Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Posting interest. I'll make my character a little later. I have to head to work, but I will be apping a Star Mage. I will do some reskinning to make it have to do with the ocean some, so it fits the flavor.

Star Mage is taken. Whomp whomp

Thrash, Orc Medic Battlechef

Orcs are a barbarous kind, brutes and bullies all the way. That's not to say that Orcs do not have a place in society; contrary to the popular belief, only most orcs are murderous savages, roaming the wastelands in war-parties, seeking the next settlement to raid. There are orcs who find that they are perfectly capable of being murderous savaged within the confines of civilized societies and cities. Being the case, these city orcs, make excellent mercenaries, laborers, foremen, hired-muscle, bodyguards, and chefs.

Beg pardon? you've never heard of an orc chef? Well what do you think those roving war-bands eat while they are flensing the skin off of a village's men while boiling the women and children in hot oil?

Fortunately, the only flensing and boiling that goes on involving a city orc -in most cases- takes place in the kitchen! Orc chefs are the pinnacle of the survivalist's culinary menu. They are capable of butchering any animal down to parts that no human, elf, halfling, or squid-headed fish-man would ever consider using in a dish. They can take the worst scraps and transform them into a meal that even the strongest iron-stomach would have a hard time choking down, and with pride, too! The man who can eat an entire six-course meal from an orc kitchen and survive immediately earns the respect of the chef, and is far less likely to end up in the next meal than those who threw up his food.

Of all the Orc chefs today, one is of particular interest. He is destined to find, cook, and consume every type of animal in the world and has entered every cooking competition across the globe to master the art of killing and eating things you'd never stand a chance at killing and stomaching eating. His name is Thrash, and his cuisine is one that has leveled entire feasting halls with with the aroma of his food alone. Having traveled the world, butchering everything with wings, scales, two- four- eight- and even no-legs, he now seeks to master the world of monsters in the impossible depths of the sea: a place no orc has ever cooked before.

quote:

Name: Thrash
Level: 3 (1/10 XP)
Look: Manic Eyes, Tribal Leather and Furs, Muscular Body, Green Skin

HP: 25
Armor: 2
Damage: d6

STR 18 (+3)
DEX 12 (+0)
CON 15 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 08 (-1)
CHA 13 (+1)

Drive:The Greatest Taste!
Do or create something new with your abilities

Background:Master Chef
You provided culinary masterpiece for hundreds of people. At the beginning of each session the GM will ask you something about your culinary practice, greatest successes, or tragic failures of your past. If you answer them, mark XP

Bonds:
Padre Clavo is a gentleman and a scholar. Looks like your lies work on at least one person.
Tutresiel has the most interesting and delectable aroma. Obviously something Thrash has not tasted before, he is interested in seeing if he can cook it or, at the very least, served cold.
Scrawny customers like 01 have likely never had a good meal in their lives. I pity such a person. Never seen it eat; strange, thin body; no mouth. Surely, it must be starving under all that armor!
Ramona de Sahagún could benefit from this new combination of flavors I always wanted to try. Warriors always have big appetites. Warriors also need food to support muscle growth, like a 3rd arm or tentacle legs.

Starting Moves
Not an Exact Science
At character creation, choose an attribute. This is is the attribute you use to perform Ork Cuisine. (It will from now on be referred to as OKC.)
STR

Ork Cuisine (OKC)
When you take time to inflict your personal brand of "culinary delight" on someone, roll+OKC.10+: Choose 3 from the following list.
- Heal 1d10 damage.
- +2 Forward for your diner's next damage roll.
- Your diner does not get a debility.
- Your diner does not feel incredible pain. (Wuss.)
7-9: Choose 1.

Butcher the Meat!
When you take time to butcher the corpse of a kind of creature you had not prepared before, you can Spout Lore about it as if you had rolled a 10+.

Maw-meow
You have an "test subject" which has been subjected to all your past culinary attempts, causing strange mutations from ingesting otherwise inedible foods. Choose three of the following:
alligator, dog, goat.
Choose a base:
•  Ferocity +2, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +2, Cunning +2, 0 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +1, Cunning +2, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +1
•  Ferocity +3, Cunning +1, 1 Armor, Design Flaws +2
Choose as many strengths as its ferocity:
feels no pain, keen senses
Maw-meow is trained to fight humanoids. Choose as many additional tricks as its cunning:
hunt, fight monsters
Choose as many weaknesses as its instinct:
forgetful

Command
When you work with Maw-meow on something it's trained in...
•  ...and you attack the same target, add its ferocity to your damage
•  ...and you take damage, add its armor to your armor
•  ...and you discern realities, add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and you create a culinary dish add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and you parley, add its cunning to your roll
•  ...and someone interferes with you, add its design flaws to their roll

Advanced Moves
Work in Progress
When you have the necessary "ingredients" on hand and decide to feed Maw-Meow a new recipe, roll+OKM. On a 7-9 choose one of the following:
•  Replace one animal in Maw-Meow with another.
•  Replace one of Maw-Meow weaknesses with another from the list.
•  Choose another base for Maw-Meow. No trainings are lost or gained.
•  You are not completely covered in gunk.
10+: Choose three.

Cooking Perfection
When you have time and the proper ingredients (or creative substitutes), you can make new experimental foods. Roll+OKC.
10+: Three servings.
7-9: One normal serving or three servings with an unexpected side-effect.

Gear: Load: 9/11
Stable foodstuffs (5 uses, 1 weight)
bandages (0 weight)
Bag filled with cooking supplies and "cooking supplies" (3 weight)
Lead Apron (1 armor, 1 weight)
An over-sized, bronze serving dish (+1 armor, 1 weight)
Meat Cleaver (Hand, messy, 1 weight)
Experimental Food (3 uses, 1 weight)
Experimental Food (1 use, ~wacky~, 1 weight)

quote:

Experimental Food
When somebody (including you) eats, drinks, slurps, snorts, smokes or injects a serving of your experimental food they roll+CON. On a 10+ they choose three of the following.
•  You stop feeling pain. +1 Armor for the next hour.
•  You just want to smash something. +2 Damage Ongoing for the next hour.
• You see all of these interesting things. +1 to Discern Realities Ongoing for the next hour.
•  You do not gain a debility.
On a 7-9: Choose one

Maw-Meow, (because Orcs are bad at telling their food groups apart)

but with goat hooves on the hind-legs

Teonis fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Well, I could go with the character I made for the last time I app'd, a chef obsessed with cooking the strangest foods in the world. or in this case, under the sea.
I guess I kinda want to know what the current classes in play are, or in the case of Error and Oregano changing classes, what you will be playing.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Alumnus Post posted:

Do it! I forget that guy, though. They don't seem to be in the old recruitment thread.
As far as I can tell we've got fighter, elementalist or else maybe artificer (EOEMA for short), and starmage taken.

Oh, I didn't app here. I was a different game. Aqualantis has been going much longer than I've been playing DW on SA.
My chef is essentially an orc medic reskinned, its crazy. So instead of doing surgery from monster parts, he cooked them into gross-rear end foods.
My other idea was a Tomb Warden, if you haven't seen the class, it is like a paladin, but with ghosts instead of a god. Get possessed, talk with the dead, Danny Phantom powers. I figured I could be a reanimated Aqualantian.

Teonis fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 13, 2016

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
no, I never app'd here before. And I never really app'd in the thread he's from either. It was my character idea for the Vampire slaying game that just started, but I didn't make the deadline.
That game

Teonis fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 13, 2016

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I've updated my post with my ridiculous concept. Did you want me to answer any questions or give a background?

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
That is actually really good. I wan not sure if he should have other goat features too, maybe some goat eyes or ears. But you don't have to draw them.
I was originally going to have a gorilla-gator, but i went with gator-dog-goat because these 3 will eat whatever trash you put in front of them.

One other goat thing, despite his name, it it sounds exactly like a screaming goat. it is horrible.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Alumnus Post posted:

THRASH (and Maw-Meow)
This is Corky.

He was ship’s cook on the last expedition. You knew this guy, somehow. How’d you meet him?
We haven’t met a lot of orcs, either. Give us some background and pick an +OKC attribute.

OKC stat is STR. Sorry, I thought I recorded it.

Orcs are a barbarous kind, brutes and bullies all the way. That's not to say that Orcs do not have a place in society; contrary to the popular belief, only most orcs are murderous savages, roaming the wastelands in war-parties, seeking the next settlement to raid. There are orcs who find that they are perfectly capable of being murderous savaged within the confines of civilized societies and cities. Being the case, these city orcs, make excellent mercenaries, laborers, foremen, hired-muscle, bodyguards, and chefs.

Beg pardon? you've never heard of an orc chef? Well what do you think those roving war-bands eat while they are flensing the skin off of a village's men while boiling the women and children in hot oil?

Fortunately, the only flensing and boiling that goes on involving a city orc -in most cases- takes place in the kitchen! Orc chefs are the pinnacle of the survivalist's culinary menu. They are capable of butchering any animal down to parts that no human, elf, halfling, or squid-headed fish-man would ever consider using in a dish. They can take the worst scraps and transform them into a meal that even the strongest iron-stomach would have a hard time choking down, and with pride, too! The man who can eat an entire six-course meal from an orc kitchen and survive immediately earns the respect of the chef, and is far less likely to end up in the next meal than those who threw up his food.

Of all the Orc chefs today, one is of particular interest. He is destined to find, cook, and consume every type of animal in the world and has entered every cooking competition across the globe to master the art of killing and eating things you'd never stand a chance at killing and stomaching eating. His name is Thrash, and his cuisine is one that has leveled entire feasting halls with with the aroma of his food alone. Having traveled the world, butchering everything with wings, scales, two- four- eight- and even no-legs, he now seeks to master the world of monsters in the impossible depths of the sea: a place no orc has ever cooked before.

Corky:
What a fun chef, he told me of all the amazing and fantastic things there are to cook in the ocean. Before, I'd only ever been able to slaughter animals that scurried up and down the coast. Though one time I did dive into the ocean to kill a shark I wanted to eat. I met the porky-Corky when his underwater-ship was docked at the greatest festival I have ever burned a tent to the ground in. He was just in time for the annual cooking competition, which I had planned to win.

Just that morning, I'd happened across a funny nest on the cliffs, the eggs had scales, but inside the tough shell was baby sheep, without their skins on. Their beaks and wings were too bony for me to eat, but I found that their bellies were filled will meat-noodles. Soon, their flying-sheep mama showed up, she tried to spit acid from her tail, but I was too strong and broke her neck with ease. The mutton and meat-noodles from them would make excellent food for the contest, but to be sure, I killed 3 milk-dogs and a no-leg-lizard along the way.

Back at the competition, porky-Corky was freaking out when he saw how awesome my ingredients were. He knew that he would not be able to win if I was cooking right next to him. I had 3 baby sheep and their shells, the mama-sheep and her venomous tail (I kept it for seasoning), the milk-dogs and all their red-milk, and the no-legs for garnish. For the vegetarian crowd, I also added five potatoes and some leafy grass shoots; it seemed like enough for them. My cooking was so incredible, porky-Corky could not stand the pressure and passed out when he was enveloped in a cloud of steamy flavor from my pot. My food was the best, and the judges fainted from shame when they realized they'd would have to come up with a prize even better than first place for my amazing dish.

When porky-Corky's friends came looking to take him back to his underwater-ship, he was still in his flavor-coma. They were looking for cook, and eagerly, I told them that I was the best cook around, having just won better-than-first place!

Omg, this character is so fun...

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Infinite Oregano posted:

Alumnus Post posted:

TUTRESIEL, SUNDERER OF THE etcetera etcetera
- One such as you has no need for mortal coin, and spacetime itself is no bar to your terrible will. What could be down there that even you would fear to face alone?

As Hamon had foreseen, the Head of Il-Chacham, first son of The Greatest Betrayer, has been found - where it has lain for uncountable aeons, and it has awoken. Even from here, Tutresiel can feel its presence, it whispering away its foul insights. No doubt some peon has succumbed to it now, or worse. It would best to be prepared. Or prepare to die trying.

I honestly thought you'd go with "Thrash's cooking"

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
If this version of the elementalist gets an extra element or command every level, do you still get advanced moves? What ever happened to picky moves that say "Choose one more command and one more element from the list as the up expand your mastery." Or "Add the following three commands to your list of commands."
Advanced moves would be "requires said 2-5 move: you have control over all elements you have yet to learn now, but only with the most basic commands. Choose 2 commands that you can use on ANY element, regardless if you have mastered it"

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Thrash's Bonds:
Padre Clavo is a gentleman and a scholar. Looks like your lies work on at least one person.
Tutresiel has the most interesting and delectable aroma. Obviously something Thrash has not tasted before, he is interested in seeing if he can cook it or, at the very least, served cold.
Scrawny customers like 01 have likely never had a good meal in their lives. I pity such a person. Never seen it eat; strange, thin body; no mouth. Surely, it must be starving under all that armor!
Ramona de Sahagún could benefit from this new combination of flavors I always wanted to try. Warriors always have big appetites. Warriors also need food to support muscle growth, like a 3rd arm or tentacle legs.

Some impressions; so I can remember who you all are...

Ramona de Sahagún, the Bounty Killer
Veteran of the first voyage, a ruthless killer who jacked everyone's good gear and got sick-rich

Tutresiel, the Star Mage
Some kind of fallen angel with power over space on a divine mission or something

01, the Golem 5000-year-old Murderho-bot
Another Error 404 kill-bot; seen before, but still looking forward to seeing more.

Serenity Greymist, the Bardiest Bard
The bardiest of bards... what more needs be said. Oh, yeah: Spoony

Padre Clavo, the Lantern
Laterns are like paladins right, but they are masters of the 'laser-lightshow'

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Hmm. Would it be okay if I make a tweak and change one of my advanced move. I was going to change "I know where it hurts" for some that is more about cooking instead of damage. I want to get Work in Progress so I can mutate Maw-Meow, and if I do, I want to change his starting base stats. I was going to choose this one at my next level up, but that feels so far away right now.

Teonis fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 22, 2016

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
drat it. I wrote a post a work yesterday, but apparently I left work without sending it... sorry for the delay, I'll have to rewrite it.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I generally play from work, hence me forgetting to submit the post. Weekends are really hard for me to play because of family. I would tell you I'll send the post when I get to work tomorrow morning, but coincidentally I have jury duty. So it looks like I'll be posting from my phone in a courthouse.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
If you have some kind of plan, you should probably related to our characters in the game thread somehow. For instance, Thrash was just trying to feed people even though the ship is under attack, because he didn't know there was anything else he needed o do, other than chop up ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Hey, sorry for the vanishing act. I've been trying to stick to just chopping things up so I could keep playing, but right now I am looking for a new job, and times is tough. I'm going to drop from this game. Sorry you don't get to eat more orc garbage.

• Locked thread