Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...
EDIT 01-25-2016 @ 17:40 - Entry points for *hax2.5 have been updated, but 10.4 is still not able to be downgraded. Also still advised to not upgrade Emunand until more information on the update is discovered.

What is homebrew? On a console there is security setup so that only content created and signed by the manufacturer is allowed to be run. With homebrew hacks you are able to exploit the operating system or console itself to break the intended security and allow the ability to run almost anything depending on the exploit utilized. This is a catch-all thread for all things related to the later Nintendo systems involving homebrew. (3DS, Wii, and Wii U, but you knew that already!)

What does this give me?
Well that depends on the system and the firmware version of it. It should be noted DOING ANY OF THESE MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR SYSTEM WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. NINTENDO HAS BEEN KNOWN TO REFUSE TO SERVICE CONSOLES BECAUSE THEY FOUND HOMEBREW CHANNEL ON WIIs. The following is a breakdown of each system:

Wii
Any version of the Wii operating system is exploitable. This provides a plethora of applications and hacks to improve the system from emulation, DVD playback to loading both Wii and Gamecube games off of SD cards or USB hard drives.

Wii U
Only systems up to 5.3.2 are exploitable through the built-in web browser. No real reason to provide a breakdown of what is provided, as the only homebrew that exists on Wii U is a SD card ISO loader. The Wii mode (named vWii) is exploitable and provides similar benefits to Wii homebrew on any OS version of Wii U.

Old 3DS/Nu 3DS
Firmware versions 9.2 and below
  • Ability to run unsigned content at kernel level
  • Ability to install unsigned packages to the system
  • Region free loading
  • Game patching (translations, game enhancements, save editors, etc)
  • Game backup and decryption
  • Complete control of system
Firmware versions >9.2 through 10.3.0
  • Access to "hax" and homebrew channel
  • Userland unsigned application execution
  • Region free loading with legitimate cartridges
  • Game patching with legitimate software
  • Only control of some syscalls, does not give kernel-level access to the system

With an overview of the various systems let's break down some common terminology, what is needed, how to prepare and how to configure your systems.

Universal Terminology

System NAND/SYSNAND and Emulated NAND/EMUNAND: All three systems' operating system software resides on a chip called NAND memory. There are methods on 3DS and Wii to setup what is known as EMUNAND to provide a kind of playground to use exploits while not modifying the actual system on the console. EmuNAND resides on your SD Card, and does not touch your SYSNAND. This provides both great protection against completely bricking your console. Another benefit is being able to boot into higher firmware revisions than your console runs on to launch newer games and enjoy the other fringe benefits of the higher system version.

IOS/IOSu/cIOS Specific to Wii and Wii U. These are the packages within NAND that make up the underlying operating system of the console. These packages vary on function from providing the menu that is presented to you to hardware drivers and other various functions within the console. cIOS are a custom IOS hacked to provide homebrew capability within a system.

Hacking your system

Wii

While there are many ways to hack the Wii this post is to provide a general method for all systems (minus the Wii Mini) that allows setup regardless of underlying version. Rather than type up a million, billion pages (literally, there's tons of hacks and stuff for Wii) it's best to just use ModMii which gets everything prepared and even provides a custom-tailored guide on how to setup your system at https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Please note the actual ModMii website is completely gone however a mirror is located at http://www.modmii.comuf.com/.

Once you have ModMii installed press "W" and follow the steps. Once it downloads everything a custom guide to getting your Wii hacked is presented and follow it. Questions? That's what this thread is for. It's extremely easy to get setup.

Wii U

For IOSu exploitation at the time of writing there is no exploit available. For systems on 3.5.3 and below however there is an exploit that can be done via the web browser which allows the loading of Loadiine and Saviine. Loadiine is a SD card :filez: launcher that allows you to run games from the SD card on your Wii U. Saviine is a save game dumper. More information can be found at https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

vWii much like Wii can be completely hacked. There are however limitations to what can be used and how to hack the system. To hack the system you need an exploitable game listed here. A very simple guide to follow can be found on gbatemp https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/. To reduce the risk of potentially bricking Wii mode on your system DO NOT INSTALL ANY .WAD FILES TO YOUR SYSTEM! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

3DS

Now this is where things get interesting. As it has been out forever there are loads of different methods to exploit the system however major milestones stop at various firmware revisions. At the time of writing these major firmware revisions are 4.5, 9.2 and 10.3. Before going into the various downgrade processes and everything let's break down some terminology and also what popular hacks exist within the system.

Terminology
  • O3DS/Nu3DS - Console type. There are two major revisions of the 3DS hardware in terms of system firmware. The 2DS, 3DS and 3DSXL are referred to as O3DS and the "New" 3DS/"New" 3DS XL are referred to as Nu3DS to differentiate.
  • CTR Titles - CTR is the code name for the original 3DS. This is just applications within the system
  • Titles - These are applications installed onto the system/emu nand that are not installed from the system firmware
  • Xorpad - These are used to decrypt titles to present the actual content of a game to be edited on a computer/re-encrypted/whatever you want to do with the content
  • NAND dumping - Backing up the system data on your 3DS. Doing this is always recommended as in the event that you completely destroy your 3DS or want to revert to a previous version you can do so via soldering a sd card to the system and plugging it into your PC.
  • AGB_FIRM - A built in specialized firmware for the 3DS that is used to launch 3DS GBA Ambassador titles. Compatibility is not 100% and it's not recommended to wast your time on it
  • CIA packages/compatibility - CIA packages are basically windows installers to the 3ds. Once you install a CIA it resides within the system
  • ARM9/ARM11 - There are 2 CPUs within the 3DS. The ARM9 cpu runs the underlying kernel and the ARM11 runs the userland of the 3DS. Without going into great detail you need ARM9 access to be able to have full control of the system.
  • MSET - The setup utility within 3DS

Homebrew Launcher - Like on Wii there is a central application which can be used to launch unlicensed content on the 3DS. These applications provide various functions such as emulation, region free launching and various utilities written for the 3DS.

*hax - Various exploits that can be utilized to hijack the operating system to run homebrew launcher within the ARM11 userland. See https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits for an overview of the available hax.

Gateway - A cartridge much like the ones vastly popular on DS. It is kind of a compilation of various hacks that exist within the community into one easier to use system. You can drop .3ds titles into the sd card and they show up on a rom list, setup EMUNAND, load homebrew launcher as well as setup your system to have the ability to install unsigned CIA packages which are those packages you see on your home screen should you buy something from the eShop.

Sky3ds - All you want is to :filez: games and not deal with any of the hacking nonsense? This cartridge allows you to load 10 games onto it and switch between them by pressing a button. No system modifications are needed and it's strictly for piracy.

CFW - Custom Firmware. There are tons of these and they all provide various benefits. Rather than break down every single one an overview of them can be read at http://hackinformer.com/2015/07/03/beginners-guide-cfw-3ds/. It should be noted that most anyone will want to use rxTools if you are going the CFW route as the others aren't kept as updated and some are abandoned.

Breaking into the 3DS

Good lord this thread is getting long.

So with all of that out of the way before continuing with hacks it's best to find your approach based off your system and system version. Before that though, a note:

Your fortune cookie for downgrading a 3DS: If at first you don't succeed with sysupgrader's downgrade, try, reboot, try, reboot, and try again. Also once more for posterity.

Original 3DS and 3DS XL

These systems have been around since extremely low system revisions of the console. By checking your system version you can do the following:
  • 4.5 AND BELOW WITH GATEWAY - if you have a Gateway this is the OS you want to stay on. Just set it up with the instructions here. NOTE: once you use the blue card to setup your profile exploit you're good to go UNLESS YOU RUN A DS GAME. Doing this clears out the exploit and requires re-patching to function. Do note however on 4.5 the encryption keys for saving are now null so if you play a game that required 9.2 or above firmware to function saves made via this system will not work on any legitimate console. This includes cartridges.
  • 4.5-9.2 WITHOUT GATEWAY - This is going to be a majority of users. A handy guide to getting setup can be found at https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
  • 9.3-10.3.0 - You have to downgrade. See http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

2DS

While similar to the 3DS the 2DS launched much later in the system life. Because of this older firmware will not support the 2DS and you should not try downgrading to it as you will brick your system.

New 3DS/XL

Cool I'm hacked or only have homebrew channel/launcher what the gently caress can I do now?

Congrats! Welcome to the dark side. The 3DS thread now hates your guts. Each system provides different homebrew and :filez: capabilities.

Wii/vWii

Note that not all WADs (installation packages) are compatible with vWii mode. If you are wanting to install one you should check to make sure what you want to do is not going to brick your system. Any application launched from Homebrew Channel should be brick-safe on vWii mode. A break down of all available applications/games/emulators/etc can be found here.

Some other things not listed is Gamecube loader support. On a Wii you can setup DIOS MIOS with a comprehensive post here. DIOS MIOS is a replacement of the built-in Gamecube mode that adds functionality to it.

On vWii you can setup Gamecube loader support via Nintendont. I'm sure you're going "BUT HOW WILL I USE A CONTROLLER WITH THIS?!" well Nintendont supports USB HID controllers. Lots of them. Including the Gamecube adapter. Information on Nintendont along with a guide can be found here. Nintendont also works on a Wii which can be nice if you don't care about native support such as using GBA link cables, bongos, real memory cards, etc.

3DS

3DS is still quite a new system in regards to homebrew. Unlike Wii/vWii homebrew is split into two groups - userland and kernel. The easiest way to figure out "can I run <insert homebrew>" is to see what the file package is. If the file ends in .3dsx that means it is a userland application and can be launched from the Homebrew Launcher. If the file ends in .cia that means it is kernel level and requires a fully hacked 3DS to utilize. A list of available homebrew can be found here. "NH2" means NinjaHax2 so if there is a checkbox that means the application will work without a fully hacked system so long as the system is 9.x or above.

NerdsMcGee fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so, important question here, can i homebrew or hack my step counter or gametime so that i can still secretly annoy the other thread?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New to homebrew on my 3DS, but I gotta say playing SNES games on it is pretty loving great.

Thanks for the thread, but is it really needed? I mean we already have the 3DS thread for homebrew discussion. :v:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Ernie. posted:

so, important question here, can i homebrew or hack my step counter or gametime so that i can still secretly annoy the other thread?

YES YOU CAN! (works with *hax as well)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-for-anyone-who-walks-a-lot.395152/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

New to homebrew on my 3DS, but I gotta say playing SNES games on it is pretty loving great.

Thanks for the thread, but is it really needed? I mean we already have the 3DS thread for homebrew discussion. :v:

Some people in the other thread got really whiny when people started talking about homebrew there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Andrast posted:

Some people in the other thread got really whiny when people started talking about homebrew there.

:thejoke:

The OP should probably not mention anything about :filez: unless you want this thread closed and to get a ban, NerdsMcGee.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nintendo fan boys are whiny babies? What a surprise!!

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
I thought it would be okay without direct links to anything?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I genuinely don't know what the policy is for things like emulation threads, but I'm looking into it. Piracy discussion hasn't been a big issue in Games for a while, so it's never come up for me before.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I meant the stuff like sky3DS/running backups on kernel hax, rather than emulator discussion. :v:

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I meant the stuff like sky3DS/running backups on kernel hax, rather than emulator discussion. :v:

I've taken it out for now, pending more info.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Basically just don't link to game downloads and it'll be okay.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Basically just don't link to game downloads and it'll be okay.

Noted. Original post is back up.

Has anyone tried the PS1 emulator for N3DS? I managed to get Auto Destruct running at around 35-40fps, but I would imagine less intensive 3D games (read RPGs) would be near 60fps.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The link in the OP for downgrading FW on a Nu3DS says it's not recommended due to the chance of bricking. Is that just outdated? I thought I heard it was safe to do now.

Also Nintendont is the coolest thing and a must for anyone with a Wii U or a later Wii.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I have an EmuNAND running 9.5 on my N3DS, fully CFW and forevereal hackerised. It was super complex and sometimes infuriating but it's worthwhile to be able to screw around and no matter how badly I gently caress up I can always just reset the whole thing from a .bin file and start again.

Of course with all this power at my fingertips all I do is play SNES games and JPN rhythm games. I may screw around with the PS1 emulator but it's hard to see it ever running any of the really good PS1 games for a long while yet.

SeANMcBAY posted:

The link in the OP for downgrading FW on a Nu3DS says it's not recommended due to the chance of bricking. Is that just outdated? I thought I heard it was safe to do now.
You need to be 100% sure you have the correct firmware for your region and type of DS.

Also downgrading is a loving bitch where the downgrader will fail many, many, many times before finally randomly working. Once you've downgraded though the hardest part is over, and the rest is just time and being careful.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

While I personally have performed 2 Nu3DS downgrades, it was certainly a nail biting and annoying experience because of the number of reboots involved in getting sysUpdater to load properly. Also, sysupdater is supposedly going to be forked / made a hair safer. For those who would like to press the envelope, sure go ahead. Just be warned that you can softbrick (more likely) requiring an update to 10.3 and downgrade from there, or even a hardbrick (unlikely, but RIP because you aren't recovering that console).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Also Nintendont is the coolest thing and a must for anyone with a Wii U or a later Wii.

It's a really low chance (as long as you do it properly) with the latest sysupdater.

I downgraded my n3DS (and installed CFW) earlier today and it went really smoothly.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's pretty safe. Just downgraded my n3DS yesterday. There were a lot of bricks with the very first version of sysUpdater released last week, but the later ones change up the way they install the downgraded firmware (9.2) that makes it incredibly safe. Even if the installation fails you can always press L+R+A+Up and boot into recovery mode, which lets you reinstall the latest firmware (currently 10.3). If anything I'd strongly advise downgrading today, because tomorrow Nintendo is releasing a new firmware version that will likely render most current homebrew *hax incompatible.

But I've downgraded my o3DS twice and n3DS once and it worked on the first try both times. Downgrading was a super simple process. Setting up a custom firmware, not so much! But not I can run all my fire emblem romhacks at full speed rather than the ~8 FPS I got in userland, so I'm happy.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Thanks for the thread, I don't read the 3ds thread and didn't know they had broken it yet or how to, so the op is a great help. I did get to read some of the great drama from the last few pages though.

I'm not sure why the regular 3ds thread is so pissy about piracy, it's always been fine to talk about that poo poo on SA so long as you aren't linking to roms/bios/etc. or posting smugly about your "legal copy" of anime titty brawler 2.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
I saw someone mention online that the RetroArch Virtual Boy emulator runs at almost full speed with 3D, which sounds loving incredible. From what I can gather though it's only working on the N3DS? In any case I though I read somewhere that there is a way to speed up the O3DS to get the PS1 and Virtual Boy emulators to run a little bit faster, but I can't find any guides on that.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The rumour I've heard is Nintendo are pushing hard for a new firmware next server downtime (tomorrow apparently?) that will close exploit holes and prevent downgrading.

If you want to do real homebrew stuff get to 9.2 ASAP because as mentioned, failing the downgrading process can sometimes softbrick, forcing you to update to the latest firmware. Right now that's 10.3, but real soon it will be newer which will be un-downgrade-able.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Belle Isle Tech posted:

I saw someone mention online that the RetroArch Virtual Boy emulator runs at almost full speed with 3D, which sounds loving incredible. From what I can gather though it's only working on the N3DS? In any case I though I read somewhere that there is a way to speed up the O3DS to get the PS1 and Virtual Boy emulators to run a little bit faster, but I can't find any guides on that.

You aren't going to get good PSX emulator performance out of O3DS, even with kernel access.

Currently PSX emulation is pretty crappy even on a N3DS since the emulators are in such early stages. The performance will get a lot better over time but the O3DS is probably too weak to ever get satisfactory PSX emulation.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

Belle Isle Tech posted:

Don't quote me, but I believe VirtualBoy on O3DS should be okay, not so much for PS1. You'll want to use the latest RetroArch CIAs to install the emulator of your choice, which will allow the emulators to have as much access as possible (CFW required).

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Didn't see this anywhere, is there any risk of using any Nintendo features with my regular account, or will that get it banned?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The Sky3DS has been supplanted by the Sky3DS+, which features two buttons to cycle through games, updatable firmware (if Nintendo ever starts trying to patch the flaws Sky3DS+ uses), and easier drag&drop usability.

Considering all the people who really wanted kernel access to install unsigned programs so they "don't have to carry my 20 carts everywhere and switch them all the time, i swear, it's just for backups of my own games man", i think it's fair to say that the Sky3DS is an actual good solution for something like this. Dump your own games with the current homebrew capabilities, load them all onto a single cart, never change it (and keep your cart slot filled).

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Migishu posted:

Didn't see this anywhere, is there any risk of using any Nintendo features with my regular account, or will that get it banned?

None whatsoever. I know of one person who had their NNID banned and that's cuz he was hacking the eshop. Not messing around enabling eshop access on 9.5, or spoofing firmware to enable purchasing and redownloading, but actually hacking it.

And he was unbanned in short order too.

Also if I understand correctly the problem with downgrading on a new firmware is just accessing the homebrew menu, which will require new exploits. So if you have ironfall or cubic ninja or OOT you'll be fine when the payloads are updated.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Also if I understand correctly the problem with downgrading on a new firmware is just accessing the homebrew menu, which will require new exploits. So if you have ironfall or cubic ninja or OOT you'll be fine when the payloads are updated.

The new firmware will also most likely patch the vulnerabilities that allow for downgrading currently.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so every time i'm in emunand and exit the settings it boots me back to sysnand. what did i do wrong? everything else works fine (fbi injection/eshop etc.)

also what all should i know/keep in mind for when nintendo release an update?
don't update emunand until it's deemed safe?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ernie. posted:

so every time i'm in emunand and exit the settings it boots me back to sysnand. what did i do wrong? everything else works fine (fbi injection/eshop etc.)

Exiting the system settings basically reboots the system. If you haven't setup your system so that it automatically boots to emunand (which you probably should do), it will go to sysnand after you exit the settings.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 10, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Ernie. posted:

also what all should i know/keep in mind for when nintendo release an update?
don't update emunand until it's deemed safe?

That's totally normal. I advise setting up CTRBootManager (a menu screen that lets you select what you want to boot into, rxTools or the homebrew menu) with Menuhax Type 2 so that you automatically boot to emuNAND unless you hold a certain button/button combination on startup.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

thanks to you both! i did exactly that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Homebrew is awesome bvecause you can play out of region games.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for making the thread, I have added it to my bookmarks. My 3DS arrives tomorrow and I am eager to and also dreading messing around with it. One of my favorite features of running CFW on PSP was overclocking, is that even a thing you can do on systems with flash carts/storage? I'll probably look into doing my Wii U also, I hadn't even considered that as a possibility for some reason, even though my dad hacked his own Wii a long time ago. All he ever wanted to do was hook up a hard drive and copy the discs that he had so he didn't have to get up to change them. Not everyone has nefarious reasons for running CFW, but good luck convincing the turds in the 3DS thread.

E regarding my question, I guess overclocking is something that affects the processor so it should be possible, just not sure how much of a difference it would actually make. I just remember it making loading on the PSP practically instantaneous.

Double edit: My 3DS arrived about 20 minutes after posting, definitely wasn't expecting USPS to deliver on a Sunday :woop:

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 10, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

You can totally overclock the n3DS if you run through HANS via the homebrew menu.

I'd only do so when running emulators though.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

You can totally overclock the n3DS if you run through HANS via the homebrew menu.

I'd only do so when running emulators though.

Keep in mind, this isn't overclocking in the usual sense, ie faster than rated from the manufacturer, but is simply making the N3DS think the game is a N3DS title, and increasing from the O3DS Clockspeed of 268 to the Nu3DS' speed of 804.

Running an Emulator doesn't benefit from HANS, as it's already running at the faster speed. This ONLY applies to eShop Games / Carts.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Does anyone know of a not lovely file manager, preferably installable through FBI. The only one I've found is ORGANIZ3D and it sucks arse.

Also, after setting up the n3DS with rxtools et al, what would need to be done in the future? I'd imagine they'll start supporting newer firmware versions in the future once someone figures out how, would upgrading it just involve replacing the rxTools folder in the SD card root?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharktamer posted:

Does anyone know of a not lovely file manager, preferably installable through FBI. The only one I've found is ORGANIZ3D and it sucks arse.
If I was planning to pirate poo poo I wouldn't install anything from the FBI.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

sharktamer posted:

Also, after setting up the n3DS with rxtools et al, what would need to be done in the future? I'd imagine they'll start supporting newer firmware versions in the future once someone figures out how, would upgrading it just involve replacing the rxTools folder in the SD card root?

Typically sysnand is used as an entrypoint to emunand which you use for all hacks. If a future firmware is supported pretty much all you have to do is update the loader.dat on your sdcard, boot to emunand and update the system like you would regularly. Just verify the system version has the emunand identifier before continuing.

Edit: There has only been one time I've ever had to upgrade a system for use and it was my 2DS I had on 7.x. It "worked" but to enter Gateway you had to use a browser exploit which isn't exactly portable. I had to follow a convoluted guide much like the downgrade one to update my 2DS to 9.2 which allowed me to use hax 2.5. With this I was able to setup themehax and replace the homebrew channel's boot.3dsx with the Gateway's new launcher. Now it can boot directly into emunand just by holding L on boot up.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 11, 2016

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I've been trying to downgrade a n3ds for about 2 hours now and no luck. It never finds the .cia files for the downgrade... from some looking through of the thread on gbatemp it appears to be a pretty common issue with people on a n3ds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

shaitan posted:

I've been trying to downgrade a n3ds for about 2 hours now and no luck. It never finds the .cia files for the downgrade... from some looking through of the thread on gbatemp it appears to be a pretty common issue with people on a n3ds.

Are you using OSX?

• Locked thread