Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

We already are ya dingbat

yeah i mathed it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Seagull posted:

then again same thing for if we ever lynch wrong again

As Bif and I have already explained. If we lynch wrong now - we lose

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote no lynch

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
##vote no lynch

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
##vote no lynch

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
But don't we already have a pretty good chance of hitting scum if it's 3 scum of say 5 or 6 suspects? that's a 50+% chance.

I'm most likely town from bulletproof, Bif is confirmed, Slip is confirmed, so by my logic 3 out of 5 suspects are scum, (bowmore, Gwynplaine, Infinitum, Seagull, Venom) If we no lynch today, scum could just kill me, Bif or Slip and the same 5 suspects would remain.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

But don't we already have a pretty good chance of hitting scum if it's 3 scum of say 5 or 6 suspects? that's a 50+% chance.

I'm most likely town from bulletproof, Bif is confirmed, Slip is confirmed, so by my logic 3 out of 5 suspects are scum, (bowmore, Gwynplaine, Infinitum, Seagull, Venom) If we no lynch today, scum could just kill me, Bif or Slip and the same 5 suspects would remain.

bulllllshit

and your talkign pretty good vs us losign the game and I'm not taking the risk

yiure not most likely town period id vote for you in a heartbeat

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If you think I'm town we have a 75% chance of hitting scum
if you think I could be scum we have a 50% chance of hitting scum.

The best case scenario is the odds in our favour, the worst case is a shot in the dark 50/50.

inaction just puts the ball in their court, if we're already contemplating giving them a free night without any consequence for them then we've already lost.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

If you think I'm town we have a 75% chance of hitting scum
if you think I could be scum we have a 50% chance of hitting scum.

The best case scenario is the odds in our favour, the worst case is a shot in the dark 50/50.

inaction just puts the ball in their court, if we're already contemplating giving them a free night without any consequence for them then we've already lost.

holy poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

so are you bulletproof or lynchproof!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I know I'm town, I know bif is town and I know slip is town, assuming 3 scum are left that's a 75% chance of lynching a scum out of the remaining pool. Why are we throwing these odds away, we've already lynched Birdstrike by going through the list. and I think Tirade deducted there's a 80-90%(?) chance of a second scum being on the list.

Anidav
Freudian Slip
Birdstrike
SKY COQ

Venom Soag
Zetsubou-san
Beetphyxious
Bifauxnen
iajanus

Tirade posted:

Yup. To put it another way, there's a greater than 80% chance that there's at least two scum on that list.

bowmore posted:

so are you bulletproof or lynchproof!

lynchproof, sorry.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Statistics literally point to Venom being scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I know I'm town, I know bif is town and I know slip is town, assuming 3 scum are left that's a 75% chance of lynching a scum out of the remaining pool. Why are we throwing these odds away, we've already lynched Birdstrike by going through the list. and I think Tirade deducted there's a 80-90%(?) chance of a second scum being on the list.

Because if we mislynch today we lose just as hard as if we mislynch tomorrow! So why not give ourselves one more chance to whittle down the list or catch scum with night action something or other!

And why are you going on about that list bullshit which I already debunked, if you are town you are gonna lose this game cause I'm gonna vote for you just outta spite :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But no matter what we do, scum will not kill out of that pool of 5 and we lose a town so we have the same odds with less voting power(convincing power). 3/5 no matter today or tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There is no change in "voting power". The situation remains the same: ALL LIVING TOWN must vote correctly in agreement!

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

Statistics literally point to Venom being scum.

:psyduck:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I feel like a no lynch is very very pointless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Word up for next game, if I go with the "Machiavellian" Celestial Ludemberg gambit again,this is why

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also Anidav didn't read my math analogy I worked so hard on, this hurts my feelings. :cheeky:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Disregarding Tirade's statistics, we still have a 75% chance.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

I feel like a no lynch is very very pointless.

Anidav your lofic would just have cost is the game

I can't believe your that dumb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For real though, I think bowmore is scummier than Anidav for basing it on little more than "whoooah what if he was a lynchproof godfather man"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I just want to nail scum, the urge is strong and a no lynch is the direct opposite of this urge.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If we don't have the discipline to avoid loving up LYLO tomorrow, we do not have it for today either. The chances of anything changing tomorrow are slim. But for someone yammering on about the stats so much you should want to grab that slim chance.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So a 75% chance to hammer scum from a 5 person pool vs a very slim chance this 75% chance will change? I'm just trying to convince myself for town's sake.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

They'll probably go for me as the confirmed one (or FS who's the closest) so our odds don't actually change. I don't know if we have any powers left to gently caress up their plans and reveal new insight tomorrow. But we might as well find out cause if there's 3 scum we're just as dead if we mislynch today.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would rather take the chance now where we all have time to discuss the chance whereas tomorrow we have one less voice.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Even you seem to agree that we are surrendering a voice for practically nothing.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bowmore and seagull gone whisper quiet during this fracas btw

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

this isbt time to be takign it easy

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Venom Soag posted:

Bowmore and seagull gone whisper quiet during this fracas btw

there's nothing more to add - bif's correct that ultimately it's best to wait it out

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
actually does anyone have ideas about how the lovers thing happened

is toml just loving with us and some have secret things or do you think someone has a power that did that

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Seagull posted:

is toml just loving with us and some have secret things or do you think someone has a power that did that

like makign two people lovers as a power?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Venom Soag posted:

like makign two people lovers as a power?

yeah

because if a town has done that inopportunely or if scum have that power (unlikely since that'd be a ridiculously powerful set up) we could potentially lose by not lynching

alternately we could be guaranteed a loss in general because they hosed it and tied a town to a scum again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Seagull posted:

Actually yeah, this is a good point, this might be a good time for the massclaim stuff Beet's always going on about.

Unless I totally missed it, correct me if I did, bowmore has never claimed poo poo and Gwyn has only jokeclaimed(?) Lynchbomb. Not gonna push Inf just get though.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
The most popular lynch option today was me, to get hammered by bif. The result would be two dead town. Of course anidav is pushing for a lynch, still.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just yet*

Most interested in bowmore and Gwyn's claims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So you're claiming you were serious about the lynchbomb, huh? I find this a bit suss in a game with the whip stuff and lots of modkill potential AND a lovers power already flipped, maybe that's your real power.

• Locked thread