Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hello good warriors!

I have a pretty well rounded role, so I can be useful in multiple situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

the correct solution is to just vote kashuno

This is a good post.

##vote Kash

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Keep it in your pants, it's not that difficult.

Wait, we're supposed to be wearing pants?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

How about you both get your heads out of your repeatedly stupid as gently caress meta reads on me and play mafia instead?

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

nah I just prefer games that you are not in so i'm trying to fix the problem

Man, this is kind of rude. I always think Kash is scum, but I still like playing in games with him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

I didn't mean it, I was just wondering what kind of response I would get

So what do you think of the reactions?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

people are very sensitive

also ixt and tomm soft defending him straight up

Do you think they are defending a scumbuddy? Or do you think they are trying to buddy up to Kash?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

either/or

I haven't got a read on Kash so there is no way to differentiate between the two

Fair enough. Just had to ask.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Soag posted:

gwynplay, birdstroke, just wnat you to know were all countign on you

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

He called me out because we have a long running joke that one or both of will call the other scum early in games. It's a joke no one except Ixt or I get but we start every joke phase with it when we are in games together.

Ixt thinks Kash is town because Kash didn't let an obviously fake "reaction" (ie Ixt calling me out) go past without comment. I disagree with Ixt on this point, because I think it something easy for scum to jump on too, but I understand Ixt's logic here.

Hey fv, why is it ok for Ixt to call you out because of tradition, but it's not ok for me to vote/needle Kash a bit in the early game for the same reason?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

lets be honest here he didn't exactly take it well

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I mean I thought it was obvious that my vote for Kash was a joke given the pregame chatter about me and Kash being in the same thread. Plus, you know, the fact that it was my second post in the thread and my very first vote early on D1. I don't think my first vote in any game has ever been a serious vote unless I skipped the early part of D1.

So here Kash, you can rest easy that my vote was just a joke: ##unvote

I don't actually think Kash is scum.........

.....yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! I might not be the most stubborn person in this thread!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Because Ixt and I dont turn it into game breaking tunnelling.

But you have no idea if I would tunnel on Kash at that point, so you are just making an assumption.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

fwiw I think gwyn is telling the truth about being a super soldier

Yeah, but he could still be scum. I mean even the sign up OP said that scum powers are a degree more powerful than town, so I think we have to be careful about people with strong claims.

I also agree with Max that Gwyn's vote is pretty scummy. It's really just a hop on vote and he can use bird as a shield if it goes bad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

In terms of actual game content:

I guess that's true he could be scum? Gwyn isn't really striking me as scum so far though; like most auspolers his d1 game is pretty silly but I have learned to give a couple of them the benefit of the doubt d1 (birb is not one of them).

Well, aside from his vote, I'm pretty neutral on Gwyn right now. I just wanted to make sure that people weren't turning a blind eye when it comes to thinking that strong roles aren't scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Geez you guys are impatient!

In my limited number of games with TMM, my read on his meta is that when he is town, he tends to come off as more defensive and argumentative*, especially when people accuse him of being scum. When he is scum, he adapts a more polite and cooperative tone and doesn't really engage in all-out arguing with people.

I wanted to at least give TMM time to react before explaining my thought process. My thought is that a town TMM would have OMGUS'ed me 100% of the time. The fact that he ignored it and instead moved on to other cases makes me think he's trying to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to himself, which I see a scum tell.

Yeah, it's a meta case based on a small sample size, but so far it's my strongest read.

*(this isn't meant as a personal criticism as I quite enjoy playing with TMM, just me trying to find scum)

I just wanted to take a minute to laugh at this reasoning.

First of all, I knew this was exactly what MMT was going to use as her reason for voting me which is why I didn't bother to address her. I find it hilarious because I was basically asked to play nice in the sign up thread and now that I'm playing nice you want to hang me for it.

Second, usually I get argumentative when I'm vanilla town because I have to create my own fun. I am generally more relaxed in the first couple of days when I have an actual role.

Third, why would I bother attacking a single vote on me when 13 votes are needed for a lynch? Scum like to put pressure on me because I often end up being aggressive in my defense and they use that aggression to distract town from their play. Your vote was bad, but I would have been more interested in people jumping on the vote after you. I don't know why people keep trying to perpetuate the idea that I vigorously call everyone who votes for me scum when that just isn't true at all. And it's especially true in the bigger games like this one.

I don't know if MMT is scum, but I think she is using some faulty reasoning to vote me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ridonkulous posted:

Give us a list of 1-25 from most town to most scum.

this is an awful idea

Lumpens parachute account spotted.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

That's basically my point, though. I'd expect a town TMM to case/engage me, if he indeed thinks I'm using faulty logic consistent with what scum does. Concluding "I don't know if MMT is scum" with no follow-up seems scummy to me.

TMM - Who is your biggest scum read to this point?

Apologies if I missed this but can you explain why you're more suspicious of Kash than anyone else?

But again, why should I bother to engage/case you in a 25 person game when you're the only vote on me and a few people had called it out as a bad vote? You dropped a contentless vote on me and I rarely engage those unless there's already momentum on me. Just look here is your vote and immediate follow up:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM

I have a theory.

Murmur Twin posted:

It's mostly meta and not something I want to specifically say at this point. I will definitely address it later.

To me, it was plainly obvious what you were trying to do, so why should I bother to engage with it? Frankly, it's more fun to ignore it and watch you get bothered by it. You're essentially making meta argument against someone who has admitted that he likes to play with his own meta by bringing his scum tells into his town game instead of the other way around.

As for me ending with I don't know if you're scum, it's just the truth. I think you are most likely town trying to make that play, but there is still the outside chance that you're scum and trying to get me to burn the thread down on D1. If there had been some follow up votes, I almost certainly would have had a different reaction.

I'm still working on my scum reads, I tend to work a little slower in the bigger games and don't throw my vote around as much. Right now, I'm a bit suspicious of Exakt; I don't like that she is just sniping with her few posts and I especially don't like the way she has dropped shade on me. I'm a little curious about why diqnol included me in his catapult thoughts. He named me, Podima and Birdstrike as three people he is thinking about launching. Podima is who he is currently voting and Bird is one of the people who voted him last night (and he has said he thinks one of the votes on him is scum), but I'm not sure why I got included in the mix. However, I don't really know if I fully believe his claim, so I just let it go at the time. Also think it's curious that he left bowmore off his catapult list when he had earlier said that bowmore had the worst vote. While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol.

And now it's time to go finish Life is Strange.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Love this vote. It feels like a preemptive vote so you can say I'm OMGUSing you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BabeLiker90 posted:

Alternatively it was a vote because you outed yourself as scum. Sorry you suck at this game.

Because I'm curious why you included me in a list?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I think I see what you're getting at. The final line of "While one of the votes on diqnol may be scum, I think it's more likely a scum bussing/distancing himself from diqnol" it's a weird way to conclude that analysis. The natural conclusion is "Diqnol's named targets don't match with his previously stated thoughts therefore he is scum" but what TM is doing is going off on a tangent in his conclusion.

In related things, I don't like how TM has reverted to MT's read on his town meta since she made her case. Yes, he's left her alone but he's gone after Diqnol and Exakt for targeting him, just like MT described his town meta to be.

Why is this a surprise? I am well known for going after the people targeting me when town or scum? I didn't go after MMT because I wanted to hear her reasoning for voting me which ended up being exactly what I thought it would be and while there is an outside chance she is scum, I don't think it's likely, so there is no reason to go after her. Diqnol and Ekaxt are different because Exakt has dropped shade a couple times with no explanation and diqnol named me randomly. I ignored it at first, but look at his reaction as soon as I brought it up; he immediately voted for me. It reads as incredibly defensive.

Also, your conclusion that his targets don't match his stated thoughts is completely wrong. I specifically said that he mentioned two targets that he was talking about and then me, so why are you trying to misrepresent what I said?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I don't believe this statement.

Why? You didn't think it was obvious what MMT was trying to do?

Maybe it's just because I played a game with her where we were both scum, but it was immediately obvious to me what she was trying to do and I wasn't going to bother with it. poo poo, if i was scum, I'm sure I would have jumped at it in order to try and buddy up to MMT.

BabeLiker90 posted:

You seem very intent on explaining why you didn't address me naming you earlier on, almost like you're very self conscious and concerned with how you come off to members of the town. I am confident that TMM is scum.

You're loving stupid. I didn't address it at first because I don't believe you have the power you have claimed. Here's why: In a game where HP matters and the scum NK is a 5HP attack, why would you be able to not only instantly kill someone from this thread, but also someone in the other thread? It doesn't make sense as a mechanic because you would be removing agency from the other thread. Not to mention that you can only use this ability on D1 when it would basically be a random shot in the dark. This thread shouldn't have any impact on the other thread except during the battle. What's next? Are we going to have people claiming they can cop someone in the other thread? I ended up bringing up my thoughts because I was directly responding to MMT about who I found suspicious and why.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The latter, although I must admit I don't know how much MT and TM have played together. It's not the answer I was expecting from MT and I've played with TM enough to get a pretty good overall read on him as a player.

I disagree, but I can see why someone would think otherwise.

How is it not the answer you were expecting from MMT? What answer were you expecting from her? I only had 3 or 4 posts at the time she made her vote, so what else could it be?

Again, to me, it was incredibly obvious what her reason was going to be and I wanted to see her say it. Frankly, if she had said something other than some form of "Madman is being reasonable and hasn't attacked my vote, so he's probably scum" I would be thinking that MMT is scum right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

3 or 4 posts means you hadn't produced enough content for any theory to be valid in itself so I had zero expectation and I don't see how anyone could expect that answer at the moment she put down that vote.

Ok, let's just walk through it: I am known for attacking votes against me as town, MMT comes in and puts down a contentless vote on me with "I have a theory" attached to it after I've made only 3 or 4 posts in the thread. What else could that theory be except that she is trying to test me to see if I'll attack her vote? I'd have to be literally brain dead not to see that coming.

Why would you phrase your other post as "It's not the answer I was expecting" if you had zero expectations? Stating it that way seems to imply that you had some sort of answer in mind.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Because my parents have given me lots of wine today and I'm not watching every single word I type.

I still think your stated thinking only works in hindsight, not in the moment.

Think of it this way: If you are the one known for attacking votes and you see a vote dropped on you with "I have a theory" after you've only made a few posts, what is your immediate thought? How does "this is a test" not jump immediately to the forefront of your mind?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Think of it this way: If you are the one known for attacking votes and you see a vote dropped on you with "I have a theory" after you've only made a few posts, what is your immediate thought? How does "this is a test" not jump immediately to the forefront of your mind?

More specifically: "This is a test to see if I'll attack that vote".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

hmm

##vote TMMadman

i have a thoery

Sorry, but you spelled theory wrong, therefore your vote is invalid.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I would be very willing to vote TM and I wouldn't be surprised if my vote is on him come day's end. This isn't a distracting tangent, there is content here of value.

This post is awful and I think it makes Rarity look like she doesn't actually believe in her current vote for Dominoes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

Dunno what you mean by logically consistent here but my take on that post you linked is that it's way too early in the game for someone to throw down the "bussing/distancing" himself read in a serious context.

##vote TMM

There we go, there's the truly scummy vote that always happens to me.

##vote Rascyc

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

What is scummy about it? You posted a read that presumes Diqnol's alignment.

Hi, welcome to playing Mafia. The entire game is based on presuming someones alignment. For example, I now presume you are scum.

It's scummy because it's nothing but a hop on vote from someone who has almost no content and is seemingly disengaged from the game. It feels like nothing more than a vote that you can park in order to avoid making other reads.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Thought I had done this already, but vote finder says I haven't ##vote TMM

Oh look, another content free vote. I just love being a policy vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Culling the large playing field is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I just woke up and skimmed over the latest post. I'll address some of them after breakfast, but first I wanted to respond to the above quote:

Why would you set up a large game and then immediately force someone to cull the herd on D1? Not just in your own thread, but in both of them? That doesn't even make sense to me. It completely removes agency from the other thread and that's just not a good mafia game imo. If someone from the other thread was able to kill someone in this thread outside of battle, I think I would just completely stop playing this game. It's one thing to remove agency from a thread by making someone LP/DP, it's an entirely different thing to have someone from another thread do it with an automatic kill.

This is a game where the scum NK is a 5hp attack, not a guaranteed kill. So why would someone get a power that not only immediately kills someone in our thread (regardless of their HP), but also immediately kills someone in the other thread (regardless of their HP)?

So what's the point? Given that there is someone in their thread claiming they have and used a vig skill on D1 (that may or may not kill someone depending on their HP), do you really think that there would possibly be 3 deaths on D1, plus the lynch kill? And then any possible deaths from the battle?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How is it a policy vote when you're mentioned several times that Exakt has already made posts about *you* in this game?

I added your mafia edit in bold, so let's go ahead and look at Exakt's posting about me:

EXAKT Science posted:

Ick, this is not a good post

That is in response to my post where I unvote Kash.

EXAKT Science posted:

Scummy, duh. It hedges in Kash and backs of in a way that doesn't feel town to me

That is in response to Dominoes questioning her above post.

Then finally a day and a half later, we get this:

EXAKT Science posted:

Thought I had done this already, but vote finder says I haven't ##vote TMM

Followed by this:

EXAKT Science posted:

Nah, it's not a policy vote. I think you're scum.

So tell me, do you really think that's justified vote? It sure feels like a policy vote to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I'm historically really good at spotting poo poo town players, I back my read.

Then how come you always think I'm scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I think donk and TMM are scum, MMT is town

Way to put some effort into your reads.

##vote Exakt

You've done nothing but sit on the sidelines sniping at people. I'd still move my vote back to Rascyc, but right now I'm more confident that Exakt is scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't know that at all, 100yrs. Also, there is a distinct chance that I was being tongue in cheek

Then you haven't been reading the thread because he says he can't target Quandry here:

BabeLiker90 posted:

Would that I could. My role specifically prohibits that for obvious reasons.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dominoes posted:

I think Rasc is likely scum. I'll lay a vote down once I've decided he's still the most likely, compared to a few others. He''s consistently posted commentary on not-so-relevant things.

While I think Rasc could be scum, this is a pretty bad post.

What's the reason for holding back your vote? It's not like you can't move it once you've voted.

This feels like you're trying to get others to agree with you before you actually vote. It's scummy as hell.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Dominoes has remained calm since I voted for him, even when he got tipped over into being vote leader. I'm suitably satisifed, time to put my vote where it belongs.

##vote TM

As well as all the reasons I've given up till now, notice how he's been quiet on Dominoes up till now but is now pushing him when they're in competition to be the vote leader.

Haha, yeah I knew you didn't believe in your Dominoes vote.

I called it right here:

TMMadman posted:

This post is awful and I think it makes Rarity look like she doesn't actually believe in her current vote for Dominoes.

I'm not pushing Dominoes because I'm in competition as the vote leader, I'm pushing him because his post was absolute garbage. Do you not think so?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is weird. Dominoes hasn't really remained calm, he just ain't posting

Rarity just wants an easy reason to move her vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Not that your TMM vote is weird, mind you, but the reasoning for abandoning dominoes is really lovely

Please don't make me start all out attacking you Kash. It just brings the thread down and we've been asked to avoid it.

This post is nothing but a hedge to allow yourself to vote for me later.

• Locked thread