Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

My goat thread went to posting heaven so heres the new one.

I started running low on ideas for new things to post and some other people posted cool stuff so i thought a thread where we can all share poo poo would be cool

Isaac fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im thinking livestock, general rural stuff, wild birds.

I wanna opem this up to gardening as well.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

One time I grew a tomato, well bye

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im uploading some good pics from my last thread again and the other people who posted good pics should do the same

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

One time I grew a tomato, well bye

My tomatoa need to be tied up now theyre getting prerty big. Ive never grown em before i hope it works out.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Goat

Guard puppies

:madmax:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yo is that an Alpaca if it doesn't have a name yet name it Ziggy please!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pecky becky

Scared lil echidna

Tgis pic

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Celluloid Sam posted:

Yo is that an Alpaca if it doesn't have a name yet name it Ziggy please!

Ill find out if it has a name. Even if it does i can call it ziggy i dont think itll know either way

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

The uneasy peace

Champion puppy

More birds

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Isaac posted:

Ill find out if it has a name. Even if it does i can call it ziggy i dont think itll know either way

Thank you I appreciate that

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
thats a nice assortment of animals.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

good to see

NSW North Coast here

http://www.cqpoultryclub.com/

There's a contact for those Seebrights. Breeders are a funny lot....youll like the descriptive language there.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

where did that thread go. it was a good thread.

i looked through my own photos but the best i've got is a weird butterfly i saw on a hiking trail.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

where did that thread go. it was a good thread.

i looked through my own photos but the best i've got is a weird butterfly i saw on a hiking trail.

Got goldmined w a bunch of other threads.

Wierd butterfly sounds good to me.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
yo goats got those crazy rear end eyes. whats up with that

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

good to see

NSW North Coast here

There's a contact for those Seebrights. Breeders are a funny lot....youll like the descriptive language there.

Ill check tgis out after dinner. Im very keen on getting some. My mum said theyre usually sold as a 2f 1m trio which sounds good to me.

How far north. Like byron area?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you can be bothered tardwrangler repost some of your pics in here they were so good

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey OP I made a thing or two for the OP you made OP

raton fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 11, 2016

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
OP play this song for your goats / chooks / errant parrots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2O91T6ZeW0

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

a youtube video of goats quietly eating, but then i take it and flip and around and put dubstep under it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hey OP I made a thing or two for the OP you made OP

Hell yeah.

Title of this thread is also a sheep goats creation

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I fixed "ABSOLUTEY BUCOLIC" I hosed it up the first time

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good news tgeres 3 new cows we just got and they are living in my area. Im gonna photo the new crew when i see them.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

good to see

NSW North Coast here

Oh wow its for qbn. Their buy sell page 404s but im gonna ring some people see if i can get some birda

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i think you should develop a "thing" so we can see the through line in your photos. like purchase a novelty baseball cap to place on one animal in each photo.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

i think you should develop a "thing" so we can see the through line in your photos. like purchase a novelty baseball cap to place on one animal in each photo.

I dont completely understand this post but it sounda good 2 me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

like, what if in each photo, one animal was wearing a hat that asked "who farted?" think about it. it says a lot.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

like, what if in each photo, one animal was wearing a hat that asked "who farted?" think about it. it says a lot.

If i had a hat that said that id photo it on every single animal in a km raduis

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It was that little black and brown dog that farted though, not another animal.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

This bird is trying to muscle in on my turf. Im 99%sure its not tac bird it makea different noises and is lighter coloured.

Updates as the story develops

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Its using tacbirds hiding spot but its really uncoordinated and keeps losing its footing and making lots of noise

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I hear Alpacas like to kill dogs how do you prevent it from killing your dogs?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

I hear Alpacas like to kill dogs how do you prevent it from killing your dogs?

Its take a very brave alpaca to take on a maremma. I can see them killing a fox or small dog but itd take alot of alpacas to stop a big dog.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive never seen an alpaca get violent but rhey will charge and intimidate thing that it sees as a threat. I imagine 99% of thr time thats enough.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
New cows wont let me get close enough to photo and they are mooing so hard i think they need a while to settle in

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

yo goats got those crazy rear end eyes. whats up with that

Someone explained it in the other thread it lets them see 320 degrees

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Isaac posted:

Someone explained it in the other thread it lets them see 320 degrees

are you making GBS threads me? I thought goats were dumb as poo poo but that is rad

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Gardening TIP: Live in the US? Now's a great time to start sweet potatoes inside. Just grab some organic ones (due to their lower levels of root inhibitor spray stuff) and stick a few toothpicks in it just like you would a regular potato. Soon, vines will sprout, which can be snapped off come summertime and transplanted into some nice loamy garden soil. Allow for full sun and a good amount of space when planning.

Going the cheap route? Get a few red peppers from the store and save the seeds. Start them in February indoors, and keep them somewhere warm with as much light as possible. By July you'll be marveling at the horror of industrial ag, right in your own back yard. This also goes for pumpkins, squash, and tomatoes, although store bought tomatoes often have a high proportion of non-viable seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

fyodor posted:

are you making GBS threads me? I thought goats were dumb as poo poo but that is rad

They are a whole lot smarter than a cow or.a sheep. They're more like a pig

• Locked thread