Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

CommissarMega posted:

I think El Estrago Bonito is talking about weapons like the Falx. The falx was used by the Dacian people in modern-day Romania, and was one of the weapons that could reliably hook itself past the large shields the legions used at the time, hence the need to adapt.

Then the Romans ended up adapting it for use as a siege hook iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

My Lovely Horse posted:

Clearly they need to have Sumo.

Olympic Sumo would rule so hard.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

tacodaemon posted:

I once had the idea of trying to convince stupid dudes that women started losing pubic hair in the 1990s because of the long-term effects of Chernobyl fallout, but I thought it was too far-fetched.

Nah, there's people stupid enough to believe it, you just gotta bait the hook!

• Locked thread