Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Isn't it still "in production"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
According to my aunt:

There are so many gay and "feminine" men these days because of soy in baby formula for the last few decades. This is happening as a result of "satan trying to destroy god's creation." Apparently god's creation is super manly men.

WHO KNEW!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CherryCola posted:

According to my aunt:

There are so many gay and "feminine" men these days because of soy in baby formula for the last few decades.

I've heard a lot of people say this and it's apparently because of some connection with estrogen-like compounds found in soy.

CherryCola posted:

This is happening as a result of "satan trying to destroy god's creation." Apparently god's creation is super manly men.

WHO KNEW!

This uh... this is new, though :psyduck:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Mak0rz posted:

I've heard a lot of people say this and it's apparently because of some dubious connection between compounds found in Soy and estrogen receptors.

This uh... this is new, though :psyduck:

Everything used to be because of the government, but she was recently "born again." So now everything is the devil trying to destroy God's creation.

Also, my cousin from St Louis just barely avoiding saying the N word when talking about Ferguson. First she called everyone "thugs," then moved on to literally calling them "Ns." Dude, Just saying the letter doesn't actually make it any better.

edit: I should note that one of my aunt's oldest friends is a gay man. I feel really bad for him right now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Roro posted:

Isn't it still "in production"?

It's about two weeks away.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CherryCola posted:

According to my aunt:

There are so many gay and "feminine" men these days because of soy in baby formula for the last few decades. This is happening as a result of "satan trying to destroy god's creation." Apparently god's creation is super manly men.

WHO KNEW!

Well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpPsbkHzrok

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Fresh squeezed orange juice is an interesting choice to symbolize machismo.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well
1. Catherine the Great wasn't russian, she was Prussian so that is not necessarily a good comparison.

"Catherine" is simply the Anglified version of "Екатерина" (Jekaterina). And it's hardly relevant that she was from Prussia, given that her original name was Sophie Auguste Friederike von Anhalt-Zerbst.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

CherryCola posted:

According to my aunt:

WHO KNEW!

Well, Jesus was a carpenter, which is kind of a Lumberjack, and they're the manliest men.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Do Jews celebrate Thanksgiving?"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Practical Demon posted:

I'll say.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My brother recently spoke to me at great length about how fluoride is poison, it has no scientifically proven benefits and is essentially the government forcing fake medicine on us without our consent, and he wants to get some kind of water filtration system to filter out the fluoride from his tap water. He lives three states away from me and I don't talk to him that often so I don't know if he's succeeded yet.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

DorkusMalorkus posted:

My brother recently spoke to me at great length about how fluoride is poison, it has no scientifically proven benefits and is essentially the government forcing fake medicine on us without our consent, and he wants to get some kind of water filtration system to filter out the fluoride from his tap water. He lives three states away from me and I don't talk to him that often so I don't know if he's succeeded yet.
Does he live in Pawnee, Indiana ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUcJSfS9YWw

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Close, it's Tulsa, Oklahoma, the armpit of the nation.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Today: "One time a woman tried to pay me rent with sex. I didn't do it, but I thought about doing it too long. Later that winter God froze a pipe and flooded an entire floor of my apartment building to punish me."

Oh gently caress you.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Jan 17, 2016

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Practical Demon posted:

Obligatory. (Not really :nws: but I'd have a hell of a time explaining this poo poo to my boss.)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
More o_0 than stupid, but today a guy that I was playing a boardgame with said "I bet your cat would taste pretty good!" out of nowhere.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Obligatory. (Not really :nws: but I'd have a hell of a time explaining this poo poo to my boss.)

So is orangina... like a drink or soap or hair product?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

No one can make that decision for you.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Check out the comments on this.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Mak0rz posted:

I've heard a lot of people say this and it's apparently because of some connection with estrogen-like compounds found in soy.

Is this an example of something stupid you've heard or do you actually believe eating soy alters hormone levels?

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Redbeard posted:

Is this an example of something stupid you've heard or do you actually believe eating soy alters hormone levels?

Soy has large amounts of naturally occurring isoflavones which mimic estrogen in the body. It doesn't affect how much estrogen you have or turn into it, just how well your body absorbs and uses it. Doctors have pretty much agreed it shouldn't be fed in high amounts to infants, children or people with hormonal disorders (like me). It's definitely something that should be looked at if you're in those three categories, otherwise unless you're chugging a gallon or two of soy juice everyday it doesn't matter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean the scoring system, judges and athletic commissions are bad for MMA but what's your problem with it as a sport in general?

It's hard to take someone seriously as an authority on sports in a Tapout sleeveless shirt.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Redbeard posted:

It's an example of something I heard, yes. I'd need to see ample evidence of vegan bitch tits to believe it.

E: or just read the better response by horrible smutbeast

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hihohe posted:

So is orangina... like a drink or soap or hair product?

It's like a pulpy, sparkling orange drink (contains like 3% drink juice). It's a popular drink in France and other parts of Europe. I like it, give it a shot.

E: It's actually 12% juice and 2% pulp, just checked.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Jan 17, 2016

brotato
May 14, 2013

Roro posted:

"No, I'm not vaccinating my child/pet, because vaccines contain autism drugs/acid/only need to be given once and then they're fine (pet exclusive response)!"

Go catch the plague.
I love the idea that legally required rabies vaccines gave my cats autism.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

brotato posted:

They were like that before the vaccine.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's like a pulpy, sparkling orange drink (contains like 3% drink). It's a popular drink in France and other parts of Europe. I like it, give it a shot.

Should I wait for my deer mom to pour it on my cereal before jamming my loving face in the bowl, or grab the bottle the naked panda lady is using to hide her genitals?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

brotato posted:

I've heard that response from colleagues in other practices, but it sounds more like STDH to me. Usually you get the "it's acid!" or "they only need it once!" with pets.

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's like a pulpy, sparkling orange drink (contains like 3% drink). It's a popular drink in France and other parts of Europe. I like it, give it a shot.

Only 3% drink? That's a high level of carbonation.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

littlebluellama posted:

Only 3% drink? That's a high level of carbonation.

Whoops, I meant juice. My bad. :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's like a pulpy, sparkling orange drink (contains like 3% drink juice). It's a popular drink in France and other parts of Europe. I like it, give it a shot.

E: It's actually 12% juice and 2% pulp, just checked.

They dont make it like they used to though.
That proper bittersweet stuff in the little glass bottles kicked rear end.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dr_Amazing posted:

Check out the comments on this.

Oh man, that's the good poo poo right there! I'm just gonna post them all because holy hell these people are almost as dumb as chem trail believers.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They dont make it like they used to though.
That proper bittersweet stuff in the little glass bottles kicked rear end.

I basically grew up on the stuff as a kid, so I'm admittedly a little biased. :3: I can still get the little glass bottle variants here, at least at the French cafe here I go to once in a while.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Sitting at a donut shop trying to eat my donut and drink some milk. Dude behind me explains to his girlfriend his amazing idea:

"I'm going to plant weed in in the shape of a person's chakra so they're healthier and better for the body and mind. "

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
When I started my first year at uni on one of the first days I was talking with a small group of people I just met trying to make some new friends when this guy in a wheelchair rolls by. One of the girls in the group asked a question/wondered out loud "can people in wheelchairs break their legs?" There was some confused laughter when we asked her to clarify what she meant. She went on to explain "well, say they're paralysed from the waist down and they have no feeling or control of their legs at all, then, how do the legs know to break?" There was much "are you joking? you're not serious right?" She further explained "no but like, if the connection between the nerves and stuff in their legs is severed between them and the brain, then the brain can't carry messages to the legs to tell them to break right?"

Four years later and she still insists it was a completely legit question and there were plenty of others over the years which put no doubt in my mind she was being sincere.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"Montesano is bad! If it wasn't, the people in third-world countries wouldn't be burning the seeds!"

Because people in third-world countries are very scientific, you see.

E: my loving P key is broken.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Jan 20, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There was a dumb girl in a geography class that asked dumb questions all the time such as "when a country moves it's capital do they move a whole city to another place?"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

President Kucinich posted:

Sitting at a donut shop trying to eat my donut and drink some milk. Dude behind me explains to his girlfriend his amazing idea:

"I'm going to plant weed in in the shape of a person's chakra so they're healthier and better for the body and mind. "

In fairness if he knows his audience and manages to sell that correctly, he's going to be loving rich in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Freshman year of college, some dude came by to talk about Islam in our (very white) dorm. He talked about Ramadan, and said that among other things, it's a reminder to treat others well.

An RA put her hand up and asked "does that apply to non-muslims as well?"
"Well, yes."
"Oh. Because, 9/11 happened in September..."

He paused and then pointed out that Ramadan shifts each year, which I suppose is the most you can teach someone like that.

There is no good to come from posting conversations with your spouse.

• Locked thread