Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

Saw video title, saw the girl say "there's a difference between true and legal lolis" closed tab. gently caress you.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

Saw video title, saw the girl say "there's a difference between true and legal lolis" closed tab. gently caress you.

Loli basically means someone who looks underage now rather than necessarily being underage.

This is anime.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm gonna have to ask you not to defend the term "Loli".

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Heck, I'll go so far as to say this is a toxic line of discussion and ask nicely to go back to discussing the anime.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Namtab's asking nicely but I'm going to insist strongly.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
How does one make those kinako sticks? I may be able to get my hands on the kinako powder next time I go to the Japanese market.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Here's Hotaru's VA (the one who was talking about the differences between lolis in that radio segment) reading English.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Here's Hotaru's VA (the one who was talking about the differences between lolis in that radio segment) reading English.

that's good. thanks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MJP posted:

How does one make those kinako sticks? I may be able to get my hands on the kinako powder next time I go to the Japanese market.

Yeah, I'm just assuming they're like churros only bite sized.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Namtab posted:

Heck, I'll go so far as to say this is a toxic line of discussion and ask nicely to go back to discussing the anime.
Karmic backlash. The universe wants you to spend less time saying the word 'baps.'

Seriously though, where the gently caress can I order this poo poo? Anything with that many preservatives in it should have no trouble surviving international shipping.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

1. If anything I don't say baps enough.

2. Subscription sites, Japanese food sites, probably amazon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://jbox.com/category/snacks-food/japanese-traditional-treats/dagashikashi01

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Neat!

Huh, there's some cute stuff on this website :)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Knorth posted:

Neat!

Huh, there's some cute stuff on this website :)

Peter payne is my friend

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sampler set 3 contains the candy tin from grave of the fireflies. You know you want some.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

this show is just a twenty two minute commercial for candy but they put cute girls in it to advertise the candy. :psyduck:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

COBRARocky posted:

they put cute girls in it to advertise the candy. :psyduck:

an unheard of advertising technique! very high level.

that pizza made me thirsty, one sec

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You see someone being so goddamned enthusiastic about a topic, after a while you start to think there might be something to it. I really should resent the fact it's a 22 minute ad, and yet here we are. The saving grace is that it's entertaining in its own right even if your brain isn't pliable consumerist mush like mine.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Most giant robot shows are technically 20-minute toy ads so we're not exactly breaking new ground here.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

Most giant robot shows are technically 20-minute toy ads so we're not exactly breaking new ground here.

The new ground is that it is a huge candy ad but it's not being paid for (or controlled) by the candy companies. Progress!

Osomatsu should truly advertise some of the best lotion brands. This one is strawberry scented and extra-slimy!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

trucutru posted:

I think it's funny that those are two of the very few examples of legit and straight product placement in Anime.

Japanese CR laws are quite weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

I think it's funny that those are two of the very few examples of legit and straight product placement in Anime.

Japanese CR laws are quite weird.

I never even thought of CC advertising Pizza Hut or whatever the brand actually was. I just saw it as a witch getting way attached to one food since she probably doesn't eat much aside from once every few decades.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Rangpur posted:

You see someone being so goddamned enthusiastic about a topic, after a while you start to think there might be something to it. I really should resent the fact it's a 22 minute ad, and yet here we are. The saving grace is that it's entertaining in its own right even if your brain isn't pliable consumerist mush like mine.

"BLLY MAYS HERE, BUY OXYCLEAN!!!"

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

"BLLY MAYS HERE, BUY OXYCLEAN!!!"

I'd pay good money for a Vince Offer anime

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It is only a matter of time before the Japanese health industry finances an anime for Kiss My rear end, a manga with cute girls about hemorrhoids and vaious hemorrhoid relief techniques.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Trihugger posted:

It is only a matter of time before the Japanese health industry finances an anime for Kiss My rear end, a manga with cute girls about hemorrhoids and vaious hemorrhoid relief techniques.

:yikes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

Trihugger posted:

That's a weird manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

I never even thought of CC advertising Pizza Hut or whatever the brand actually was. I just saw it as a witch getting way attached to one food since she probably doesn't eat much aside from once every few decades.

I think she had a little too much junk in her trunk to be constantly starving.

drat YOU, CLAMP! :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I think she had a little too much junk in her trunk to be constantly starving.

drat YOU, CLAMP! :argh:

I'm getting less at starving and more that she just doesn't eat usually and then someone introduced her to a food and she got super attached to that one food. I feel it's kind of a regular occurrence but I can't recall any other examples of someone only eating one food ever.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

trucutru posted:

But that was part of the plot of Tiger and Bunny. Sure they could've used fake brands but that would've had less impact I think.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

RareAcumen posted:

I'm getting less at starving and more that she just doesn't eat usually and then someone introduced her to a food and she got super attached to that one food. I feel it's kind of a regular occurrence but I can't recall any other examples of someone only eating one food ever.

"Hamburgers. . . Nature's blessing."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trucutru posted:

mr. stefan posted:

"Hamburgers. . . Nature's blessing."

Wait, I think I've got one now! Sonic and chili dogs! Although I'm worried if that's just the iconic food he's always shown with like Bugs Bunny and carrots.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, I think I've got one now! Sonic and chili dogs! Although I'm worried if that's just the iconic food he's always shown with like Bugs Bunny and carrots.

Is that really a necessary distinction?

There are characters associated with specific foods all over the place in anime.

Blondie with inarizushi in majikoi
Main girl with mame daifuku in nagasarete airantou.
Shinobu with blood doughnuts in monogatari.

They all check the same box, as far as I'm concerned.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've got that chilli dog feeling again - Sonic (1992)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RatHat posted:

But that was part of the plot of Tiger and Bunny. Sure they could've used fake brands but that would've had less impact I think.

Ikari Shinji uses nothing but Zoloft.

Talk to your doctor about Zoloft, just don't mention her mother.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

Is that really a necessary distinction?

There are characters associated with specific foods all over the place in anime.

Blondie with inarizushi in majikoi
Main girl with mame daifuku in nagasarete airantou.
Shinobu with blood doughnuts in monogatari.

They all check the same box, as far as I'm concerned.

Just for me since I was trying to remember this specific thing and not just y'know, the Jerry and cheese from Tom & Jerry. I'm kinda pedantic about things some times. :v: I'm basically trying to remember some examples of a character only ever eating one food exclusively y'know?

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

RareAcumen posted:

Just for me since I was trying to remember this specific thing and not just y'know, the Jerry and cheese from Tom & Jerry. I'm kinda pedantic about things some times. :v: I'm basically trying to remember some examples of a character only ever eating one food exclusively y'know?

Popeye and spinach.
The Dagwood Sandwich.
Garfield and lasagna.
Homer and beer (specifically Duff).

buzmeg fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 30, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

buzmeg posted:

Popeye and spinach.
The Dagwood Sandwich.
Garfield and lasagna.
Homer and beer (specifically Duff).

The only other one I can think of is Wimpy(from Popeye) and Hamburgers.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I didn't really like pizza as a kid, but ate it anyway because the Ninja Turtles liked pizza. I mean, they were teenagers. How cool is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Namtab posted:

Because k-on is better than imas

you die first

• Locked thread