Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Now you've got me wondering what uniquely Australian plants could be used for making hooch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I love this thread.

I can't wait for the "Isaac makes his own benzos" sequel.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I got to use the famed green whistle today. It tastes like nail polish remover smells and I can still smell it on myself.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Whats the green whistle

This thing.

http://www.techly.com.au/2015/05/16/green-whistle-receives-green-light-sell-europe/

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Ive never hearf of such a thing thats interesting. Does it make you feel good or does it just do what its sposed to.

It's weird.

It works really fast and reduces the pain but it's more like a dissociative than an analgesic. Doesn't make you high so much as detached.

Apparently ambos are only given two for the shift so if they use them both then they have to give either nasal fentanyl or IV morphine. They gave me a choice of the Penthrox or morphine, which I thought was kind of weird. Guess I mustn't look like a drug seeker.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I wonder if you could get hosed up huffing undiluted moonshine.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Metho is 5% methanol and 95% ethanol.

From memory, one of the reasons for adding the methanol is to avoid it being taxed as alcohol.

When I was younger there were stories of metho being sold chilled in some places. Never found out whether that's an urban legend or not.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 16, 2016

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Word is they just put a bittering agent or something in it now.

Some do and some don't. There's a thread on Whirlpool about which metho is "safe" to distil and which still contains methanol.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Nonviolent J posted:

I want to brew Vodka and Corona

Wanting to brew Corona is like wanting to brew Fosters. A shameful admission.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Hundreds of hours of experimentation and ive done it. Ive replicated Tooheys New

Don't tell Tooheys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Fruit liquor is high in methanol but i do not understand how you can have enough of it to kill someone. Surely its lead and not methanol.

He had bought methanol to use as weed killer. They think he accidentally used that to make his brew.

quote:

It is unclear whether Lynam accidently mixed industrial methanol to make the grappa, or the men had inadvertently picked up a bottle of methanol when drinking at a donga on the property.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-08/concern-lethal-batch-of-grappa-not-diluted-lynam/7493498

quote:

The court heard the effects of methanol poisoning take between six and 30 hours to appear after ingestion.

It becomes toxic when it is mixed with chemicals in the stomach as the body tries to process it.

Methanol is potentially lethal if someone has 230mg/L of it in their blood.

The court heard that Mr Wilmot had 1800mg/L of methanol in his blood.

Mr Meredith said Lynam bought methanol to use as industrial weed killer and confused it with ethanol when the home brew was made.

Photos were tendered as evidence showing none of the containers or bottles of liquids at Lynam's house were labelled.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/grappa-poison-william-lynam-manslaughter/7481066

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 14, 2016

• Locked thread