Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Thefluffy posted:

sad. I was hopeing for more content. too bad there isn't many mods for grimrock 2 :(

fake edit: :sad: gives me a trump meme what gives?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/22/_sad_trump.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Download the dungeon

The Mod Showcase begins, with Highwang joining me for a quick look at an ambitious original story.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Glad to see more of you lovable idiots.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Small heads up. I can't remember if I ever said I'd show off a whole lot of mods, but I've decided to drastically pull that idea back to about 8 more before the LP concludes, with all except for the upcoming mod being combined into two per video. So we've got five more updates on their way before I can finally archive this LP.

On the plus side, ChibiWisdom completed the group picture of their interpretations of the cast, and it looks pretty accurate to me:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

Small heads up. I can't remember if I ever said I'd show off a whole lot of mods, but I've decided to drastically pull that idea back to about 8 more before the LP concludes, with all except for the upcoming mod being combined into two per video. So we've got five more updates on their way before I can finally archive this LP.

On the plus side, ChibiWisdom completed the group picture of their interpretations of the cast, and it looks pretty accurate to me:

everyone's so detailed
and then there's pubert
this fat rat with hair
gaining a level from eating
oh god I can't breathe

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Shei-kun posted:

everyone's so detailed
and then there's pubert
this fat rat with hair
gaining a level from eating
oh god I can't breathe

If he was eating an actual crunch wrap, it would be perfect and you would be dead.

It is a good bit of art.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
They aren't shackled together. :colbert:

But seriously, holy poo poo that's really great. :allears:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Download the mod

The Mod Showcase resumes with my personal favorite out of all of them. This is an example dungeon assembled by minmay using Germanny's Dungeon Master Resource, and it's almost more awesome and fun than the main game.

All of the showcases have also been commentated, and I'm going to upload the remainders in pairs, so we've got weekly updates once again through to the 22nd! I've been sitting on these for a while, and I really want the thread completed and archived, so that at least one more of my big LP projects can be done and I can start a new thread. Probably after the Bomberman megathread is also done, though. I've got a habit of running too many threads at the same time.
(Still gonna do Grow Home in the meantime :ssh:)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Download the Mods: Grimrock Unlimited, Battle Tower

Download the Mods: Bacodar's Realm, Dungeon of Orli

We start combining two thematically similar mods into one video here.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Man, the end of that first video was great.

I feel like randomizers for games which weren't designed for being randomized never work terribly well. I mean, besides things like the Metroid Prime randomizers you see folks playing on Hitbox or Twitch once in a while, which are entirely for the purpose of sequence breaking challenges. Just shuffling room order and enemy placement around as this mod does, doesn't make for a very exciting game.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Download the mods:
Survival Beach, The Legend of the Lost Dwarf Kingdom of Kahrak'arul

Download the mod

Ending the LP with a couple mods that amuse me in how I can't play them, and finally with a nice little throwback to the first Grimrock.

Thanks everyone for watching. I had a lot of fun with this LP, and I'm glad people took to it as much as they did. I'm gonna wait until Grow Home is also finished before I submit it, this and MDK2 to the archive.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Would have been neat to see the more extensive (and complete) mods get a thorough look but something like Eye of Atlantis does seem like it could turn out to be longer than the original. Thanks for showing what you were able to.

• Locked thread