Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lunar Suite posted:

Do they still have that double standard where you can have a lesbian marriage friendship ceremony playing as a girl with a bachelorette, but still no gay marriage?

No game other than DS Cute (really, DS For Girl as it was 80% dummied out of the English version) has had that option directly.

I believe in this game there's a point where you can change your model and sprite to the opposite gender's while retaining your original PC's marriage candidates, like how A New Beginning and Story of Seasons allows you to freely crossdress.

But otherwise, no marriage equality in Harvest Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm going to go with Dolce, because she's who I would've gone after if I hadn't made the mistake of playing as a girl in my own game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zagglezig posted:

So is Leon the main source for better magic?

Also never really thought about it before now, does the Rune Factory series not have people that un-wooed bachelors/bachelorettes will get together with? Since it's more plot driven and less about life on a farm I can see why, I'm just so used to that being the case from Harvest Moon it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't happen here.

Only some Harvest Moons do this, unfortunately. :( They haven't since Animal Parade in the Wii, I think.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Art is loyal to his lady and her creepy stalker ghost.

...not just because the other RF4 LP looks like it's going to go after Forte and she's the only other bachelorette I kind of like. The dating prospects of this game are not great.

• Locked thread