Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
Great work, everyone. Big ups to iajanus for an amazing success rate. TOML definitely did the majority of the work here and deserves all the credit, I was mostly just a sounding board and backup mod in case life intervened in the smooth operation of the game's night phases, flips and opening posts.

This was a fun game to watch, especially the linguistic torture people put themselves through trying to get the codewords said. Anime Dave somehow getting bowmore to say 'fries' was a particular highlight. Sauce chat also excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Beet, you never told me what my tells were that I stopped doing so you finally thought I was town! :v:

(Gaspy doesn't count cause he was just faking his read)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Beet, you never told me what my tells were that I stopped doing so you finally thought I was town! :v:

(Gaspy doesn't count cause he was just faking his read)

your biggest scum tell is casing me.

dont' case me when you're town and you'll be right :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

It's my issue entirely. I'm gonna smash through it. Mafia oughtta be fun, and people should play it like they wanna.

Honesty kinda embarrassed I went to pot

it's not your issue if birdstrike and the docklands greasers are also skeeving off my play style.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beetphyxious posted:

your biggest scum tell is casing me.

dont' case me when you're town and you'll be right :v:

That's actually pretty spot on... :mad:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol.

seriously there's no tell, i just kind of pick up some sense from you, more a vibe than a particular tic that i could point to. i just feel you come across a bit more mischievous in your machinations, like you really enjoy the deceit as scum.

so what happens is sometimes when you're town i suspect your mood on the day and how much you're enjoying the game obviously affects how you type / present yourself and i confuse that with the 'above'. so then we slap and cry a lot.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I haven't played much with you Bif, but when you were scum you came across as guarded but in control, when town your discomfort of not knowing what's going on shows through. Not very helpful as a tell you can work on but it's a different vibe. FWIW I've observed other games where you've been town and the paranoia hasn't come through, but that was what got me going "town" this game even before Coqicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This was my first ever non-town game and I'm still yet to be scum. I'm really curious how taxing all the lies will be since it seems like it would be a massive challenge.

• Locked thread