Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

I didn't think anyone could be this excited about winning a GG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I was rooting for Rami but I can never complain about Jon Hamm winning some drat awards.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

el oso posted:

I'm not going to get too upset about the Globes b/c they really, really don't mean anything, but Fargo S2 was one of the best seasons of television ever with great performances all around - really weird to see it get shut out like this.

A singer winning on a blatant stunt cast for a season of TV no one seems to like spells it all out about why you shouldn't take GGs seriously.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

buddhanc posted:

So the Emmy s are the important ones for tv right?

If you want to take any TV awards seriously, yes. But GG wins can be helpful for shows that are struggling ratings-wise. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, for example, has a much greater chance for a second season because of its win.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

The Martian?! I don't understand this category at all.

They get to submit movies as comedies if they want, even if they aren't really.

Which is why Ridley Scott has now won an award for directing a comedy.

I feel kind of bad for Schumer, even if this whole thing is a farce. Trainwreck would have won if things were categorized correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Ricky Gervais wasn't funny this year

Gervais is mailing this in even more every time they invite him back to it and it only makes me like him more. It's what The Golden Globes deserve.

• Locked thread