Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I don't think you guys know what "femme fatale" means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Why do they all look homeless

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I bet she doesn't use a baseball bat

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

WatermelonGun posted:

I don't think you guys know what "femme fatale" means

It's French for "fatal woman"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I also like how it's the most predictable thing in the world that Harley is going to betray them all to be with joker forcing will smith and the survivors to fight on two fronts

I bet will smith even convinces her to spare them, and she has a line to mr j that the suicide squad was the only family she ever had.

Then batman will gruffly say "I'll allow it," nod goodbye to will smith and be like "I don't want to see you around."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they're so desperate for that sweet, greasy nerd money but they're so transparently incompetent

it's like they can't take two seconds to wipe the seething froth from their mouths and sit down and actually make something that doesn't scream "desperate moneygrab"

"they" btw refers to both Warner Bros. and Fox

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

they're so desperate for that sweet, greasy nerd money but they're so transparently incompetent

it's like they can't take two seconds to wipe the seething froth from their mouths and sit down and actually make something that doesn't scream "desperate moneygrab"

Shut the gently caress up you could have given us $20 in the time it took to post this!!! :argh:

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
Jared Leto is a loving tool

http://screencrush.com/joker-jared-leto-empire/

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The quality of these things doesn't matter any more.

They'll have huge opening weekends because people really want to see the Joker or whatever and spergs will buy every piece of merchandise available so these movies will keep being made because they still make money.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I pray for the comicbook movie implosion

millions of promised dollars lost, dozens of agents scrambling and screaming into their phones as their clients threaten to drop them on the other line

it just takes a few in a row to tank and it all ends

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Guardians. That's more like a SciFi movie though.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty posted:

sorry but you do not have my permission

this thread is highly illegal

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Whoever said there are no showers in the Suicide Squad universe is incorrect, because clearly Enchantress here has been showering in raw sewage.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Whoever said there are no showers in the Suicide Squad universe is incorrect, because clearly Enchantress here has been showering in raw sewage.

They made the Enchantress that?

This whole film was birthed in a tub of reject emo placenta.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This antcho daddies Suicide Squad, this is... poo poo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

looking forward to the titular mass suicide in the final act, i wonder how they're going to integrate it into the story in this version

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

smoobles posted:

looking forward to the titular mass suicide in the final act, i wonder how they're going to integrate it into the story in this version

The audience?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
does this have batman in it

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

naem posted:

Why do they all look homeless

its so the viewers can tell that they are bad guys, not good guys. its symbolic, you see!

also sorry i didnt use "femme fatale" right i dont know a catchy term to describe a female character in an action movie who does actiony things

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

millions of promised dollars lost, dozens of agents scrambling and screaming into their phones as their clients threaten to drop them on the other line

I was like you, once. Innocent. Pure. Certain of the impeding crash of comic book movies. "Any day now," I thought to myself after Avengers.

But I realized something. They're never going to stop, because nerds will never stop consuming poo poo that's bad for them. Just like Super Size Me didn't stop millions of fat Americans from guzzling fast food. And it's because the masses don't know any better.

We, each of us goons, needs to take it upon ourselves to shove actual media into our friend's faces. We must tape their eyes to our movie screens and make them subsist on a diet of Seven Samurai, Twelve Angry Men, and 2001: A Space Odyssey; we must plug their ears with Mark Twain audiobooks and Beethoven symphonies. We---Those With Good Taste In Media--must drag the chaff of the movie-going public, kicking and screaming, out of mediocrity and into a world of refined taste in film and literature. Otherwise, Mickey Mouse will be pissing on our graves and raping our grandchildren through every orifice.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

SciFiDownBeat posted:

We, each of us goons, needs to take it upon ourselves to shove actual media into our friend's faces.

Haven't you ever met someone who eats nothing but fast food, and then when presented with an actual meal they don't like it and pine for their burgs and nugs? It's the same problem with these people. I have some friends like this, and I once tried to get them into The Wire, which I think is a very well-written show. The response? It's too slow. It's boring. There are too many characters. The characters are too morally ambiguous. One person flat out refused to watch because "I'm only into shows and movies with fantasy and sci-fi stuff".

Since then I've come to accept that fact that some people just prefer fast food.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I was like you, once. Innocent. Pure. Certain of the impeding crash of comic book movies. "Any day now," I thought to myself after Avengers.

But I realized something. They're never going to stop, because nerds will never stop consuming poo poo that's bad for them. Just like Super Size Me didn't stop millions of fat Americans from guzzling fast food. And it's because the masses don't know any better.

We, each of us goons, needs to take it upon ourselves to shove actual media into our friend's faces. We must tape their eyes to our movie screens and make them subsist on a diet of Seven Samurai, Twelve Angry Men, and 2001: A Space Odyssey; we must plug their ears with Mark Twain audiobooks and Beethoven symphonies. We---Those With Good Taste In Media--must drag the chaff of the movie-going public, kicking and screaming, out of mediocrity and into a world of refined taste in film and literature. Otherwise, Mickey Mouse will be pissing on our graves and raping our grandchildren through every orifice.

Super Size Me was bullshit and so is your post.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

etalian posted:

Big Short was good since it had Margot Robbie in a bubble bath.

are you a teen?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i hope he overdoses on sleeping pills at least heath ledger was a good actor

naem
May 29, 2011

If there was a one off character called Bananaman who throws bananas and tells jokes DC would make it super grimdark and he'd kill some people and it would rain the whole time

Then reboot it with a way younger cast of like 20 year olds and make it really tone def and dry, then a re-reboot where it's like high school/wwII for some reason

Then a time traveling re-un-boot with the grimdark actor (who's like 52 now) teaming up with the 20 year olds (some of whom haven't aged well already) and make it too hammy, also they've run out of real bad guys already so they cram several minor badies in awkwardly

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I once tried to get them into The Wire, which I think is a very well-written show. The response? It's too slow. It's boring.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

naem posted:

If there was a one off character called Bananaman who throws bananas and tells jokes DC would make it super grimdark and he'd kill some people and it would rain the whole time

I would watch this so long as he killed people with bananas and banana peels. Maybe get some slide whistles in there too

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I once tried to get them into The Wire, which I think is a very well-written show. The response? It's too slow. It's boring.

yeah it was crazy it was almost like they had different tastes than i do or something

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Superhero movies/TV shows are all garbage that doesn't actually matter or go anywhere.

They all follow the same formula.

-Introduce the characters and get the gang together
-Fight the current "biggest threat of all time to the universe"
-It always ends positively with no one actually suffering any permanent consequences and there's a short hint of what the next movie/season will be about
- Rinse, repeat

Except that is nothing at all like either of the Netflix Marvel shows.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

naem posted:

Then reboot it with a way younger cast of like 20 year olds and make it really tone def and dry, then a re-reboot where it's like high school/wwII for some reason

Then a time traveling re-un-boot with the grimdark actor (who's like 52 now) teaming up with the 20 year olds (some of whom haven't aged well already) and make it too hammy, also they've run out of real bad guys already so they cram several minor badies in awkwardly
uh bananaman is real?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

As long as Marvel stuff continues to be entertaining, that can stay. Pretty sure the rest of them are going to implode themselves. The only movies to actually damage Marvel itself have been poo poo like the Fantastic Four, which had their logo on it. They should have pulled it.

When the age of Westerns died, there were a few good Westerns that went on for a while. Which is fine. I hate when a whole genre dies because of over-saturation of poo poo-quality copycats. Happens in any media.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Except that is nothing at all like either of the Netflix Marvel shows.

In Jessica Jones it took 13 episodes before they take down the villain with beats by dre headphones and a hoodie.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pitdragon posted:

I would watch this so long as he killed people with bananas and banana peels. Maybe get some slide whistles in there too

No see that would be fun; he'd be humorless and have have an AR15 and body armor and beat a homeless guy to death in the rain, presented somehow in a pg-13 manner, then drink a really grimdark™©® Pepsi max and drive off in his lexus®™©™

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
It took Perseus four seconds to figure out that you shouldn't look at the Gorgon and Jessica Jones forever to figure out that you should just plug your ears. She sucks. JJ is the worst superhero show.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

spudsbuckley posted:

The quality of these things doesn't matter any more.

They'll have huge opening weekends because people really want to see the Joker or whatever and spergs will buy every piece of merchandise available so these movies will keep being made because they still make money.

yeah the terrible truth of hollywood is that there are basically no flops anymore. theres no reason theyre ever gonna stop making comic book movies and sequels and remakes because its making money even when it "fails"

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Vhak lord of hate posted:

It took Perseus four seconds to figure out that you shouldn't look at the Gorgon and Jessica Jones forever to figure out that you should just plug your ears. She sucks. JJ is the worst superhero show.

Yeah it was not great. Ritter is like super hot in it so I'm going to watch every single episode.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Yeah it was not great. Ritter is like super hot in it so I'm going to watch every single episode.

She is

She is super hot

Also a terrible actress that always seems to be playing as if she was in a comedy sitcom, she's just a bad thespian

I went and watched The Bitch in apartment 23 sitcom and highly enjoyed it, she's perfect for it

I'm really excited to see Ben Affleck as Batman, I think he'll be loving great, possibly the best batman yet, unfortunately in mediocre movies

Christian Bale was ok in retrospect, at the time I liked him a lot, but really he wasn't even the best batman, it was just the franchise had gone so bad he seemed like the best thing ever.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Reminder to all Marketing execs: Our visual motif for The Suicide Squat is "Fecalious"

Please make sure all marketing materials remind people of Fecal matter. If in doubt, add more poop.

Sincerely, WB bosses

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gently caress da Mods posted:

all super hero movies are dumb and made for children

yeah like your posts you dumb bitch!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
DC superhero movies are the only thing worse than Marvel superhero movies.

Marvel makes movies for children and child-like adults. They're kid movies with a big budget with a few bits thrown in to keep adults from getting bored.

DC makes movies for child-like adults who still want the same stuff they liked as children, but "dark". Like maybe there's a grown-rear end man in a Halloween costume and he goes on a rant lifted straight from a goth teen's diary, but everyone's supposed to think it's really scary but also deep and wow, maybe he's right. The audience (and probably the people making it) are the same type of people who write "gritty and realistic" Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction, except they liked comic books more than their Sega Genesis.

• Locked thread