Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Aw man, I need to get around to finishing this game. Played it for a good bit and was loving it to bits just like the first one, but then Pillars of Eternity came out and all other games stopped existing for a while. Never got around to picking this back up afterwards. Can't even remember where I was when I stopped.

Seems like a fun LP so far, gonna be following this. :)

Oh and since it wasn't really that audible in the video, I wanna point out that the main theme music of this game is absofuckinglutely gorgeous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rNbcEPdJEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Welp, I guess that's my cue to put following this LP on hold until I've finished the game myself. I'm pretty far in - my guys are around level 12 or 13 - but I haven't been to the bog yet. And I was also spoiled on that meteorite thing that you dug up "out of sequence". Mind you I'm not blaming you for that, it was just... unfortunate.

And yeah, firearms are maybe a little bit underwhelming. I have my ratling alchemist Qwimzy Blarnum, Esq. using the arquebus, and while it isn't worthless it doesn't quite pack the punch you'd expect to get from how many points you need to invest. At least the ammo is quite plentiful.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 16, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I also knew that a roach is also a fish, thanks to The Witcher 3! Geralt calls his horse Roach, and someone mentioned that it was after the fish rather than the insect. Also that he did not name his horse after Vernon Roche. :v:

It's a super common fish over here in Finland too, I just never happened to find out what it's called in English.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick posted:

Welp, I guess that's my cue to put following this LP on hold until I've finished the game myself.
Well so much for that "hold", I just beat the game. :v: Figured I'd just play past the bog, but ended up powering through the whole rest of the game in the same go.
I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the guys' reactions to some of the poo poo this game puts you through. It's like, every time you think you're prepared for anything, the game goes "ahahaha nope" and throws a new kind of curveball at you. And it's glorious.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm pretty sure Ogre Taint was holding that buckler in the wrong slot. I have a distinct memory of it actually belonging in the arm slot like bracelets and poo poo.

I'm also wondering why you aren't using the fist dagger on Pubert since it has better base damage than the backbiter and is also a dex weapon. It's not like he really needs that +5 accuracy bonus. I mean sure the backbiter has that health leech attack but you could just keep it in the secondary weapon set and whip it out when you need that.

ousire posted:

Well, if a big nasty monster was attacking you, and you could disable it's one method of attack with a sturdy lock, it would be pretty tempting to do so don't you think? :v:
You'd have to close the lid first, and anyway it would mean having to put your hands near that gaping maw of teeth. Would you rather do that or just hack the thing to bits? :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That desert :allears: It's probably the single most unexpected moment, the most gloriously fiendish curveball I've ever had a game throw at me. It's really a pretty clever design trick.

I mean like, the entire rest of the game is all relatively tight spaces with mostly just a few enemies at a time, and everything about it is just very decidedly not like an ARPG where you just have to mow down legions of enemies.... until you step through that windgate and suddenly it is, and your brain is doing cartwheels trying to figure out the paradigm shift. I wish I could've seen my face when I got there, I just stood there for a couple seconds going "what?? seriously!??" and then I had to pause the game for a moment to sort my poo poo out.

I love this game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Tremors is one of the best things in movie history and everyone who has never even heard of it is a sad, sad philistine. :colbert:

I only ever watched the first sequel, it was pretty fun but I still figured I probably shouldn't bother with the rest.

EDIT: Also, that "step on all the tiles" puzzle in the second video was doing my drat head in, until I grabbed a pencil and outlined the floor plan on some graph paper and just looked at that for a moment.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The hints like "Three III" in the library definitely helped me solve that lever puzzle, once I figured out what the jist was.

Regarding the boss fight phases, I'm pretty sure there were a whole bunch of mimics in the last phase, can't remember what else. There was a LOT of poo poo though.

• Locked thread