tell imo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

man that's a lot of read the entire game post by post runs all in a row

alright

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure you were just jumping on her for not posting reasoning, so for you to then say this seems weird. Can you clarify?

Voting and declaring someone scum without a reason is dumb, reaction fishing at best which imo is more annoying then helpful but whatever. I found the reason itself flawed because TMM had like three of-content posts at that point. It'd be a decent angle if it was later in D1 or D2+, but it wasn't. It was early! That's silly you should sit on that sort of angle and let it grow and fester beyond two or three whole posts.

imo

Need more evidence to use a meta claim. At the very worst it's MTT backpedaling after stirring poo poo but I really doubt that, there's no point.

Rarity posted:

Please show the content from Ridonk that has solidified your read and explain why it makes you feel more confident.

alright

So we have the whole Ixl-Rid spat that was silly and Rid didn't let go for the longest time until pressured to do so, when it was obvious no one was jumping on that wagon. That could be parsed as either scum giving up on a bombastic bandwagon attempt or a townie quietly dropping something for the benefit of the game. The fact that it has never come up once again since then is making me lean towards the former, tbh. Hasn't even said a peep about them, actually. All the while the entire slapfight is weird and wasn't even diffused after several people said "Uhhh it's a reoccuring joke it's fine lol." that was ignored, infact.

weird

Now, looking into Ridonk's posting so far, there is no actual content after that! Lots of needling others, but they're just sitting around, not making a peep. No votes. (Not even on Ixt before.) Weirdly a lot of this needling is already explained stuff, so I question if they're really reading the thread much.

Ridonkulous posted:

Can you justify why you are voting for me? Because you do not like my style or do you actually think I'm scum?

Ridonkulous posted:

it would be a lot easier to tell who you think is scum if you would vote for someone.

same. However, this is to Kashuno, who is voting for Rid! With me! And this was brought up by them in the past, which means they're not really paying attention to the thread and just coasting through. Not hunting scum, certainly.

Ridonkulous posted:

Do you read "hedgy" as scummy or just unsure?

Ridonkulous posted:

I was just looking for clarification, but you have a soft trigger finger.

Ridonkulous posted:

I get it but I still think that throwing someone over just because they have posted little is not a good idea (I mentioned replacements, hoping they would post more often). Throwing over someone for being scummy is the preferred action.

Which part? The idea that he was waiting because he wanted to see the excuse OR that the excuse was what he though it was going to be?
I do not disagree that the comment was lovely but I want to hear your justification.

All no-content needling, doesn't actually follow up on any of this.

I think Ridonkulous did a big effort thing early on, realized it went bad and then tuned out. Since then they've been trying to look like they're participating with lots of needling with no follow up. They're an active poster, but not an active participant.

Who do you think is scum, Rid? Where would you put your vote and why aren't you doing it?

As a quick aside on dok;

Dok posted:

Where's Reykjavík? GMT-ish? I'm super hosed up from painkillers so I'm not adhering to the standard human daylight cycle.

Might still be relevant. :shrug: Worth keeping in mind.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

only babeliker is voting for TMM so does it matter

this is a huge distraction over stupid poo poo re:ixt-rid slapfight

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

for ease of use whenever needed, have other thread war chat

Verr posted:

here is a list of quotes from folks talking 'bout combat:

imgay: “im pretty versatile in battle, can be front or back line”
The Lord of Hats: “If you need a ranged attacker on the front lines, or someone that can really put the hurt on those melees, I'm your man.”
SirSamVines: “I too am a marksman who wishes to serve on the front line. I can take every hit they deal and strike at their back line not once, but twice! Along with some other tricks.”
fits: “furthermore, i built my character with sick snipez in mind with the specific suggestion to toss me to the wolves in battle, so i can lay the hurt on dudes”
Puntification: “I'm an effective ranged soldier for example.”
The Ninth Layer: “I'm a ranger, keep me ranged.”
Sinistral: “I'm more suited for ranged combat, I can't melee for poo poo. I also have a minor healing ability I can use every day.”
CCKeane: “I am a front row person pretty much exclusively.” “My character is the opposite of me irl, save that both of us would be bold on the front line.” “...please put me in so I can MURDER.”
AnonymousNarcotics: “I can be put anywhere in battle. I'm a very rounded person “
Spoonsy: “I would be handy towards the front”
Meinburg: “I'm best at range, but I also have some personal defensive abilities available.”
Tremendous Taste: “Put me in battle. Put me in melee.”
WeLandedOnTheMoon: “I believe myself to be equally valuable in and out of battle, but I will not delve into specifics.” “I have a repeatable day-based attack. “
tuckfard: “I'm melee and pretty decent I think.”
BottleKnight: “Im pretty versatile in battle, can be front or back line” (quoted imgay)

and I'm a front-line support dude. if there's any mistakes or i missed anyone lemme know.

fight me

continue playing mafia

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SA is a wonderful place

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Gamer,

Why would you want to catapult 100yrs but not vote him? The former guarantee's he dies and the latter just means its possible he'll get enough votes to die. I don't understand the reluctance to vote but not to catapult.

Can you explain in more detail the part that I have bolded. Why does his not mentioning it again make him more likely to be scum?

I have nothing in particular to vote 100yrs on for being scummy. But, volunteering yourself for the sacrifice vote pretty much means you won't get it and clearly you'll look like town for being such a noble, pro-town person. It'd be a good scum gambit. Taking him up on the offer might kill a scheming scum or, at the very least, apparently not down anyone particularly important. That's my thought, anyway.

As for the second, I figure that if Ridonk genuinely thought Ixt was scum for that slapfight circle jerk they would pressure them further during the day again, at all. However, Ridonk has let it go entirely. Given that the slapfight was over stupid poo poo and, more importantly, Ridonk was over-exaggerating to make Ixt look bad and outright ignoring people who explained it away. Lots of effort, then dropped without a peep. Makes it look fake, imo.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Nothing else he's done any particular scumtell imo, I don't have a case on him to spur a vote. Just a suspicion on whether the sacrifice offer is genuine.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

I'm historically really good at spotting poo poo town players, I back my read.

hey i have like a 50% success rate on bagging scum when I don't get D1 lynched

and that's pretty incredible!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

##unvote

Hm.

Ridonk still strikes me as scummy. I am suspicious of TMM's cases as they mostly bloomed out of nitpicking in a slapfight when the dude was obviously getting annoyed, been there more then once. It feels like an easy push; convince people of random BS while he's actively posting and being shady to push a case on some town. I don't have any real read on TMM either way, however. Dominoes is a non-effort lynch and I don't really care about the guy who also doesn't care. You can hit that up later or someone can use an action on him or whatever. The cases on Rarity (Viva's, etc) are pretty convincing, though. I'll saddle up with their logic for the lynch.

##vote Rarity

ps gently caress u max

Kashuno posted:

Rarity feels like scum, but not nearly on the level Dominoes does after the last few posts.

and posting in the other thread????

kashuno, my apparent thread-friend, look in your heart. What is more beneficial? Kicking out the scummy looking person putting effort in and throwing shade around or the scummy lurker who happens to post? you know the answer, friend.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

My feeling is that in the event that Rarity was scum, her scumbos would probably look for the scummiest-looking town player to use as a patsy, and I'm afraid that that's what's happening here.

I think that might have been TMM tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

which of you fuckers posted in the other thread??? you are a douche what is wrongg w/u.

you guys are bad.

ok I did my job thank you sorry for the unpleasantness.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think people have very different definitions of a lurker than I do.

Reading Dominoes, I feel that he is a good scum candidate for exactly the same reasons as Exakt, and since Exakt has zero traction

##vote dominoes

Why is a lurker vote more critical over TMM or Rarity's cases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tithin posted:

, but Dominoes posting in the other thread kinda makes me read that as scummy ("I'd rather be in my own thread with my own people")

did you even read them

they were two joke posts c'mon that's a huge stretch

• Locked thread