Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I'm gonna get right down to it, Max. I am not going to do much damage in battle; although I can take a bit of a beating. I am more of a homebody.

So more of a meat tank, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sorry, the kingdom of anime is in the other direction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sure Qal will be more than happy to bring you in to the fold.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because he probably watches Anime in his spare time, is what I am saying.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Carthago delenda est.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo for real, this is a game of mafia first and some weird soldiers game second, so yes what Kashuno said. I hate hate hate people lurking because it throws off reads and turns the midgame into a quagmire of BS.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, feel free to read the other thread and discuss it in your arguments or whatever the heck you are going to do with that information, but I am going to impose a gag-order on the other thread for myself because I know things and I don't want to point to anything in particular over there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Also, I like to hurt people Max.

You sound like an excellent soldier!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

as a plus one or replacing someone

because replacing someone sounds

suspicious

It isn't.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Your fearless leader is quietly drinking a Moscow Mule, and watching you (dinner time right now. I am browsing though.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please do not vote people based on personal feelings and nothing else.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do like I did and hit ignore on VS for now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm going to bed, please answer these questions for me to mull over and then give my opinion on later tomorrow:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

It's day one and all I can think about is battle.

I'll follow you, brother, until I have my own ideas.

##vote BabeLiker90

##vote Gwynplaine This is scummy and so is your "do we really HAVE to lynch someone" argument

Max
Nov 30, 2002

tithin posted:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING DARLINGS AND GENTLE-DARLINGS

so of the reading I've done so far, the only suspicion I've picked up so far is someone with gamer in the nameso I'd need to read again now that I'm off my phone and on a PC

So this never actually happened, fyi.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And no one listened to my request :(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on who from our thread should be catapulted, but I imagine they will all be the same. I will say nothing of who should be targeted in the other thread for painfully obvious reasons.

My personal tendency is to get rid of lurkers, but it's still quite early in day 1 right now to start poking people for that. If you're going to contribute to the thread then I'd rather not send you over the top via catapult.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on who from our thread should be catapulted, but I imagine they will all be the same. I will say nothing of who should be targeted in the other thread for painfully obvious reasons.

My personal tendency is to get rid of lurkers, but it's still quite early in day 1 right now to start poking people for that. If you're going to contribute to the thread then I'd rather not send you over the top via catapult.

This was in response to 100yrs.

But why would you volunteer to be catapulted as town?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lurkers instead of people that are posting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

This is a strange assumption.

Not really when Ecco specifically said in the giant OP that scum would want to be in battle to kill lots of townies. That's multiple possible nightkills instead of the one they get outside of battle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm also gonna ##unvote for now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Addressing Viva's question, that was something I had actually thought of as well when 100yrs volunteered to be launched. I don't see the reasoning behind it, because knowing your town and volunteering to be killed in the hopes of maybe hitting someone worth hitting in the other thread only really hamstrings us.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm traveling today - tomorrow morning, so only phone posting from me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EXAKT Science posted:

Diqnol if you can instantly kill someone in the other thread's then you should kill Quandary so we win

I'm gonna copy Quandary for a second: Please give us 3 alignment reads.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

##vote rarity and i think if rarity flips scum we found the scum team.

Please do not immediately assume this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

That said, I can appreciate going along with a popular vote. Better that than a no lynch.

This causes a disquiet in my soul.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Diqnol's thing was really fake from the get go, and I never really took it seriously. I think it was an interesting way to get people to discuss who they might want to get rid of, and got some good responses out of it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I need to get used to Gwyn apparently.

I'm having a bit of a hard time with Exakt. I can't tell their post history shows someone who is just not so great at engaging in the early stages of a large game because of the large number of players involved, or if it's Scum just coasting under the radar. Someone more familiar with Exakt can probably say.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rarity posted:

Diqnol put it out there to generate content. All the cases that have been going round on both TM and me can be traced back to that claim.

Catching that the Diqnol thing was fake is fine and dandy, but watching you throw shade on Gamer is something I have a bigger problem with, since Gamer is historically an awkward poster that draws a lot of scum heat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Likewise. Does gamer post the same way even when scum? In my own case it's often a give away if during day one no one thinks I'm posting scummy.

I haven't seen gamer as straight up scum, so I couldn't say. But myself and Rarity were both in his first few games, where he was super awkward and town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's actually why I drafted Gamer, tbh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rascyc and Dominoes need to actually say what they are good at in battle, please.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ixtlilton posted:

If I'm not on the front line then you're fuckin' up, bro.

Not sure how I feel about putting you in battle, tbh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Max

Have you been keeping track of who is good at what in battle? I remember someone saying they're wicked good in the first battle but there's a lot of stuff to read to find it

Birdstrike.

Yes, I am keeping up. I wasn't lying about being super boss at spreadsheets.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ixtlilton posted:

That's because you're bad at the game and can't read people. And therefore you're fuckin' up.

Unfortunate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

just curious is this a suspicion reason or something else?

Reading Ixt's post history leads one to not conclude much, since it's pretty thin and full of fluff (which Ixt admits), until it suddenly comes to wanting to be in battle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ridonkulous posted:

A lot of meta chat.

Max (or anyone) what do we know about scum on the front lines? I thought someone said they could only hurt people on the front line if they were on the back line but that might not be true.

I just got home from work, will comment on some other stuff over the next few hours (hopefully)

Per Ecco's notes in the first thread:

Scum with melee abilities hurt people only in their own rank. Scum with range can only hurt people in the rank directly ahead of them. So a ranged scum would not want to be in the front line.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, fyi, we're not doing lights out for D1. Not a good idea right off the bat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Phone posting - I'm going to be very busy at work all day because Mondays are garbage but should be around for deadline. I haven't yet dug into the Rarity/tmm thing since I was drunkenly running D&D last night while it was all going down, and want to reread that mess. Still would put a vote on Dok or Ridonk.

Re: combat since I see max is around and discussing - if you put me into the back row I can decimate their front line something fierce. The sooner the better.

This is an off topic sticking point for me: Decimation was an act where roman soldiers who had acted up (inciting mutiny for example) were told to form groups of 10 and decide on one person in the group to kill. Saying "I will DECIMATE them" just means you will remove 1/10 of them, which isn't super great.

Yes, this is goony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

Do you have a battle plan or is that something you'd prefer not to share with the thread?

I have an idea but I'm going to keep it close to my chest for now. I suspect there's no way around D1 being a bloodbath, but we'll see.

Or not! since people are in their full health on the first day of battle.

• Locked thread