Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm a knife

knifing around

cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Trig Discipline posted:

uh excuse me, but white males need something to stab minorities and unaccompanied women with

*points to dilz*

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Jonny 290 posted:

Lies and propaganda. This was solved via

this looks like it would be pretty good to slice up someones belly with

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wait this thread isn't about rear end play?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

all threads are, eventually

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

suffix posted:

this looks like it would be pretty good to slice up someones belly with
that's why i keep one in a scabbard underneath my tactical work polo

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

that's why i keep one in a scabbard underneath my tactical work polo

bump_fn posted:

Trig Discipline posted:

all threads are, eventually

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

dued tried to put his cock in my rear end the other day. he didn't succeed however

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
knives are good, useful, and cool

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

echinopsis posted:

dued tried to put his cock in my rear end the other day. he didn't succeed however

shame, you missed out on the good stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

shame, you missed out on the good stuff

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Reminder: Sagebrush's Law

quote:

... 3.1(i) Any person legally possessing firearm(s), including handguns, rifles, shotguns, and other devices defined as such in §3.3(i), shall be granted the freedom to carry said firearm(s) in public spaces only if the weapon(s) are prominently displayed, in a manner consistent with definitions in §3.3(ii); and if each carried firearm is accompanied by no less than three (3) pieces of approved cowboy-style apparel, including bandanas, ten-gallon hats, leather chaps, checkered shirts, lariats, hand-tooled leather boots incorporating spurs, and other accessories as defined in §3.3(iv) (...) the three (3) item figure shall apply to each carried firearm individually, thus a person carrying two (2) firearms in a legal manner must wear six (6) pieces of cowboy apparel, &c (...) an exception may be made for one (1) piece of apparel for each firearm carried that is a nickel-plated revolver worn low on the hip in the style of an old-west "gunslinger" ...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Celexi posted:

weapons do have some use if you are a minority or a woman that has to walk around alone at night, not so much for white males

DO NOT use a knife for self-defense. Use a gun, or run the gently caress away.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

i'm the it worker that takes a gun to work

no I am.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah i take a gun to work, heh, a nerf gun. from my cold doughy hands :smuggo:

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

"This is a gun free Zone. Gun control is important and works." - A person hiding under a desk when their ex coworker walks in with an AR-15.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Reminder: Sagebrush's Law

you kid but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_action_shooting#Competition

Competitors are required to wear an Old West or Victorian era style outfit and apparel. One exception to this is that safety glasses and hearing protection must be worn when shooting. Depending on the standards of the sanctioning organization, clothing may be historically accurate for the late 19th century or may just be suggestive of the Old West. Some groups allow for costume similar to that worn by characters in a western B-movie, such as Hopalong Cassidy or a television series like Gunsmoke.[1] In SASS-sponsored Wild Bunch shooting, the required dress is military clothing of the early 20th century, Western clothing typical of that time (such as that worn in the film The Wild Bunch) or Mexican period dress.[8]

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

computer toucher posted:

"This is a gun free Zone. Gun control is important and works." - A person hiding under a desk when their ex coworker walks in with an AR-15.

*posts about need for gun control one week, then absurdity of active shooter training saying throw a stapler the next*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

you kid but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_action_shooting#Competition

Competitors are required to wear an Old West or Victorian era style outfit and apparel. One exception to this is that safety glasses and hearing protection must be worn when shooting. Depending on the standards of the sanctioning organization, clothing may be historically accurate for the late 19th century or may just be suggestive of the Old West. Some groups allow for costume similar to that worn by characters in a western B-movie, such as Hopalong Cassidy or a television series like Gunsmoke.[1] In SASS-sponsored Wild Bunch shooting, the required dress is military clothing of the early 20th century, Western clothing typical of that time (such as that worn in the film The Wild Bunch) or Mexican period dress.[8]

I used to do this in high school. It's pretty fun!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer toucher posted:

just because i don't have a gun doesn't mean im unarmed. i have an array of deadly shuriken in my bottom drawer; and if you think that's a sharpie in my shirt pocket? think again. i can kill you loving instantly with my kubotan. don't doubt my training. i know 2 things: javascript and killing.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Smythe posted:

just because i don't have a gun doesn't mean im unarmed. i have an array of deadly shuriken in my bottom drawer; and if you think that's a sharpie in my shirt pocket? think again. i can kill you loving instantly with my kubotan. don't doubt my training. i know 2 things: javascript and killing.

"Hah! You can point that gun at me all you want but I'm not scared bec*BAM*

nah but srsly carrying a gun everywhere is weird unless you end up in a situation where you would need a gun and you don't have one. Then you die and don't need to worry about it anymore. with any luck your loved ones will die too so nobody gets sad.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

to paraphrase ; I "get" carrying a gun but I don't' get not treating it like a shameful secret. esp posting about it on god drat reddit.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

if you realistically expect to need a firearm you should be wearing a vest

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

guns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i remember when i was a boy scout we went to a shooting range a few times cause that's a thing boy scouts do, and once there was a guy there (ex cop i think, or army) who gave us a run down of all the guns and what they were good for

one scout asked him what gun you should take into the woods if you were worried about bears, and i very clearly remember him saying "a .44 magnum. it's the only thing that has the hydrostatic shock to bring down a bear in one shot."

ok that's my gun story

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if i lived in a rural area, i would buy myself a nice .30-30 lever action carbine like my grandpa had for hunting deer. that's a nice gun.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
pro tip: dont go into woods where bears roam. its what ive been doing and ive been attacked by 0 bears

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

if i lived in a rural area, i would buy myself a nice .30-30 lever action carbine like my grandpa had for hunting deer. that's a nice gun.

if i was ever gonna own a gun it'd prolly be an SKS or an M14 but guns are expensive and i dont need one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wild EEPROM posted:

knives are good, useful, and cool
                                 /
                                /

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

computer toucher posted:

"Hah! You can point that gun at me all you want but I'm not scared bec*BAM*

nah but srsly carrying a gun everywhere is weird unless you end up in a situation where you would need a gun and you don't have one. Then you die and don't need to worry about it anymore. with any luck your loved ones will die too so nobody gets sad.

oh word? thanks for the realtalk bruv. T-Up!

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
we gotta pop pest animals at the farm & it doesn't feel great

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was visiting my grandma once and she bragged to me about how that morning she had bullseyed a groundhog eighty yards away with her .22, right through the heart. "at first i thought i'd missed him, because he didn't even move, but then whump! fell right over. oh i was puffed up about that one, yes indeed"

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
that's an ice cold grandma

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i was visiting my grandma once and she bragged to me about how that morning she had bullseyed a groundhog eighty yards away with her .22, right through the heart. "at first i thought i'd missed him, because he didn't even move, but then whump! fell right over. oh i was puffed up about that one, yes indeed"

good shot grandma

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

she's a baller. split her own firewood until she turned 75 and we convinced her to stop. even now she says she only lets the boy down the road do it because he needs the work

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

she's a baller. split her own firewood until she turned 75 and we convinced her to stop. even now she says she only lets the boy down the road do it because he needs the work

good on ya, grammy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

has she ever killed a man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

seems likely

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

guns for show, knives for a pro