Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
We had to remove a couple of dumped buns from the campground the other day....they were chill and easygoing and are now being loved up by a couple of little kids in their new home.

There was a rooster colony down at the beach for a while where all the local unwanted roosters got dumped. I don't think things turned out quite so well for them. They were awesome and used to come out of the bush to hang around and chat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Get some markers and color in that chicken.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

Silver Seebright rooster

Apparently someine nearby breed silversm i hadnt seen ine until this oic. Handsome birds but i want the golden

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
I've got a clockspider living under the windscreen wiper housing at the moment that has appeared twice as we were getting out of the car and giving us the willies. I nearly got him off last night but he managed to scuttle up under the wheel arch....he is huge and fast and hideous.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Isaac posted:

Apparently someine nearby breed silversm i hadnt seen ine until this oic. Handsome birds but i want the golden

check them both...I found the goldens more mellow but the silvers slightly more stunning....very beautiful contrast between back/white.

Whites tended to bully the browns....fancy that.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

We had to remove a couple of dumped buns from the campground the other day....they were chill and easygoing and are now being loved up by a couple of little kids in their new home.

There was a rooster colony down at the beach for a while where all the local unwanted roosters got dumped. I don't think things turned out quite so well for them. They were awesome and used to come out of the bush to hang around and chat.

Wjat breed is that. Maybe its a wierd andgle but that's an odd lookin rabbit

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Isaac posted:

Wjat breed is that. Maybe its a wierd andgle but that's an odd lookin rabbit

dunno...they were def. domestic very meek and easy to handle

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
different angle

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Local Council going for cheap laughs.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Kookas

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Didn't think I had a donk pic but one turned up. I went back to this place i lived as a youngen and there they were.

Up Nimbin way so theyre probably mushied out knowing that particular paddock

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
1230am im readinf abojt donkeys on wikipedia

Donkeys can also breed with zebras in which the offspring is called azonkey (among other names).

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
[45] Asses' milk may command good prices: the average price in Italy in 2009 was €15 per litre,[46]

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
After you mush up a bunch of eggs with a rake do the chickens have a gory black mass feast?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

After you mush up a bunch of eggs with a rake do the chickens have a gory black mass feast?

Yes they do.

It made me do a bit of thinking amd heres wjat i think:

Chickens very very rarely eat am egg that osnt cracked, but will go crazy as soon as theres a sligjt hole in it. Im thinking tyat they know that their instincts them the egg is no longer viable and they eat it back up to recover what they lost.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Hard to see but this is a Glossy Black Cockatoo which are our local big cockies.

We get them camping in the big scribbly from april to september

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

[45] Asses' milk may command good prices: the average price in Italy in 2009 was €15 per litre,[46]

Italians love rear end milk lol

Isaac posted:

Yes they do.

It made me do a bit of thinking amd heres wjat i think:

Chickens very very rarely eat am egg that osnt cracked, but will go crazy as soon as theres a sligjt hole in it. Im thinking tyat they know that their instincts them the egg is no longer viable and they eat it back up to recover what they lost.

My cockatiel liked to eat the white part of fried eggs a lot and also sausage but would barf like crazy if he got into the sausage.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

Italians love rear end milk lol

:awesomelon:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
I wish I'd done a better job of capturing this but it was years ago with a 4mpixel canon at long range.

These are Brolgas the Australian native crane and they are exquisite.

Aboriginal local legend is they are the sister of a slain warrior and she has painted her face with his blood

These two are about to get it on and are dancing romantically

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Tin roo at Silverton, home of the Road Warrior

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
I haqve more donkey pics than 1st thought

These two were hassling tourists for change and sandwitches at Silverton

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My mum loves prepper shows ill suggest she gets some draught donkeys in case the world ends and there no petrol to move things

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
The Owl Barn outside of Broken Hill was run by this crazy old bushpig and was full of owl stuff we werent allowed to photograph.

I briefly considered stealing his stuffed Powerful owl but its nearly a metre tall.

So we hosed around with his owl masks while he took photos.

Sidenote, my wife saw 2 Powerful owl fledgelings the other week at the rainforest centre she works at. This is a pretty massive sight if your a twitcher. They are huge and awesome and I'm jealous as hell

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Enormous Silverton Hen

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
I think this is a Blue Bonnet, just down the road from where Lord Humungous faceplanted that tanker (Umberumburka Reservoir)

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Common Australian Tyreswan in it's native habitat, a pile of rusty old poo poo.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Colin (Llama) and Shorty (ancient shetland)
See that mound in the background? That's where Colin spent the majority of his time playing King poo poo of Turd Mountain. It's about a foot and a half high. He thought he was so cool. Wish i had a pic.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Satin Bowerbird Blue Mountains.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Diamond Python? hunting birds. I suspect this was the guy that got a few of our hens. he got relocated.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Giraffe with a lumpy head.

If you have the cash, go to the overnight stay at Western Plains Zoo....all sorts of behind the scenes stuff like tigers eating ostritch eggs and watching African Wild Dogs rip carcasses to shreds

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Lions loving.

Not seen: awesome vinegar stroke face the boy lion pulled.
He hosed her half a dozen times over the course of an hour.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
This is a Tawny Frogmouth flegeling who ended up sitting in the rain on the driveway for a day and a half, guarded by its mum.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Here's that swamp Wallaby I mentioned earlier Issac. they get quite dark but have that tan/rusty color round the head and neck.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
African Wild Dogs are elite. If they decide something is going to die, it does.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
gently caress yeah.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Butcherbird chilling on my hammock

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Osprey owns this perch down at the bay and we watch him go fishing. They land really big fish then flip them round so they are aerodynamic
Ospreys are tough and regal. They dont eat any old poo poo or steal other birds food like the whitebelly sea eagles.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
I'll throw this one in.
postpostpostpostpost
It's from the police museum in Phillip St Sydney.

My dad was a pig there in the 60's

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
I live way over there on the pointy bit
XXL Bucolic
I couldnt be luckier if I was born with two dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
There was a great goannapost over in the australia thread.
They mostly eat dead things but will consider your cat if it gets the chance.

• Locked thread