Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
what a way to go wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
uuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

HUGE bucket of wings I mean win

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i never give a gently caress when old white people die but man this is bothering me for some reason

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i never give a gently caress when old white people die but man this is bothering me for some reason
:waycool:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

smush mouth deserves to have their vocal chords slashed out for this mockery of bowie/queen

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bought the clear vinyl for $30 about 4 days before the album's release and they're now selling for $500 on ebay

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Condiv posted:

vocal chords
nnnrrggghh

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YJfXdSR85o&hd=1

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

why does his race matter?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:agreed:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Squeezy Farm posted:

affecting indifference toward a white man means he cares more about black people which makes him a cool & progressive LF hero and not an attention-whoring gently caress tard

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i normally like your posts chumpchous but that was fuckin tasteless

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
idgi. do you think i'm being sarcastic? it's genuinely bothering me.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

idgi. do you think i'm being sarcastic? it's genuinely bothering me.
its more about the showboating over how much you don't care "when old white people die" but at least bowie (one of the good ones of course) dying managed to "bother" you in contrast which is good to know

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i mean i really should have said something like 'i'm not usually bothered by the death of any old person' because that's a lot clearer but i guess throwing white in after old is just habbit by now

his death has honestly kinda shaken me up. i mean only a little but still.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
like i get where you're coming from and i will admit that i am definitely unfunny and an idiot but i was only trying to underscore how big of a deal this is

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

Squeezy Farm posted:

white people are Not Cool

seems a lot of people who weren't really mad or cared about the thing with the underage girl when bowie was alive are now suddenly very angry and care

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i was only trying to underscore how big of a deal this is
"an old white person died, but this time it bothered me which is a big deal"

like i don't think you get how awful that comes off

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i mean, why would i care if literally any old white person dies

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i mean, why would i care if literally any old white person dies
nobody expects you to

also nobody expects you to make a point of posting about that and tack the one you do care about onto the end

that's all really

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

69 isn't even that old. it just seems old because he'd been making music for 50+ years and did a shitload of coke

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't think he even seemed old

we all knew he had at least two more albums in him

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 13, 2016

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"an old white person died, but this time it bothered me which is a big deal"

like i don't think you get how awful that comes off

nobody gives a poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's still incredibly sad, but if you can look at the bright side of it, his death was peak Art and what Tony Visconti wrote is about as good as anyone could put it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah i was pretty willing to recognize that i'd said something terrible but i'm really not following you at all here. i'll admit to it being dumb and overplayed but i i'm like super confused here and i'm sorry.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

imagine the loving balls you would need that when posed with an 18-24 month death sentence that you:

- record one of your greatest pieces of work
- make two music videos which are both lyrically cryptic upon initial release
- write a musical and attend the opening as if everything's fine
- look dapper as gently caress in photos on your birthday/the day of the album's release
- die two days after the album's release, giving an entirely new meaning to the lyrics, as well as it being on a sunday while the main lyric on one of the songs on the album are "where the gently caress did monday go?"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

brass loving balls my friends. rip you beautiful star man

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
nah i'm the one who dragged it out like a bitch. sorry david :(

triple sulk posted:

- die two days after the album's release, giving an entirely new meaning to the lyrics, as well as it being on a sunday while the main lyric on one of the songs on the album are "where the gently caress did monday go?"
aha holy poo poo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i fricken cried listening to blackstar last night. i'm not even really sure i like the album that much but man, what a thing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's really good and should be awarded album of the year

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i fricken cried listening to blackstar last night. i'm not even really sure i like the album that much but man, what a thing.

i also cried. that poo poo is profound.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

triple sulk posted:

are you serious

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

qntm posted:

are you serious

i am

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
you made it three pages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6c9Ejfu-iU

Adbot