Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
TIL you can glitch through the moonbeam gem doors with a barrel. what the gently caress i have like three thousand hours in thsi game and never knew about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Started playing on PC again after dabbling on the PS4, found an ENB mod, and holy poo poo :pcgaming: this game is all kinds of gorgeous with proper lighting and shading. I cannot go back to the PS4 where everything is drab and lovely. Now if only other people were still playing.

Gonna need some official confirmation on DD2 at some point, plz Capcom, give us more of this.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
How easy is it to set up the ENB mod? I kept meaning to do that with DD:DA and Kenshi respectively.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Donkringel posted:

How easy is it to set up the ENB mod? I kept meaning to do that with DD:DA and Kenshi respectively.

I just found one on the Nexus I thought looked nice. Downloaded two zip files, extracted them, and copy and pasted a couple files into the DD directory. My game took a hit in frame rate down from 120 to 60 but it's totally worth it since it's not really a game that needs 120 fps anyway. Looks astounding although night is terrifying now lol.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/77

That's the one I'm using, although there's quite a few on nexus and you should be able to find one that you think looks best.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 27, 2020

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I've come across a very strange bug.

I've started a new game, trying to name my Pawn but if I press J (as in put a J in their name) it's the same as pressing enter?

Any ideas?

EDIT: It was the dll hook mod, sorted now.

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 26, 2020

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So i got this on switch after realizing i needed something to play off of the computer, and i finally started to play on hard mode.

Im now seriously questioning why i never did this, as aside from the first 15 levels everything is so much more rewarding and leveing vocations is so much easier.

Also mystic knight is rad, bouncing a goblin off my shield to obliterate them midair never gets old.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wait how do you do that with mystic knight? I remember getting kinda bored with MK because every fight mostly consisted of trying to keep my buffs up then mashing an attack button

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

You need the deflection skill you get in core skills for magic shield, blocking has no startup time in DD so if you hit block right before impact you bounce the enemy off your shield and knock them down (its a pretty generous half second window, and fighter has a skill to make it wider)
If you have a active counter however, you will instead launch them into the air and cast a spell based on the element, the basic 3 elemental spells for fire ice and thunder, and a slow moving rapid hit holy orb for holy and i have no idea what dark does. holy aid also heals you more, and i think demonspite gets more charge. Learning to properly counter is pretty much essential to playing mystic knight well because you can do a lot of damage with a proper counter and it also knocks down most medium enemies who hit it and those nearby.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thunder counter casts the bolt directly on your attacker so you can even perfect block archers to kill them at range.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
You can also do dumb wizard crap use a counter spell next to Great Cannon; each projectile the counter shoots makes more shots from the Cannon. Stack it right and you can seriously impact the game's framerate with how many projectiles you're making.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I presume thats using the holy counter, unless you mean demonspite in which case i need to use it more. Anyway i just use the easier setup of stacking 2 great cannons and then abusing the multihit on full moon slash.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNNIZ1zGIhQ&t=30s

that's how you use cannon and counter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i could never get into mystic knight because of how dumb it looked how your guy would carry his shield around on his back (but with his left arm positioned as if he was holding it like the fighter class) and then when you blocked he'd insta-draw it

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The shield's magic duh

It teleports

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

big nipples big life posted:

thunder counter casts the bolt directly on your attacker so you can even perfect block archers to kill them at range.

You can perfect block ballista bolts in the Shadow Fort those rear end in a top hat goblins fire at you and kill them from the entry gate. Lightning shield enchant has no range limit.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

haha great cannon go brrr

timn
Mar 16, 2010

winterwerefox posted:

You can perfect block ballista bolts in the Shadow Fort those rear end in a top hat goblins fire at you and kill them from the entry gate. Lightning shield enchant has no range limit.

Holy poo poo guess I'm rolling a mystic knight now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How competent is the Pawn AI at using spells and such? I was gonna roll sorcerer so I have the magic control, but the assassin looks cool tho

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

They’re fine just equip them with the spells you want them to use, or *links 60,000 word wiki article about manipulating pawn ai*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

here are all the tricks you need to optimize the pawn ai:

utilitarian is the best of the personalities. basically every one of the others is good except for the looting one. use the potions to reconfigure them

if your want to make your pawn a sorcerer dont buy them the upgraded version of the sorcerer megakill spells. apparently if they have the upgraded version they'll try and charge up the ultra version every time and never just release the lesser version

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Playing a bunch of monster Hunter world makes me wish they had cribbed some of the pawn AI for the palicos, like they could learn not to set shock traps for elder dragons. What they managed to do with pawns is actually pretty cool

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

always teach your sorceror pawns to use the tornado so that every fight becomes a clusterfuck

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

utilitarian doesn't really become good until your pawn has 3 stars in all the monsters but once you get there it's easily the best.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I noticed playing recently that they did seem to fix some previous pawn problems, it used to be stuff like scather on a mage would make them climb big monsters way too much instead of just constantly cast spells but now they do just that and it works great. In general you want either challenger, mitigator, scather, or utilitarian for a primary pawn inclination, that should get them to attack fairly often and it depends on the type but yes, if you are not sure always just go utilitarian.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mitigator on sorcs will see them cast AOE stuff more often.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Personally I had way more luck making my pawns mages rather than sorcerers, mages have so much utility and if you train your pawn right they’re stupidly good.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Plus heals!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I went mage for my personal pawn so I can swap out elements at will instead of trying to find an acceptable pub pawn with the right skills loaded.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It sucks cause its cool to have your pawn kicking rear end alongside you as another class. But god drat is hoping for a pawn in the rift to have the attunements you want a complete crapshoot.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Gonna need some official confirmation on DD2 at some point, plz Capcom, give us more of this.

Just imagine a Dragons Dogma game with the RE engine. It’s would be amazballs.

But we still need our Pawns to be their dumbass selves. I love thier charmingly stupid dialogues

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
When the game was actually popular on the 360 at one point I had my pawn in the top 100 leaderboard. :3: he did a good job

Seriously a well built mage pawn can do anything

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just don’t know what I’d do with a pawn that wasn’t a mage with heals/attunements. If my swords not on fire, something is up.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Pawns are dogs that can talk.

Arisen! Animal feces!

Look Arisen! a big tree!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Torpor/high grapnel, heal, lightning enchant, holy enchant. Done, it’s now ready for any fight in BBI guaranteed.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Just started this game, stumbling my way around at the moment. I think I have a crazy high level pawn with me and I'm wondering if I should abandon them. It's a caster that always knows what to buff me with and will sometimes shoot some bigass fireballs that destroy whatever they hit.

How would I go about removing them from my party, and if I do is there anyway to get them back?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Logical1234 posted:

Just imagine a Dragons Dogma game with the RE engine. It’s would be amazballs.

But we still need our Pawns to be their dumbass selves. I love thier charmingly stupid dialogues

Oh yeah I hope they don't change it one bit. They can keep an option to turn it off for people who hate fun.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

what gets me is that when it came out everyone complained a ton about pawns constantly saying stupid poo poo, but its now become a thing people like and remember fondly about the game, that and the dumb poo poo every merchant says.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It grows on you, like the cheesemonger in Divinity: Original Sin (this line was sadly removed from the EE):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vu__GHQthE

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

CRAYON posted:

Just started this game, stumbling my way around at the moment. I think I have a crazy high level pawn with me and I'm wondering if I should abandon them. It's a caster that always knows what to buff me with and will sometimes shoot some bigass fireballs that destroy whatever they hit.

How would I go about removing them from my party, and if I do is there anyway to get them back?

There are many fun ways to dismiss a pawn, such as drowning them, or picking them up and throwing them off a cliff.

Alternatively, find a summoning stone (Pawn guild, the first town where its introduced, the war camp where you fight the 2nd boss) and dismiss them from inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zoig posted:

what gets me is that when it came out everyone complained a ton about pawns constantly saying stupid poo poo, but its now become a thing people like and remember fondly about the game, that and the dumb poo poo every merchant says.

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.