Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Non Serviam posted:

"doctors are only in it for the money. Toothpaste is bad for you. I think we should all just move to farms and research our own cures for cancer"

One of the nice things about an eventual cure for cancer will be the fact that it drives a billion quacks right the gently caress out of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
More o_0 than stupid, but today a guy that I was playing a boardgame with said "I bet your cat would taste pretty good!" out of nowhere.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

I got a co-worker who constantly splurts out things like "now I ain't no racist but them gypsies! They can't be trusted!"

We have Euro SA posters who literally post this poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

My mom's a nurse and apparently a lot of her coworkers fully believe that a full moon means their patients will be unruly that night.

Hospital workers are as superstitious as sailors and the Moon thing is a very common belief.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

Second hand report here. On the radio today a sort of editorial came on explaining that yes, Ted Cruz's parents were born in America so he counts as naturalized by laws in the books over 200 years old now. He sequed into that however by talking about a conversation he overheard recently at a cafe wherein a woman said:
"I like Ted Cruz as a candidate. But what if he actually can't be president? Even worse, what if he wins and then they find out he can't be? Then Biden will take his place..."
The newscaster was as dumbfounded as you.

Any outcome that results in President Biden is the best possible outcome.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VoteTedJameson posted:

Grad student: "Using a ruler to measure something is a colonial undertaking." You see measuring makes a thing knowable, which makes a thing controllable. This is "the crux of imperialism."

Not a joke. This occurred.

Never slapped anyone in a class before, but I might have in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Phosphine posted:

To be fair Catholics are Idolaters, though i'm not sure I'd call you pagans.

Haven't been to church since my grandmother's funeral, but I'm pretty sure that idolatry isn't one of the pillars of Catholicism.

• Locked thread