Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just got these badboys in the recent ps+ sale. Everyone start playing them so we can talk about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i just got to the part where they introduce sphere break in ffx-2, OP.

Dang. Slow down, son.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soul Reaver posted:

I thought Final Fantasy X was awful. I've never understood why everyone likes it so much. It was filled to the brim with the "do boring, tedious and/or irrational stuff = get rewarded with the best stuff in the game" design philosophy that I abhor, and the storyline, while it had potential, ended up being horrifically hokey. The central storyline/setting is incredibly linear, while the side-stuff is painfully unfun. The combat system had very little in the way of strategy or skill involved.

I'm a horrible completionist and played that game for what feels like a million hours (it was less, thankfully), and near the end got 'rewarded' by a cinematic of the lame-rear end baby of a protagonist blubbering at the camera. Immediately after I finished the game, I played God of War and had more fun in the first 10 minutes of that then I had in the entirety of Final Fantasy X.

Final Fantasy IX was way better and seriously needs an HD remake where the slowdown isn't such a problem.

Mods?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just arrived in kilika. Sin is gonna pay!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just saw yuna send the dead in kilika...drat those were some feels.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The CGI cutscenes still look really drat good.

I thought they looked kinda bad...probably because they've been scaled up and look lovely on HD.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

3 party members that can't be changed, and they each have a set of jobs you can swap between during battle, which you have to level and mix and match passives and actives for good synergy, and it's back to ATB instead of turn based. It's awesome, and playing it after XIII it's very clearly a early version of that battle system

It's better than 13...IMO. Love jobs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really just wanted to play x2 but my gamer honour is too strong...must beat both.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

X-2 combines jobs (win) with 13's atb style (win) and costumes (win). X-2 is mega win

And it also gives me a boner.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yuna tarting it up in X-2 was the single greatest piece of character development in videogame history.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crimson Harvest posted:

I plat'd X in October but haven't started on X-2 yet.

Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

I don't remember any nude Wakka dresspheres...

Computer, is there any way to generate a nude wakka?

• Locked thread