Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I keep meaning to pick this back up. I liked a lot of the changes and additions, if not so much others like the removal of unarmed skill and the enchant arrows spell. But mostly I felt once you get deeper in they overtuned combat a liiiitle too much to compensate for the combat in the first game (though I haven't played since closer to release, maybe they eased up on that).

Those fishmen with their spear leap is super cool, and a great addition. But then I realized later in the game, increased enemy turn speeds, 90 and 360 degree attacks, single tile hallway ambushes vs things with ranged attacks, etc, meant just standing still tanking it let me beat most enemies faster and with less damage taken than trying to use my brain :saddowns: (You know, aside from the obvious exceptions).

So LPs of this are a real joy, I get to see all the cool stuff without feeling like I just don't click with the combat, even with how I love literally everything else so much more than the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread