Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necros
Jul 23, 2003

now i kinda wanna get my still out of the shed and start spring off with some moonshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Isaac posted:

i think you should.

re nettle vodka. next spring im gonna make nettle beer cause i think thatll be nicer than in spirit form

i think im gonna do it. first i need to buy $30 worth of poo poo and let it ferment for a month.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

the yeast i get is like $10 by itself then the rest is sugar and stuff. i can use it after a week but i like to let the alcohol % rise a little higher. i get more moonshine that way.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i dunno my friend who lives with me is the mastermind behind the technical stuff. i make about 6 gallons of wash and we run it through a reflux still to get regular old white lightning. never had a problem with it having a bad taste using this still. ill ask him tomorrow why he lets it go so long.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

eat bananas too. if i dont keep enough potassium in my body i get bad charlie horses when im tryin to go to sleep!

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

make sure to brush your teeth after vomiting

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Crack posted:

what would be perfect would be a friend with a still

yeah. mine spent like $500 on his. i think its the one they use on the space station.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ChairmanMeow posted:

nooooooo only rinse with mouthwash. if you brush you are rubbing stomach acid into your teeth. wait a bit. rinse a lot.

drat. can i just keep drinking vodka then? alcohol is the important part in mouthwash right?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Isaac posted:

Necros please keep me updated i wanna know

ive been living in a haze since st patricks day. ill go take some pics of the still or something at least later today.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Isaac posted:

Let me call up your friend and give him a peice of my mind. It shouldnt take this long.

i havent bought the stuff for the mash yet or anything. in my weakness i spent my money on already fermented alcohols.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Isaac posted:

If its the first run just do a TPW wash. It cant be hosed up (youll gently caress up heaps). Then you can make serious booze when you got a handle on things.

TPW will ferment in a week and cost $10

ive never tried with tomato paste but im gonna try and give it a shot just because its so cheap. i have a feeling hes gonna wanna do it his way tho. ;/ the other person that lives w/ us has been having us do weird poo poo like cream soda which i guess she found online in some flavored moonshine recipe. its just a waste of money because none of the flavor comes through with the still we use.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ok im back isaac. im remodeling part of my house and also playing a lot of this war of mine so im sorry for the delay 'mate'. i took a picture of the still while i was in the shed getting some screws. the still and the shed really need to be cleaned.

after talking it out with my friends we're either gonna use just sugar like i want or soda and sugar. i couldnt talk them into the tomato paste so if were gonna use soda im gonna make sure its mountain dew and goon it up. we need 9000g of sugar with the yeast we use so i'm gonna make a trip to bjs sometime soon. after it ferments for 10 days well check the alc% and see what we have.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

haha i just noticed we have the exact same still. he got it from new zealand so i guess it makes sense. he put some valves and poo poo in ours to let you adjust the water/temperature to the condenser and reflux condenser independently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

yeah we try to get that poo poo as close to 180 proof as possible without spending too much. usually get about a gallon and we might take a couple pints of it and mix it with appples or peaches or whatever and a cinnamon stick and just drink the rest straight. we had his dude we were letting sleep on the couch and he would loving drink our shine in the middle of the night. NEVER AGAIN.

• Locked thread