Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Well, its almost like she's a massively traumatised abuse victim or something. The doll is something she could have never had under her master. It's like a reminder that all of this is real. As long as she's hanging onto it she can't wake back up from the dream of being free. Same reason she can sleep holding onto another person.

Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 9/11 | Imagination: 0

"...T-That poor g-girl... I-I hope we can help her..." Sammi whispers in reply to Yratha's comments on Sara. She was right to do it. The Monsters were dangerous. But that didn't mean that she didn't feel horrible about the girls situation.

Sammi struggled to sleep, so she made devices and tools, she found it comforting. Relaxing. It was the one thing she could do, without messing up. But even so, she was desperate for company. She grabbed her bedding, and stored away her tools. She wandered through the house, until she found Desi. She felt safe around him. Every inch the dashing hero.

"U-Um, D-Desi? A-Are you still u-up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

In the tea time conversation:

quote:

"Madam Yratha, these are my companions. The mighty Rory Hightower, first among destroyers. Master Neram Katikeram, whose wisdom rivals that of the greatest sages. The young Miss Sammi Kubrick who...I..." He frowned a moment. "In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure how to best sum up your whole thing," he said finally. "And, of course, the newest addition to our little band of best friends, Aziza Faster-Than-Death. Whose charm and grace are matched only by her powerful thirst."
"Its a honor. I am Yratha. Just Yratha. I have no last name to go by. I... dabble in magics I suppose. But lately it seems I do nothing but try to avoid demons tearing me apart... And that over there is my bodyguard. Pay him no mind." "Very rude."

quote:

He crooked one finger in the teacup's handle and pointed it at Neram's prisoner. "You, however, I don't know."
The man smiles nervously. Did you tie him up? Either way he has been keeping to himself, not taking any chances. Cleaning the snow off him revealed a severely torn black outfit, made to blend in the shadows. He's got a rough, worldweary face with black hair and a large scar cutting across his nose from ear to ear. "Ahh, I guess I should introduce myself. Ahhah, rude to stay quiet all the time I say." He scratches his head while eyeing the room. "I'm Scar. Well, that's what it says on the wanted posters at least, must be my name then. And yeah, I know, you must have seen them. Killer on the loose, hand him over, win your weight in gold. Or whatever. But..." He tries to come across happy and approachable, like an old friend, but his grin is strained and his eyes desperate. "Could... you maybe not do that? I mean it must be tempting. I mean, I did kill someone, I don't deny that, but I tell you, that was different. Look, I can get you the money. More than what the empire offers, I quarantee. I've got friends. Not far from here. Just get me to them." He hunches over, resting his elbows on his knees. "Please?"

Jvie fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 28, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/6 | XP: 1/11 | Weak (-1 STR) | Tock Tock | 1-Hold for Give Me A Moment

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Dinner sorted, Desiderio kicked back in a chair and toasted their hostess. "Madam Yratha, these are my companions. The mighty Rory Hightower, first among destroyers. Master Neram Katikeram, whose wisdom rivals that of the greatest sages. The young Miss Sammi Kubrick who...I..." He frowned a moment. "In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure how to best sum up your whole thing," he said finally. "And, of course, the newest addition to our little band of best friends, Aziza Faster-Than-Death. Whose charm and grace are matched only by her powerful thirst."

"Ah, there is no need to introduce us, friend. We are... already acquainted." remarked Neram, in order to prevent... misunderstandings in the future.

- - - -

Jvie posted:

You've got a chance to rest and relax over the night, in other words, Make Camp. Recover half of your max HP and possibly Level up.Also pick one. Tell us what you did during the journey to gain it.
-Gain preparation. Spend it to add +1 to any roll once.
-Gain determination. Spend it to add 4 to any damage roll once.

Even with all his eternities laying forwards and backwards for him, the old man still feared losing time - however seemingly unimportant, and ceased to desire to waste time sleeping, nor eating, nor drinking. So it was he just simply... stopped. His will, and puissance over the temporal ways ascended once more, ceasing the need for such pointless endeavours. At his age such simple things gave little pleasure anyway, his tastebuds having become increasingly decrepit, and the buzz of intoxication merely being a source of anxiety - lest he become irresponsible with his use of time magic. Neram spent time that could have been used to sleep to meditate upon the wefts and flows of the future that lay ahead, becoming prepared for all that may occur.

Picking preparation.

- - - -

Neram was well aware of Yratha's attempts to subtly meet with him. But Neram was curious of what this in particular meant, because although he left her not on the best of terms, much time has passed since then, the years caught up with her - even if it did not substantially improve her disposition. However Neram was wise to certain ways, and he would only permit meeting her alone in a timeline where her bodyguard was not around, although the old man hypothesized that perhaps his purpose was largely to keep Yratha from having to dirty her hands unless necessary, and also as a sacrificial pawn for when necessary.In a quiet corner of the house, somewhat away (but not too far away) from the others sat Neram, in meditation. Yratha arrived, and without much fanfare the old man began to speak, the march of ages evident deeply within his croaking voice. "I am not unaware of your attempts to meet with me alone, Yratha. What is it that that wish to say to me? It has been a while, and you never seemed to be the sentimental type who would want to catch up and talk of old times." is what he said.

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 29, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Jvie posted:

"Could... you maybe not do that? I mean it must be tempting. I mean, I did kill someone, I don't deny that, but I tell you, that was different. Look, I can get you the money. More than what the empire offers, I quarantee. I've got friends. Not far from here. Just get me to them." He hunches over, resting his elbows on his knees. "Please?"

then

Desiderio shrugged from where he was seated. "I can't speak for my boon companions, but I owe no loyalty to your 'Empire' and have no thirst for coin. I have no interest in taking you to these authorities. However, we are on a dangerous and heroic mission!"

He turned, picked up his chair from where he had knocked it over in his excitement and sat back down.

"So join us! Add your blade to our merry band! Plunder abounds! The world hangs in the balance!"

He looked around. He was standing again. Shaking his head, he righted his chair once more. He was getting rather excitable these days.

Recruiting: +1 for telling him what we're doing, +1 for generous looting opportunities, +1 for a useful reputation (Yratha has made it apparent he's famous, and he's been tellin' tales here). If any of that's too far, just add -1s as appropriate

Recruit: 2d6+3 11

now

His prayers and ritual obeisances made to the Serpent (for he was nothing if not pious), Desiderio then tended to his arms and armour. He was a frivolous man, frequently trivial and often harebrained, but he was an adventurer, swordswift and cocksure, and his life (and more importantly his reputation) relied on the blades in his fists and the armour that kept the points of his enemies' weapons from holing his handsome flesh.

He ran the whetstone along the gleaming edge of his sabre, the dramatically curved, neck-cutting blade keen and hungry. He smiled at his reflection, his hair and moustache as perfect at his sword's edge.

By the Serpent, what a man he was!

His narcissistic reverie was interrupted by the odd waif entering the room where he was keening the edge of his sword.

"Young Miss Kubrick!" he said. He gripped his sabre and brandished the blade proudly. "Magnificent, isn't it? It was my mother's sword. Well, one of them anyways. It could cut a memory."

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 29, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Still just talking. Arrival to the Vent Tower coming later today, for reals this time.

Neram's moment outside linear chronology

quote:

"I am not unaware of your attempts to meet with me alone, Yratha. What is it that that wish to say to me? It has been a while, and you never seemed to be the sentimental type who would want to catch up and talk of old times."
"You've got nerve showing your face again." She looks down on you with what can only be described as a death glare. "You really don't care what kind of mess you left me in. You led me on, only to slink off before teaching me anything I actually needed." She slams her hand on the wall by you. "Do you have any idea what I had to do to continue? After you left me with no choice?" Her words are sputtered through clenched teeth. "But you don't care, do you. I know you don't, so I'll just say it. Show me the thirteenth hour." The thirteenth hour being an unique paradoxical manipulation of time, knowing of which is one of the most critical steps to true understanding of time. Just the kind of thing you deemed unfit to teach her. "You will do it. You will. If you don't I'll drag you down with me." She's clearly carrying a worrying amount of demonic items on her. Weapons she has hard time resisting using on you already. "Think I won't do it? I've got nothing to lose. I'm well beyond hosed already. I owe the demons seven fingers, two legs, one hand, a kidney, my liver, twenty gallons of my blood, both of my eyes and three hundred years of servitude." By now she's red all over and shaking with rage. "I. Have. Nothing. To. Lose."
"You know what I got for my soul? Favours. Contacts. If you don't show me that final trick I'll call loving everything in. There won't even be ashes left of this cabin. Or maybe I'll call up Mutivu. He says he's got complaints about the clock by the way. Would you rather spend the rest of the eternity as his servant or sink to the abyss of hell?" That's odd. Mutivu doesn't seem like something you would have told her about, is it? Yratha hasn't really done anything to prove she could annihilate you but she never was one to make empty threats.
Letting Yratha experience the thirteenth hour would give her formidable understanding of time. Very, very dangerous in the hands of someone like her.

Will you twist time and show her the vision she's after? While your mastery over time far eclipses hers, she knows enough to notice if you try to get away from her, and possibly hit you with her worst.

--

Tea time

quote:

"So join us! Add your blade to our merry band! Plunder abounds! The world hangs in the balance!"
"Woah, that's... I was just going to say that I'm actually kind of in hurry... But of course I'll do it! If its that important I'll help you." He jumps up from his chair, eager to make an impression to you. "Yes! Though, I have sort of been on the run for a while now." He raises his sleeve, showing some pretty nasty red scars on his arm. "I'm probably not quite at my best, but I'll do what I can. You're going to machine filled ruins? Fear not, I know my way around security measures of all kinds." He slumps back in his seat, clearly tired. "...But afterwards you can do me a favour and help me with my trip, right?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG

"I-It certainly looks s-sharp...!" Sammi said, feeling both impressed and uncertain. Swords were not her thing. High velocity kinetic discharge spear cannons, now there she felt comfortable! "I-If you like... I can try and make it a-actually cut a m-memory...?" She offered, coming closer to the blade, noting how bright and shiny the surface was, how she could see her own reflection. She looked past her own eyes and looked at Desiderio. Wondering if this was a good idea. He was so excitable, unpredictable, and kinda scary in his own way. But then she though about it. He was EXACTLY the right person to talk too.

"I-I wanted to a-ask you... h-how do you d-do it? T-The whole n-not being scared t-thing? I-I mean, you, y-you just never s-seem bothered by w-what happens around you!" It was not easy to talk like this. Sammi felt exposed, far outside her comfort zone. The two of them were poler opposites. One a man who could never not be in the spotlight, and her, the girl who feared the spotlight so much it might as well burn her. But maybe that was why she felt compelled to ask him. Rory was a walking God. He feared nothing. But Desi was human, entirely ordinary. Well, aside from that little bit of magic. But he didn't seem cunning like Luca, or untouchable like Sia. He seemed like the man who should get killed in the first charge. 'too good for this world' some would call it. But he kept getting through it all. All his speeches, his poses, those madcap plans, the way he misunderstood everything. He lived. She didn't understand. She wanted to understand.

No, she wanted to BE like that. Fearless, powerful, unfettered by her limitations. Unconcerned by her foes.

Safe.

Sammi realised her heartbeat had increased while she'd been staring into his eyes, and looked to the floor. She couldn't let herself get carried away, she needed to listen, to learn, not get overwhelmed by whatever stupid thing was making her want to tear up now. This might be her only chance to free herself from herself.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 16/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 0 | Determination: 1 | XP: 1/9

Due to my racial ability, I sing songs that let everyone heal an additional +1d6 when we make camp!
Healing Song 3 +10. HP is now 16

I keep quiet and keep to myself once I've seen to the others' wounds. The house's movement is unnatural and uncomfortable. So I maintain vigil close to a window if I need to escape, but close to the others so I can hear the conversation. Next to me is my cleaning kit, whetstone, wood oil, and the like to make sure my spear is clean, sharp, and well maintained. It's a common activity and one the others have seen me perform often in the time we've traveled together.

quote:

END OF SESSION
Picking Determination, because of course I did. :v:
Hx +1 Neram +xp
We faced real danger today and the old men left us hanging to play with his toys, only to show up again once the danger passed. I won't forget that.
Alignment (Amass great riches) +xp
Those contracts will be quite valuable, one way or another.
Learn?
Yes, we learned of this strange house, and also a connection between the demons and the capstone. +xp
Overcome?
gently caress yes, the demons, the river thing, the house, byro. +xp
Loot?
I got the tube full of contracts, but also that cube/communicator thing I used to have the river thing end up there instead of on top of us all. +xp

I got a level up!
STR +1
New Move: Hunter's Brother (take a Move from the Ranger)
Wild Empathy
You can speak with and understand animals.

Also: I noticed that doing moves for my forms was a little awkward.
Would you rather I just come up with fitting animal moves myself rather than wait for you to come up with them?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

edit- warning: :words:

Desiderio of the Antipodes!
HP: 22/22 | Armor: 2 | XP: 1/11 | Handsome
| Confused (-1 WIS)

"Do you like stories?" asked Desiderio in an uncharacteristically quiet voice. He frowned at his sword, laid it on his lap, and went to work on it further.

"I've always loved stories. When it became apparent to my father that I hadn't the head for mysteries and blasphemy, and to my mother that being a pirate prince was not the wish of my heart, they didn't know exactly what to do with me. So, while my mother was busy feeding men to sharks and my father was occupied with enacting excruciating tortures on hapless imps and devils in pursuit of arcane heresies, I was left with the Church in Hebralia." The stone made a rasping sound, and the blade rang like a wineglass stroked with a wet finger.

"Not that I was abandoned, of course," he said quickly. "I still spent most of my youth shuttling between my father's desecrated temple and my mother's flagship, The Poison'd Heart, but as I was not going to take on either's trade, there was less urgency in my education. And so, when either was engaged in work too dangerous to have a young boy around, I lived at the Church."

He raised his sword again, and satisfied, resheathed it.

"Do you know much of the Church? Of the Serpent? It's said that if a man lives a good life, a brave and fearless life, then when he dies, he joins the Serpent as one of its scales, one the stars in the skies. The Church told stories about the men and women who became scales of the Serpent. Of their lives, their deeds. And that was where I found who I wanted to be. I hadn’t the desire for black knowledge or bloody-handed rule of the seas. Instead, I wanted to join those legends, those heroes. Those mighty saints who dared, who dared. They were never frightened. They fought and loved and trod the earth and sailed the seas and when they died, death was nothing to be feared, only an opportunity to take their rightful place with the Serpent, among the stars. A final adventure."

He drew one of the long straight-bladed dirks on his belt, frowning at some rust. He didn’t normally use this one, but he had given his usual off-blade to Yratha, and it had been neglected. Sighing, he worked at it with a stone, getting it back to his standard. For the first time, he looked up at Sammi, and he smiled, that smile that suffered no anxiety or worry, that smile that came from confidence in one’s own legend in the making. “You ask me how I’m not afraid. I ask you in return, what is there to be afraid of? I grew up around demons and sea-wars, and resolved as a child to become a hero about whom stories would forever be told. Death?” He laughed. “I laugh at death! Pain? Faugh! Fleeting! If evil men or abominations from Outside come for me, I will cut them until one of us dies, and if it is me, then I will spit blood in their eye with my second last breath and laugh at them with final one! A long life is not for Desiderio of the Antipodes! No, rather one of riotous adventure, heedless love and boundless violence! So decrees the Sultan of Swordsmen!!!"

Frowning again, he went across the room to where his chair had flown, set it back in place and sat down.

“Anyways,” he said finally, “that’s pretty much it. Also, I feel like I don’t know what’s going on most of the time, so I don’t let it worry me."

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 29, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

“Anyways,” he said finally, “that’s pretty much it.
:911:

The update is here!

Aziza
Yratha gives you a word about the cube you found during the tea time conversation. She says you can use it to contact demons, but there's no way of knowing who exactly before you try. You don't get a chance to ask more about it or the offers before she disappears somewhere.

Neram's meeting might have some sort of consequences but lets not let that stop you from arriving in your destination. Any weirdery can reach you later on, its time travel you know.

After everything else

Sun hasn't shown up since the sky was blackened but it must have been at least one night since you boarded this house. It was around when you waked up that the walking building really started ascending the mountain side. The house is leaning backwards quite badly and from time to time it stumbles and for a moment it feels like its going to plummet back down. However in the end it turns out to be a pretty safe ride. Aside from the floor being diagonal all the time. (The tea table keeps sliding into the corner.)

Finally, after hours of climbing you come to more or less level ground. You are very near the top, and just a short walk away rises the Vent Tower. The house parks itself behind a great boulder, letting you observe the tower from a safe position.

Its an impressive sight. The tower is mostly covered in a thick, black layer of volcanic ash and stone accumulated over centuries but the recent explosion has torn the structure open. Great patches of gleaming metal and exposed machinery are now visible where the obstructing stone has been blasted away. Massive pipes snake along the construction's walls, some of them broken open and blasting an endless stream of gas into the air. The sounds of straining metal and moving machinery emanate continously from the gashes in the tower. The very earth shakes lightly, trembling in tune to the heartbeat of the Machine.
How tall the tower used to be you can't say. The explosion has taken a good chunk out of it's span, making what used to be the floor of an internal chamber into the new top. As you look up the tower you can just barely make out something on the opening far above.

Supposed to be a view from the tower's root.

There is gash in the air up there. A hole in the space letting through otherwordly light. A passage from the infernal depths. With some observation you determine that there are numerous demons moving around on the top of the tower, and among them a greater being, a leader towering above the masses. The Black Presbyter directs it's subordinates, to what end you can't be sure, but they seem to be ceaselessly carrying something to the portal. A demon after demon throws what it is carrying through the hole in the world.
Back on ground level there is one obvious entrance to the building. A great metallic plate stands out from the rest of the exposed wall, most certainly a door of some sort, though there is no immediately obvious way for opening it. Before it stands a hulking being. Its more or less human in shape, except twice as tall. There is no skin or face visible, everything is covered in odd, silvery fabric or strange plates of armor. Even the head is covered in the substance, showing through only creepy and vague facial features. It reminds Sammi quite lot of Ark, the ancient being, maybe person, maybe construct.

Imagine a giant in a white bodysuit with armor plating.

Lomon did talk about something like this. Namely that there would be automated defenses. Though he said they would leave you alone unless something weird happens. This one is using it's baton-like weapon to smash wisps of dust being blown at it by the wind. Looks like the tower is in red alert thanks to the demons. You aren't going to get a friendly welcome.

Other than that the only other thing you immediately notice is the large number of cracks in the ground around you. The disruption in the tower must have shaken up the mountain quite a bit. A slow but steady stream of warm air emanates from the large gashes in the stone, they seem to connect into a major network of caves underneath you. You can also hear the ticking of machinery quite clearly from down there. These caves must connect into the tower's insides somewhere down there, but the descent doesn't look safe.

"So this is it?" Byro pushes up to you on your vantage point. "And there's stuff worth money in there?" He turns to you and grins widely. "You need a hand?"

Scar and Byro are available to take with you as you please. If you take Byro he will want an equal share of whatever you find inside.

quote:

Byro
loyalty: 0, cost: money
protector: 4, warrior: 5

quote:

Scar
loyalty; 1, cost: Assurance you'll get him to his friends
warrior: 2, awareness: 2

Awareness
If you walk into a surprising situation while Scar is scouting ahead he is the first one to be endangered by it. Also add his skill to your roll for your first reaction to the threat

recap

On top of the tower
-Lots of demons, portal. They are looting.
-The Black Presbyter
--Fear gaze. Unkillable by default. Weakened by great personal reveals of truth.

On ground level
-A sealed doorway. A huge construct thing pulverizing anything that approaches.
-Cracks in the ground. Lead to a volcanic cave that connects into the tower.
--Expect unreliable footholds and magma.

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; by house
Aziza------: HP: 16/19 Armor: 0; by house
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; by house
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; by house

Rory--------: HP: 20+1d6/27 Armor: 1; by house?
Sally-------: Voice 3/3 with Rory

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 16/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 0 | Determination: 0 | XP: 1/9

I glance around in barely concealed horror. Yeah, I'm not the most devout druid ever, but I still worship and respect nature and her world spirits. These foul demons are bad enough, but the black ash belching forth into the sky is going to cover and sicken the land for a hundred miles in every direction. gently caress that.

"I've got whitey" my voice a growl two octaves below my normal speaking voice, my yellow-wolf's eyes nearly glowing in rage as they pierce the gloom.

With a steady grip on my spear I begin a charge towards the alabaster guardian and the tower door behind it.
Defy Danger (STR) 10
I assume I'd need to DD to cover the distance and avoid being smashed
I duck a massive swing of it's club and carry through my momentum, leaping up to its knee, then an elbow, throwing my whole weight and force behind striking the head.
Hack & Slash 14
spending 1 determination for 1d4 dmg
leaving myself open for 1d6 dmg

damage 12
:aaa::respek::black101::perfect:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG

Sammi let Desi's words wash over her. What was there to be scared of? For Sammi there was so many things.

"I w-wish I could be like that... But I'm... W-Well..." Sammi thought about her biggest fears. All the things which plagued her, kept her up at night. Her own admissions shocked her.

"I-I'm scaired that a-all of this is a-a dream and any m-moment I'm going to w-wake up back i-in that manor cell... A-And Master Goldrot i-is going to walk i-in and start b-beating me, torturing me..." She whispered. She'd never voiced this fear before. Not even to Rags. After all he was impossible, a walking nightmare. If she said he wasn't real he might just disappear.

"I-I'm scaired that t-this isn't a-a dream, then w-when I do die I'm going to become Cog. I'm never going to b-be free and the m-monsters will keep chasing me f-forever." She stepped closer unconsciously.

"And I-I'm terrified that I-I'll be alone forever... T-That I'm just a toy i-in the hands of uncaring God's. I-I don't know what to do, and i-im going to get someone hurt. I want to be brave, I want to be strong. But I've spent so long cowering I don't know how. Maybe I'll always be the little girl in need of saving." Her eyes were red and wet, her cheecks blotchy. Sammi sagged, and swayed where she stood, like all of the energy had flowed out of her. "...I-I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm s-saying..." She tried to sit down on the floor, it seemed a better idea then falling. But apparantly her legs had other ideas.

Sammi fell forwards, tripping over the bedding she'd carried with her. She almost didn't realise what was happening at first. When she did she shot out a hand to grab something solid.

Of course it would be the moustachioed hero her hand found first.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 30, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/6 | XP: 1/11 | Weak (-1 STR) | Tock Tock

"No-one forced you down this path. You could have simply walked away, lived a different life. You lecture me on 'choice' but I somehow knew you'd never see it that way. Choices are always present, you chose the path of demonology. You chose to piece yourself out bit-by-bit until there was nothing left. You seem to be under the presumption that I never made any sacrifices, that I came into this all fine and good." replied the old man, his voice etched with strength and definition. He had not yet refused her, but perhaps other options were available as in a moment's concentration he unravelled the last of the folded moments that he had tucked away earlier today, in hopes of catching a glimpse of something that he can use in this situation.

Spending the last Hold from Give Me A Moment to:
• You notice something you can use to your advantage.

Also... are you sure you want to do this? It might be better to just retroactively not have this occur if you're going to keep on trucking with the rest of the game while something like this is happening that can fundamentally change everything else that comes after. It just seems like a bad idea and more work for everyone. I mean I haven't really looked at what's happening in the present right now because it'll be pointless until this has been resolved.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Neram
Your words are a cause of great discomfort to Yratha. Its a while before she speaks again. Quietly. "There are no choices. Not when there is only one way. Only one goal worth anything." That might be a tear in her eye. She grasps a demonic contract in her hand. "...It doesn't matter. Either you help me now or it will all have been for nothing." She doesn't have any energy left for being angry, but is still about to follow on her threat. While she was looking for words you've located a gap in her awareness. You could leave this pocket of time with no risk of her noticing anything.

If you time magic your way out of this situation Yratha disappears from the house for no reason obvious to you. Time paradoxes or something. There won't be a threat of her unleashing her diabolism on you for now.
If you comply with her demand she won't cause you further trouble on the way.
Either way you can move onto the present situation. If you still want to talk with her you can do it in that timeframe.

Aziza

quote:

I assume I'd need to DD to cover the distance and avoid being smashed
That's right.

The giant attacks you the moment you get close but there is stiffness in it's movements and you dodge it's swing. Your strike rings true and your blade sinks deep into it's head, hitting something hard. Blood falls from the wound, altough you are sure your blade just struck metal. The guardian shudders. It raises it's free hand towards it's face, towards you. Its easy enough to get out of the way but unfortunately you don't notice in time that the hand holding the massive baton is already headed for you too. You do what you can but the huge hand hits your side like an angry god and sends you spinning through the air.

Aziza takes: 1d12+5 9 damage

It wasn't quite a direct hit but enough to throw you over the edge of this opening. Beneath of you opens the great fall down the steep mountain side. You can't see the ground below.

The sentry remains standing. It sways a bit and has to take a stumbling step to not fall over. Its clearly unbalanced by the gash in it's head but not about to abandon it's post. Then, a strange sound emanates from the entity. Deep and low vibration that you can feel in your bones. Right then in response something moves in the holes torn into the tower. Then they erupt out. Spiders. Mechanical ones. A great swarm of them scuttle out from the gashes, down the walls, and then in your direction. Its not a well organized charge. They seem to be in poor repair, a lot of the spiders have trouble moving and a few even fall over on their own long before reaching you. However there are a lot of them still coming. You might not have revealed youselves but they'll search this whole opening soon enough.

Like so, except all grimy and corroded.

Kind of big.

The giant sentry meanwhile raises it's long baton, pointing it at the general direction Aziza charged from. Its probably got some other function than just being a club, based on how high tech it looks. The giant is ready to respond to anything the spiders might drag to light.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; On the opening
Aziza------: HP: 7/19 Armor: 0; falling down
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On the opening
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; On the opening

Rory--------: HP: 20+1d6/27 Armor: 1; by house?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG

Sammi goggled at the giant horror tower. She could Feel the machinery calling out, it set her on edge. The mechanisms begged to be fixed, soothed. Sammi felt like she was the only one who could.

"I-If you can g-get me into t-th..."

Aziza dashed past her charging the giant. Sammi blinked in surprise, and yelled in horror as she was swatted aside! She didn't think, she just jumped, diving for the falling woman.

- - -
My Closest Friend +INT: 2d6+3 11
Imagination set to 3.
Tags: Near, Forceful, Elemental: Ice
Monstrous Act - Move with great speed and dexterity with Jump Jets and Rocket Boosters +Wyrd + Control (1 Imagination): 2d6+2+2 11
Spending 1 Imagination
You undergo a strange physical change, this lasts until you have 0 Imagination

- - -

Cog flowed through her, mechanisms of her own forming on her skin as the jump jets unfurled from her back. She flashed over to Aziza! Grabbing her before she disappeared into the cavern pit. She pulled back to a safe distance. Hovering above the ground. Silver hair fluttering in the wind.

"Are you okay? Can you still fight?" Cog asked, her eyes staying on the construct. Ancient tech. Probably highly dangerous. If it was capable of generating the same field as Ark, she could be in a lot of trouble. But with any luck it was a less advanced model. Maybe she could even take it over. Try and learn something from it. Blueprints and designs flickered through her mind.

"I'm going to try and hack it's systems, take it over, maybe the spiders too. If it fails I'll need you to kill it. Can you do it?" She asked Aziza. Her servo arms already starting to construct the hacking spike.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| Confused (-1 WIS) | True Love and High Adventure: 2

then
Desiderio stood, this time less bombastically, and took Sammi's chin in one thumb and forefinger. He smiled down at her.

"Worry not, child! After we finish saving the world, why don't we simply kill this Goldrot fellow? I'm pretty sure that we just hired an assassin, and I'm certain that closure will do you wonders!"

He stepped back, drew his sword, and pointed it to the heavens, or at the very least, the timbers above his head. "For vengeance is sacred, and blood cries out to be spilled! So swears...Desidero...of the ANTIPODES!"

now
Meanwhile, Desiderio had just finished tying his rope to around a boulder of no little heft, the line trailing to the grapnel held in his hand. He tugged on his handiwork, good solid sailor's knots. He began spinning the grapnel in tight, controlled circles, then looked to Byro. He was a strapping fellow. This should work. Yes, certainly. Of course.

"When I tell you to, be a good fellow and push that boulder down the mountain, will you?" he asked then burst from cover and slung his grapnel at the giant automaton.

Ok. Going through the vast panoply of Dashing Hero moves. Buckle up buttercup.

Race: Human Background: Swashbuckler- You are especially resourceful. When you use Plan of Action, take +1 to any roll made to make use of hazards created by the move.

Plan of action:There is always a chandelier, rope, window, cart, easily-spooked herd of livestock, or similar unusual environmental hazard handy (boulder) in any situation in which it would be convenient for you and remotely plausible.

True Love and High Adventure:When you attempt to enact a daring plan gain 3 hold. You can spend 1-hold to take +1 to any Parry, Defy Danger, or Daring Devil roll made to advance your daring plan. You lose all of this hold after successfully finishing your plan.

Plan- DD+Dex (+1 Background bonus, +1 from TLaHA 1 hold) to hook the automaton with the grappling hook, ideally wrapping the rope around it. If that succeeds, then Byro will push the boulder off the mountain, taking the guard with it.

Defy Danger +DEX: 2d6+4 12

Desiderio cackled, then turned to the burly Byro. "PUSH! PUSH drat YOU!"

edit: Oh yeah, marking 1-adventuring equipment

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 31, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/6 | XP: 1/11 | Weak (-1 STR) | Tock Tock | 1-Preparation

Then, assuming that a paradox isn't made by all this hullaballoo

"The fact that you use the name Mutivu with such irreverence shows that you truly do not understand what is occurring. You found a fragment of a secret and now try to brandish it like it was the whole thing. If Mutivu was so easy to find I would have found him aeons ago! Regardless you wouldn't dare destroy this place, not with Desiderio aboard, did you think it happenstance that he and I are acquainted? The scion of two very powerful, and infamous bloodlines just by chance stumbles upon me? If you were to try your hand and call in your pacts here and now, you don't even know if it'd be accepted given all that is at stake from his father! Admit it, this is all a ploy. You're desperate." replied Neram as he considered his options and considers more of what Yratha said, his voice growing darker and more touched by emotion. Perhaps she struck a cord?

Regardless he kept his option well within his grasp, just in the slimmest chance that she had something else up her sleeves asides from these transparent ruses.

In between

Trying to expect the unexpected that is the future, Neram carefully restructured the flow of temporal energies that passed through him, trying to maintain a balance in order to be able to react to... well, anything.

Resetting Tick and Tock to one each.

And now

A visage of grim determination had set heavily upon Neram as he gazed about the chaotic scene. The wefts and flows of the future lay ahead of him. After all, a great sage once said 'If you pick a fight with devils, better be stronger than the hells', and as Neram stood back his vision clouded and focused... and he could see just that. The Black Presbyter would fall, that much was assured.

Spending 1 Tick (to get 1 Tock) to use Oracle, choosing the Black Presbyter to be the one to die.

Oracle posted:

Oracle
When you go into battle, spend 1 Tick. Name one person who’ll die OR one person who’ll live.
Don’t name a PC; name NPCs only. The GM will make your vision come true if it’s even remotely possible.

The old man turned to his comrades that had not already joined the fray. "I am going to use the ornithopter once more, make an ascent... and face that fiend and its cohorts. Who wants to join me?" he inquired, his voice strong and decisive as he looked over those that remained.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 7/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 2 | Determination: 0 | XP: 2/9

I cough up some blood, and spit it out, I pull myself back to me fight and break into another run, my form collapsing into a Hawk.
Shapeshift 8
Fly into battle
The Hawk screams as it flaps skyward, up and up, until it turns and stoops. Wings tucked close to the body and adding gravity to it's momentum, the Hawk streaks back toward the guardian. At the last moment, wings and talons extend to slash across its eyes.
Hack & Slash 6 +xp
:ohdear:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

much better

Sammi
SInce the sentry had explicitly readied itself for anything that might appear from your direction, I'd say that revealing yourself would be a Danger to Defy. On the other hand that would make for a large number of rolls for one post's worth of action. The other way to look at it would be that since the move you used is defined as "Move with great speed and dexterity" a successful use of it would imply you dodge any threats. I'll go with the latter for now.

A split second after you blast off from your hiding spot a loud screeching noise hits your ears and you feel a blast of heat on your back. Its the sentry's attack, a lance of hard light fired from it's baton. You notice a sizeable boulder having been shattered by the impact, just where you were less than a moment ago.
You grab Aziza, breaking her fall. She changes into a bird to return to the fray herself but the sentry has already turned to fire at you again.

Desiderio
The spider swarm beeps and boops furiously as you reveal yourself. There's at least a hundred of these things. The sentry jerks its face at you but can't react in time before the rope tightens around it's leg. "Heeeere... goes! Hahaha!" The boulder falls and the giant flips over like it had slipped on a banana peel. It goes down with a loud clang of metal on rock and slides at high speed at you. It drops it's weapon hastily to dig both of it's hands into the dark, volcanic ground. Sparks fly off it's fingers but there's no slowing down. Until it just stops. Your rope flails past you, down the mountain side but the giant remains on it's back ahead of you. The rope failed. The spiders! They must have cut it.
The giant starts pulling itself back on it's feet. It might have lost it's weapon but it's still a huge foe. Then a bird slaps at it's face.

Aziza
you tear your claws across the shadows of the giant's eye sockets. It recoils from you but you don't feel the softness of tearing flesh, rather your claws hit hard metal. (Hurting your toes quite a bit.) The sentry falls back down, leaning on it's elbow. Before you can do more a shadow falls on you. You barely have time to notice a machine spider leaping at you before it falls upon you and brings you down to the rocky ground. You are left pinned under it, and in an instant several more are swarming around you. Their mouth parts flick open, and each one spews a jet of acrid chemicals on you.

Aziza takes: 1d4 4 damage, 1 piercing
Also take -1 forward.

Neram
Back then

quote:

"Admit it, this is all a ploy. You're desperate."
"... I still have enough. Enough to get you on Zeio's hit list." Silence. "Even if nothing else will stick he'll come for you sooner or later." Zeio presumably being another demon. "I don't care if he's enough to kill you. So help me or not." There is no emotion left on her face. "Either way I'll end my search here and now." She pricks her finger to get her blood on the contract. She's going to do it.

everyone
The sentry is prone but quick to take action. It raises it's fist high in the air, and in a flash strikes it deep into the ground with a sound of booming lighting. The mountain, already so strained, shudders and quakes. Vast cracks spread from the site of the giant's strike, dividing this ledge carved into the mountain's side in two. One side with the giant, spiders and the tower. On the other the house, Desiderio, Neram, Rory(?), Scar and Byro. The side you are on is starting to lean over, and slide down the mountain. It's collapsing!

the general idea

The house scampers up from it's hiding spot and runs away for the steep but stable mountain side, away from the tower. Byro looks to you "So we have a deal? Because I'll try to catch up with that thing if you don't want me tagging along."

Moving anywhere on the sliding, cracking area is dangerous. Doubly so is approaching the stable side where the sentry and most of the spiders wait.

Sammi
The sentry hasn't had a chance to get it's guard up, it's unarmed and focused on breaking the ledge the others are on. This is probably the best chance you'll have for getting close to it.

What do you do?

A word about the capstone. Otherwise I'm happy with the question of who exactly has it being handwaved, but if you are going to split up it should be decided what party has it with them.

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; On the collapsing ledge
Aziza------: HP: 3/19 Armor: 0; On stable ledge, under spiders
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On the collapsing ledge
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; In air, close to the stable area

Scar On the collapsing ledge
Byro On the collapsing ledge

Rory--------: HP: 20+1d6/27 Armor: 1; On the collapsing ledge?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 9/11 | Imagination: 2
Tags: Far, Forceful, Elemental - Ice

-Then-

Sammi was caught off guard by the movement. It was a surprisingly soft gesture. Disarming in it's own way. Having him so close, staring into her eyes, it sent her emotions in a flux state. She understood now why the woman of the villages they'd passed through had seemed so taken with him. She expected... well, Sammi wasn't exactly sure what she expected. But not his searing to aid her in earning vengeance.

You just have to laugh, and so she did.

Sammi laughed, she laughed until tears rolled down her face. She laughed until she was out of breath.

"It.... hehheheheheheheheeaaaaa! It's- It's a bit late for that..." She wiped away a tear. Trying to get herself back under control. "T-There's a lot more to my p-past then you know. B-But you've told me a story, i-it's only fair that I tell you m-mine." So she grabbed a chair and she did.

She told him of her early life, being happy with her family. Of the betrayal and murder. Of the years of cruelty she suffered at the hands of her father's buizness rival. Of Rags's apperance and the contract. Sammi spoke of becoming flame and torching everything. She spoke of the time spent wandering and their many adventures. Of his persona as the Minister for the Misuse of Magic. Of Rags's subtle manipulations of her. How she came to depend on him for everything. Of their meeting with the group in that stormy little fishing village. She choked up with she got to icarus. But forced herself to continue. Right up to the boltian nunnery, and the events that transpired within.

Sammi sat back, her life recounted. It felt... good? Like a weight had been lifted from her. She'd never talked that much in her life. Or at least that was how it felt. Sleep tickled at her eyelids.

"So... that's it. Everything. My crazy life. Master Goldrot probably died in the fire. But even so, I can't help the fear that he could return at any moment. Or Rags. I guess, I just want to be saved. Swept off of my feet and carried away to safety. Maybe it's stupid, but I think I deserve at least a little bit of happiness..." Sammi smiled to herself, she was fighting with herself to keep her eyes open. But she hadn't even noticed that while she'd been talking she'd stopped stammering.

"...H-Hey, Desi...? Could you protect me? Just for tonight? I want to feel... the warmth, of another person. Try and convince myself that it's all real, you know?"

-Now-

"Oh... OH!" Cog dodged out of the way, the beam was energized partials, the same kind that Ark used on Rags, but designed for a different purpose, it wouldn't de-power her. But it would certainly hurt like hell. Where these ancients at war with the Primes and their Monsters? Maybe it had information stored on it! Ether way, she needed to act fast. Targeting information flickered over her eyes as she took aim. Lining up the shot. The Data Spike would be fired at the thing, she'd seen the spiders could jump, and she didn't fancy her chances to fire on the move.

- - -
Making a device to hack into the golum and take control, communicate, and download data from it.

Jury-Rig (+INT): 2d6+3 7
-It works, but there's a quirk or complication
-It Breaks when you use it, it can be repaired but it'll take some time/concentration

- - -

The Data spike flew through the air, striking the giant. She could see it shatter. Obviously she'd not accounted for the armour it was crafted in. She hoped that wasn't the only one of them, she'd need time to fix it. But the connection was made! She could feel the data! Now she just had to use it!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 31, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Sammi
I just realized I forgot about the strange mutation from your first Monster move.
Eyes burning with Wyrd flame. What does that mean in practice?

Even though quite broken the spike remains lodged deep in the guardian's spine. The entity doesn't give up it's mind easily, the connection keeps slipping and warping until you bring it more or less under your hold. The first thing you manage to dig out is the foremost thing it's brain, the major causes of concern currently present. The first one is your group, the tower is on high alert so unknown actors shouldn't be let in. After that it gets more interesting.

quote:

EXTREME THREAT
Due to the tower functioning at reduced capacity, the mountain is rapidly nearing eruption.

EXTREME THREAT
Unknown intruders. A human and a Monster. Have barricaded themselves in the capstone chamber, at the very bottom of the tower. No clear information on the situation inside, but the tower fears that the capstone seating is continually suffering further damage.

MODERATE THREAT - UNCLEAR
Demons. They are classified as kill on sight, and these ones are even actively dismantling the tower to steal it away. However an order has been issued to ignore them. The order came from the one referred to as Ambassador, currently interfacing with the tower in the central control hub, located just above the ground floor. The Ambassador is a demon but was able to connect with the tower due to possessing high level access codes. It is only a matter of time before it gains absolute control over the tower and it's defenses.

Digging through the garbled data from your spotty connection is straining your processing power to it's limit. You manage to make the sentry enter a passive state, but going any further would expose your mind to the tower's security measures. If you do however, you could give it some simple orders.

If you perform an unsafe operation on the sentry you can have it perform one of it's monster moves for you. The sentry will follow you passively until you give it an order, after of which it will shut down.

Ancient Sentry moves posted:

Alter the battlefield forcefully
Control lesser constructs.
Crush like a bug
Give useful information about the tower.

everyone
The sentry has frozen in place but the spiders are still a problem.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Aziza------: HP: 3/19 Armor: 0; On stable ledge, under spiders
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On the collapsing ledge

Scar On the collapsing ledge
Byro On the collapsing ledge

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| Confused (-1 WIS) | True Love and High Adventure: 2

then
And so the night passed, the girl kept safe by the protective arm of the Serpent-Blessed swordswift, his gallant snores ringing in her ears.

now
"We have a deal!" yelled Desiderio to Byro as he and Scar leapt to relative safety.
Defy Danger +DEX: 2d6+2 9
"We need to clear our way through these spiders! Could someone more clever please get that door open!" He heard Katikeram's offer, and considered it. "Demons of that level must be confronted with truths in order make them vulnerable!" he shouted over the sturm und drang. "Big ones, the kind of revelations only you know, the kind you keep close to your own heart!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG

-Then (for the last time)-

Sammi fell asleep so fast that not even Desi's legendary snoring could rouse her. She felt safe, happy, warm, protected. A blissful dreamless sleep of contentment. She promised herself that she'd try and learn from his example, even as she learned the craft from Master Neram. But such thought drifted lazely away as she slumbered. A slight smile playing on her face from the one thing she'd truly desired all her life. A display of genuine human affection. Plus it turned out Desi was quite a good hugger.

-Now-

"OKAY! I've got the guardian under my control! I've not got the spiders though! Watch out for those!" Cog yelled as she flew upwards to get a better view of the fight. Aziza was getting swarmed. She wished she'd built her weapon with something with a little bit more area of effect. But still it could not be helped. She'd just have to play it by ear. At the very least she'd got the big one off of everyone's back. But even then they still had the demons to deal with...

Revelations, huh...?

Cog lined up a shot, she could at least try and pick of the spiders from here, if she got any closer they'd probably bring her to the ground. But she hesitated, she feared hitting Aziza. No she needed to be smarter than that. Think Cog! Think!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Desiderio

quote:

"We have a deal!"
"A- aha! Lead the way bossman!" Byro runs after you, but not without glancing over his shoulder for the house, now climbing down the perilous drop like a mountain goat. The ground shakes and crumbles beneath your feet, you manage to make it across without much troubles, but as you get near the stable area you can see that a sizeable rift has already formed between it and the falling side. You could still leap over there but the spiders are crowding right on the edge, brandishing screwdrivers and other attachements at you. You'd be diving right into them. Instead of that Scar could also use his tools to distract the machines.
If you plow through the spiders take (1d4 damage, 1 piercing) and a -1 forward.
If you send Scar first you won't suffer but lower his awareness by 1.
Either way you get to safe ground.

Sammi
Down below Desiderio's entourage is approaching. The spiders do their best to deter them but the little automata are clearly not built for combat. As your companions break though their line the swarm scatters revealing Aziza from below them. Without the giant sentry's directions they spread around chaotically. Your weapon wouldn't be able to hit more than one at a time now. Eliminating any noticeable number of them would now be hard but at least they aren't a threat while they remain scattered, but who knows how long that'll last.

everyone
You notice something moving above you. All the way up on the top shapes are gathering near the edge of the summit. The demons are taking notice of the commotion down here. Then there's a bright flash, and something falls over the edge. It still has ways to fall before reaching you but clearing this area would probably be a good idea.

The door into the tower is shut but there are also broken open sections higher up on it's walls. You could climb in through those but for now you have no idea where each of them leads. There are also still openings to the caverns around you. Those remain an option for accessing the tower's lower levels.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Aziza------: HP: 3/19 Armor: 0; On stable ledge
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On stable ledge

Scar With Desiderio
Byro With Desiderio

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 5, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/6 | XP: 1/11 | Weak (-1 STR) | Tick Tock | 1-Preparation | 2-Give Me A Moment

Then

Neram sighed. "I once met a wandering sage upon the roads. This is what they told me, which I will pass on to you. 'There is naught between heaven and earth but the moments that we cherish, and the fates of the multitude. Break these chains and be free.' Goodbye Yratha, may you find peace some day." is all he said as he placed a tiny (yet impeccably made) crystal hourglass in front of her, a souvenir from their time together. Then he was gone.

Now

Hmm. Troublesome. In another timeline there were a lot more people, not to mention - volunteers over here. Before all this 'ground being destroyed' business. And now time was of the essence, funny how often that comes up, really - maybe it's me? Though given the nature of the Hero amongst us, it could very well be him. But these thoughts would have to wait.

The world slowed for the old man as he considered all that could happen or was about to happen.

Spending 1-Tock (for 1-Tick) to use Give Me a Moment:

quote:

Give Me A Moment
When you slow time to a crawl to give yourself a moment to react, spend 1-Tock and hold 2. You
can spend 1-hold to do one of the following:
• You walk around - move somewhere within Reach of you.
• You notice something you can use to your advantage.
• Roll +INT to Defy Danger instead of what the GM tells you to roll.

As he readied his reactions to deal with the onslaught that would soon occur the old man was already climbing aboard his Ornitopter.

"To the air!" he shouted, waiting for someone to rapidly board, otherwise he would go it alone - something that has occurred many times in the past. "It's do or die!" he continued as he gestured for someone nearby to board the vehicle, the engines already having been coaxed to life as its wings flexed and its insectile form whirred to motion, ready to lift off at any time.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG

...Or the spider bots could scatter like leaves on the wind. That was good too. Now they just needed to get inside the tower. She started making her way over to the rest of the party quickly. There was no telling what that thing they dropped might be. She most certainly didn't want to be out here to find out.

"C-Come on! We need to make a break for one of the entrances!"

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| Confused (-1 WIS)

Let Scar take care of that foolishness

Scrambling to his feet, Desiderio had but a moment to take in the situation. He spat with frustration, then came to a decision. "You two!" he shouted to his erstwhile henchmen. "Protect the girl!" Without explaining himself, he leapt forward, sword in one hand and gripped the strut of Katikeram's ornithopter, swinging into the passenger seat.

"It is just you and I again, friend Katikeram," he said. "Let us hope this is not our last adventure. Victory or death!"

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/6 | XP: 1/11 | Weak (-1 STR) | Tick Tock | 1-Preparation | 2-Give Me A Moment

"Then let it be so!" shouted Neram, the momentum of the present buoying his aged frame along for once as he tapped into the power source at the centre of the Ornithopter, causing it to briefly shed a mote of pale white light as the wings flap faster and faster and Neram's 'steed' begins its ascent, the hero along for the ride.

• Locked thread