Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Late to the party but that was very interesting to watch. Great game.

Those On My Left posted:

town also had a rough time losing Sky Coq and MMG. If that hadn't happened you'd have had an extra cop for a while (albeit a slightly nerfed one), and just an extra townie. at least it would have prolonged the game maybe enough for you guys to figure things out.

speaking of which, i experimented with two things this game:

1) powers that trigger if you can get someone to say a certain word

2) the whip

i'd welcome feedback on either

On 1) It was not cool that FS' password was shared in scum doc and then Birdstrike could activate it just by saying it. BS said it D1, but Beet only quoted the word sauce until D3 when he actually said it, but FS used BS to tie the two together N1. By all means let scum share passwords so they can bait town into saying them, but don't let them trigger the power unless the passwords are hidden. It's just giving scum a freebie. The game would've been very different if FS had to choose to use his power on iajanus or Tirade N1 or wait in case they got lucky and baited Beet into saying it. Which they did, but they couldn't have known when/if that would happen.

e: I'm assuming the password wasn't going to change every day there, my bad. Still would've been way more tense if they had to bait Beet with a new word after codewords were outed as a thing.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I haven't played much with you Bif, but when you were scum you came across as guarded but in control, when town your discomfort of not knowing what's going on shows through. Not very helpful as a tell you can work on but it's a different vibe. FWIW I've observed other games where you've been town and the paranoia hasn't come through, but that was what got me going "town" this game even before Coqicide.

• Locked thread