Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Making bird liquor probably

Definitely something to consider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Lovin' the chook stories and pics.

My housemate has two brown chooks and they're pretty funny at times. Especially when they dig a hole for themselves and writhe around in the dust while making trilling sounds.

The first time I saw this I thought they were dying lol

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tace Vim posted:

Lovin' the chook stories and pics.

My housemate has two brown chooks and they're pretty funny at times. Especially when they dig a hole for themselves and writhe around in the dust while making trilling sounds.

The first time I saw this I thought they were dying lol

Its my real life walking around a paddock of hens working out which are dust bathing and which are dead

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

please more donkey pics donkeys are the coolest fuckin animal

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also today i walked round with a rake smashing a cache of maybe 100 eggs we found that we couldnt be sure how fresh they were.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want donkey pics as well

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

Also today i walked round with a rake smashing a cache of maybe 100 eggs we found that we couldnt be sure how fresh they were.

Should have put them all in a bucket and launched them from a catapult.

Donkey seems like it could be a jerk. I want alpacas.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I threw a bucked of 30 in the air and most didnt break. Superior free range eggs.

I stomped some that didnt break they got such quality shells.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You wasted good catapult ammo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

GreyPowerVan posted:

You wasted good catapult ammo

Theres no shortage of eggs to smash let me tell you

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Do cows eat eggs?

Is this a bad idea?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tardwrangler posted:

Do cows eat eggs?

Is this a bad idea?

I am curious about this now.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

smash the eggs eatmouth

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Protein isnt good for cows. Can kill em i think if they get a sudden heap of it that their gut bacteria isnt prepared for.

My vauge understanding on ruminents is that they eat the grass, bacteria eats the grass inside of them then dies. Then they digest the bacteria for protein.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Huh. Word.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

my dream of beef fed beef... shattered

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
A content cow is a good cow. Also I'm happy you're growing tomatoes Isaac. Homegrown tomatoes are fantastic just grab em wash em off and slice when they're ripe and you got a lovely treat to top with pepper and a pinch of salt / cheese.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I gotta go feed these rascally goats in the heavy rain im nto looking forward to this. Might have a spliff.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Goats braved the rain to ambush me at the goat food shed

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Donks are cool. They are pretty smart, playful when they feel like it, sometimes amusingly grumpy if things aren't to their liking. They take the piss sometimes (I get pushed around quite a bit if they find out I have biscuits in my pocket).

They can also look pretty bloody daft at times.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do you ever laugh like Beavis to enhance a session of found egg smashing?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Do you ever laugh like Beavis to enhance a session of found egg smashing?

Ive broken so many eggs now theres not much fun left in it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like that donkey

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Isaac posted:

I threw a bucked of 30 in the air and most didnt break. Superior free range eggs.

I stomped some that didnt break they got such quality shells.

sounds like you were breaking "fools' eggs". imo it would be a better use to offer them to neighbors and watch the spring snakes pop out.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
This thread is suffering from an extreme lack of animals.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My rabbit escaped again and this time instead of chasing him i let him do his running around cause the digs are asleep. He tuckered himself out and came back to my room.

I wish i could let him free range during the day . Im sure the dogs know hes not a wikd rabbit but you cant trust them too much.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Isaac posted:

My rabbit escaped again and this time instead of chasing him i let him do his running around cause the digs are asleep. He tuckered himself out and came back to my room.

I wish i could let him free range during the day . Im sure the dogs know hes not a wikd rabbit but you cant trust them too much.

Yeah, dogs might get too crazy with him. YOu'd have to have them be used to him around them first and proper introductions and what not while supervised.

But your bun bun is literally hitler and doesnt like things.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yeah, dogs might get too crazy with him. YOu'd have to have them be used to him around them first and proper introductions and what not while supervised.

But your bun bun is literally hitler and doesnt like things.

The working dogs obsess over him. Theyll watch him for 8 hours a day if they dont have work to do, but work dogs get shot the second they hurt stock so theure genetically inclined not to hurt anything. The guard dogs generally wont hurt anything that isnt in their zone. The dumb house dogs and the cats will kill anuthing.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Microwaves Mom posted:

This thread is suffering from an extreme lack of animals.

I am here to help. Looking to photodump all night and go through the archives.

Look at this magnificent bastard. Belongs on a coin or a coat of arms

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I saw a wallaby or joey today that i swear was brown/black. It was early morning with long shadows that coukda made it look like that but im jot aure it was. Looked cool

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Everyone/everything was shutdown yesterday with the heat. This morning I'm in Fuzzy pants with the leccy banket on 1.

Here's a hot, snoozy roo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Do you work with roos?

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
silly

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I'll find a few wallabies in a minute. Redneck swamp wallabys can get pretty dark.

Shirl is a bit disturbed as Ringo has choofed off to go clucky under a bush somewhere and she is all alone. I had to confiscate her egg stash as she wasn't feeding/drinking in the heat...she resented that but is coming good today

We are getting her some company next week if Ringo goes MIA and doesnt come back..

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I hope ringo is okay :ohdear:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Do you work with roos?

No, just live with them and my wife is a park ranger.

If you create a safe place for them (no dogs, loud noises, plenty of shade, water and feed) they tend to stick around .

We don't feed or interact with them and keep a bit of distance. They become pesty and dangerous if you start any of that.

At the moment there are 3 main groups in our yard that co-exist. They are:

Alpha Bloke: current biggest, toughest male.

Mum and the kids: a doe with a joey at foot and her next oldest who is still dependent on mums direction.

A mob of young, horny up and coming males: 2,3 or 4 developing males with no chance of toppling the Big Fella.

Eventually the doe will come on heat and this will bring a few alphas into the yard: things get very toey and a bit dangerous as this is when the fighting starts and the big guys get really intimidating.

Heres one of the younger males having a sniff: Shes slowly coming on heat and things are starting to get interesting. Kangas have weird, prehensile dicks, which you kind of need when your balls are in front of your dick. Not a pleasant sight.

Carlos Lantana fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 15, 2016

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got a proper day off tommoroa im gonna work on getting some sebrights. I want some asap

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Microwaves Mom posted:

I hope ringo is okay :ohdear:

Yeah. We had 5 and lost 3 to a fox or quoll and then Ringo got chased by the brainless Coolie next door. They are both a little traumatised. I worry that Ringo may have been taken by a python or a cat whilst clucky....they just sit there acting like dinner.

Here's Shirl under the fig tree being clucky

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Isaac posted:

I got a proper day off tommoroa im gonna work on getting some sebrights. I want some asap

Get the Seebrights....they have been the best pets ever. The roosters are hilariously twinky and effeminate looking but are tough and fearless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Silver Seebright rooster

• Locked thread