Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you ready for this
yes
hell yeah
YEAAAAAAH
hey yo it's ya boy
View Results

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

*Blue Justice, I choooose you*

(Black Tangled was modkilled for mixing Japanese franchises.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

I will be Bullet Bill Shorten

With the power of zingers

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

i "promise" not to send any code to gwyn

Is there another brother?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Curiosity question: Are the town and scum roles already assigned to a character? And we're picking what team we're on when we choose a character?

Quick Anidav! Start looking for flavour clues!

Nah, the world is "corrupted" and everything is upside down and unpredictable.

I have given myself a PR and will only post as Blue Justice e.g whizzing sounds, explosions, coins hitting the ground and expletives from victims.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Senor lowtax won't let me post an image alone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

So excited about killing lurkers. Good thing SK isn't in this game. :P

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

SKY COQ posted:

Push him into the Yarra.

Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6JxGC5H3sU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Oh yeah it's on.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Seagull posted:

Howdy neighbours

It's infinitum

totally...

Small Keating posted:

i will modkill you

you're drunk with power

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

Not wanting the whip to come into effect is a scum play IMO
I agree... setting themselves up in case they end up in a hiipfire scenario

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'll be lynched D1 for not answering this question correctly, creating a time travel paradox.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

How do we get a whip count? Manually? like a SUCKER?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

Now, if there was a silencing mechanic in this game, the mods would not be so broken as to give it to a member of the scum team - a little credit to them, please.

They would give it to town, because that would mean keep things interesting and make it someone imperative not just to keep posting, but to keep posting content, because then town would get annoyed/suspicious and shut them up, possibly condemning them.

role claiming already?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

okey beet let's do this

My role is Catalogue Shopper. At night I guess next day's lynch target, if correct I get an investigation. Works once.

This smacks of a faked role. It's really hard to achieve and you only get it once? And the prize is a single investigation. That just doesn't sound real to me. Also, since the momentum on a mass claim never took off, I don't understand why BS would bother posting it at all.

##vote birdstrike

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

Guess who is lynched tomorrow, if you're right you can cancel the lynch.

Cancel the lynch? I thought it was an investigation?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote black_tangled

Don't expect her to have read up on all the meta or the post I just made about it in this game, but just personally she probably should know better about how weird "faked roles" could bite you in a SK/TOML game.

Eek, what did I do wrong? I just honestly thought it sounded off balance.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

I read it as Birdstrike saying his role is kinda like an Oracle, then explaining what an oracle does when someone else asked.

Yes, that does make sense.

But his role doesn't sound that much like an oracle to me. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oracle

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, b_t and Birdstrike both sound kind of suss to me right now, but for different reasons.

b_t sounds scummy for jumping on the strangeness of how Birdstrike's role sounded in and of itself, before the confusion of him possibly contradicting himself. I'd just got done saying how the last TOML/SK game had interesting new invented roles, which hosed me over a bit with my "Catholic" role. I would expect her to know at least a little bit about this from knowing SK, and thus not use the strangeness of a role as the only reason to try and throw shade on somebody.

Birdstrike sounds suss too for coming out so quickly with his role. While I believe Beet is sincere about really wanting to play a massclaim game sometime, I think scum are more likely to volunteer this info first. A townie will be more reluctant to claim since if they're vanilla, it puts pressure on the power roles, and if they got a cool role, they want to try and stay hidden. A scum however, would be eager to "prove" themselves by demonstrating their power and usefulness instead of casing.

fair point regarding catholic Bif, though my memory is not as good as yours regarding what actually happened (a year ago?) but I also mentioned the above point regarding BS in that same post.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

b_t's post twigged my scumdar too, mostly from the way it was phrased. I'd be interested in hearing gaspy's analysis of the post.

Tirade posted:

I read it as Birdstrike saying his role is kinda like an Oracle, then explaining what an oracle does when someone else asked.

If BS flips as scum, I would read the above posts as scum floundering for a new target without it looking like an OMGUS, plus a coordinated defense.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

yeah im at work took whole tea break to read tgread

BIG BOSS assessment

beet town
gwyn town
seagull scum goign for the lazy bus
infinitum scum

linguistic assessment
tangled scum
bif not refging at all got me worried

Your linguistic assessment skills are lacking

Townspeople: reverse the above alignments + add venom as scum

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

Gaspy dared to suggest that b_t's post, that you and I also thought strange, was scummy. Therefore it's a conspiracy of three scum accusing her, rather than a more likely scum slip up.

Not specifically, he just made a random claim that I was linguistically questionable, which is laughable given I've never even played with "Venom Soag" before. Or is it Gaspy? I'm confused.

So it's kinda weird that you would jump to the conclusion that he was referring to that specific post Tirade.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##unvote /b]

I really don't think it's infinitum.

[B]##vote anidav

He was more helpful and engaged in the last game as a townie.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:ghost: I demand blue JUSTICE :ghost:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:ghost: this game would be so much better with bt :ghost:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

WELL IT WAS FUN TO WATCH THANKS FOR KILLING ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey was anyone on deck for another game soon? I came up with an awesome idea that will take almost no time at all to get started.

I would play a game

Also maybe when I have a break I might mod a care bears theme where everyone has to BE NICE :P

• Locked thread