Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Does that include cheese and sour cream?

The one I had didn't have sour cream but I don't see any drawbacks to it, nice work Gwyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also worth noting that this game didn't have any trackers, watchers, bus drivers, vigs, paranoid gun owners

sk and i were trying to create a game that wouldn't wind up being about "well what if the bus driver flipped the watcher and the tracker so that when the paranoid gun owner was vigged by the doctor" etc etc etc

so on that level i think we succeeded

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
at some point I will run another Archer game it will be a bit different

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Birdstrike posted:

I've yet to come across a better real life topping than chilli con carne

objectively correct

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i had fun this game, thanks for running it

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I think the game was balanced, for every kick rear end power given to someone generally pretty sly (FS) there was a gently caress your own team power given to someone who generally pings people (muggins here)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Oh man, yeah. I got hosed on that last time.

Code talk is simply not as good as people think it is.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like the concept of the whip but not in its current implementation. IE, constant shitposting shouldn't be used to escape the whip - a minimum number of posts perday might not be a bad idea

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Only downside of that is if there's a really quick vote+lynch and half the players die.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

##vote chilli con carne

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
shout out to scum leader FS for smart play after smart play, a real pleasure to work with.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

tithin posted:

I like the concept of the whip but not in its current implementation. IE, constant shitposting shouldn't be used to escape the whip - a minimum number of posts perday might not be a bad idea

At which point you can assess someones content. But at least you're guaranteed content to assess.

Gives you a chance to look out for 'nahs' 'allears' and 'ironicats'

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

At which point you can assess someones content. But at least you're guaranteed content to assess.

Gwyns on point

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Venom Soag posted:

shout out to scum leader FS for smart play after smart play, a real pleasure to work with.

Thanks dude

It was great playing with the diamond dogs. I even learnt what CQC means!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That's why we need Superwhip, turn up the hotplate.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Anidav posted:

What's the best thing to cook on a hotplate do you think? I think hiroshima style houmen yaki.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Anidav posted:

No it needs to be something more concrete, like a 10 post minimum per day each day, so that it can't be manipulated by the scum team.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Gwynplaine posted:

What's the best thing to cook on a hotplate do you think? I think hiroshima style houmen yaki.

Hot pot.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What an excellent result. Great setup by TOML and SK.

I really regret my sloppy play on D2. I'd love to say my IPA hatepost was an elaborate plan to exonerate Bif in death and while I'm glad it turned out that way in reality I was just doing it to gently caress with Thomas

I am a very irresponsible cop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Come get your shitpost on, game won't start till at least next week :getin:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gwynplaine posted:

This is correct. It would work best with longer days I think.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Super fun game toml and SK, thanks heaps for running it!

I'll be honest, I still hadn't figured out which group was which at the end. Bowmore's five days of not posting followed by a roleclaim and full attack on gaspy reminded me heaps of the all-vanilla game where bowmore and I became the town cop and doc, so I was pretty skeptical of it.

Regarding the word powers, it was a decent idea but by about day 3 everyone had wised up to the fact that there was word-activated powers and so became cagey about whether to engage. I think it helped scum more than town in that the scum team would have recognised that the word list for each day was related and all members could take turns prodding for words, or else look for town players that were also pushing for wordchat to become priority targets.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I will say, I lucked out big time. I tend to use a lot of north american terms so it wasn't that weird when I said ketchup instead of tomato sauce.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I was also sceptical on Bowmore just for how much shade he'd largely heaped on himself during the game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

No scumdoc? :cheeky:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Venom Soag posted:

Yeah i enjoy playing fs scum. I think he was on the vanilla game where they claimed cop and everyone believed them?

I think I'm narrowing in on his play style though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

No it needs to be something more concrete, like a 10 post minimum per day each day, so that it can't be manipulated by the scum team.

Nah I I liked the current whip mechanic.

Players don't have to vote for it, numerous games with lurking scum though meant we were probably more than likely to utilise it.

I propose we rename it to the whiip though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Super fun game toml and SK, thanks heaps for running it!

I'll be honest, I still hadn't figured out which group was which at the end. Bowmore's five days of not posting followed by a roleclaim and full attack on gaspy reminded me heaps of the all-vanilla game where bowmore and I became the town cop and doc, so I was pretty skeptical of it.

Regarding the word powers, it was a decent idea but by about day 3 everyone had wised up to the fact that there was word-activated powers and so became cagey about whether to engage. I think it helped scum more than town in that the scum team would have recognised that the word list for each day was related and all members could take turns prodding for words, or else look for town players that were also pushing for wordchat to become priority targets.

Oh poo poo maybe it was Tirade not FS.

My bad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Tomls iajanus victory post.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That was a real fun game to spectate, I just wish I was quick enough to request an invite.

Birdstrike posted:

Presign me.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UOLVty7KyfRzyf0F6fjy8YkaIEklNnZah5-0RhSTWA4/htmlview#gid=0

hope that link works

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thanks, I'd just missed it while boggling at the 3P victory!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

aww gwyn

im reading your day 1

:(

my scum hunting seems to actually be to mentally antagonize people.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

arsebeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh wow, big d&m about beet.

and i wasn't invited.

rude

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Late to the party but that was very interesting to watch. Great game.

Those On My Left posted:

town also had a rough time losing Sky Coq and MMG. If that hadn't happened you'd have had an extra cop for a while (albeit a slightly nerfed one), and just an extra townie. at least it would have prolonged the game maybe enough for you guys to figure things out.

speaking of which, i experimented with two things this game:

1) powers that trigger if you can get someone to say a certain word

2) the whip

i'd welcome feedback on either

On 1) It was not cool that FS' password was shared in scum doc and then Birdstrike could activate it just by saying it. BS said it D1, but Beet only quoted the word sauce until D3 when he actually said it, but FS used BS to tie the two together N1. By all means let scum share passwords so they can bait town into saying them, but don't let them trigger the power unless the passwords are hidden. It's just giving scum a freebie. The game would've been very different if FS had to choose to use his power on iajanus or Tirade N1 or wait in case they got lucky and baited Beet into saying it. Which they did, but they couldn't have known when/if that would happen.

e: I'm assuming the password wasn't going to change every day there, my bad. Still would've been way more tense if they had to bait Beet with a new word after codewords were outed as a thing.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jan 20, 2016

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thanks for running the game TOML and SK. As a victim of the whip I don't mind it, I just had a really busy day and didn't get to post much rather than intentionally lurking.

All I'd recommend is longer days, 12 hour days mean having a busy day with work or family misses the whole thing. I'm taking a break from Mafs anyway since my schedule is all over the place until I'm back at work anyway :)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also I will probably start stealing whip at some point. Not for my next game because it's going to be a weird setup and I'd rather not make it weirder, but for more normal games I'll use it for sure.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

thanks, I'd just missed it while boggling at the 3P victory!

I aim to distract :sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

aww gwyn

im reading your day 1

:(

my scum hunting seems to actually be to mentally antagonize people.

It's my issue entirely. I'm gonna smash through it. Mafia oughtta be fun, and people should play it like they wanna.

Honesty kinda embarrassed I went to pot

• Locked thread