Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"Letting women do combat is the stupidest idea ever. The man that allowed that never even though what would happen if a guy slap's a woman's rear end!" WTF Grandpa :(

"Chewing gum sticks to your ribs."

"So guess what? They won't let Jacob into preschool without getting him vaccinations! It makes me so damned mad."

Also,

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Jan 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hihohe posted:

"Its called Star Citizen, its gonna be this really cool game. I gave them like 100 dollars on their Kickstarter."

I dont have the heart to break this guys bubble. :smith:

A friend on Facebook just said to me, "Wait, Star Citizen failed?" Poor guy was shocked, I wonder how much money he lost :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Today: "One time a woman tried to pay me rent with sex. I didn't do it, but I thought about doing it too long. Later that winter God froze a pipe and flooded an entire floor of my apartment building to punish me."

Oh gently caress you.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Jan 17, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

"Montesano is bad! If it wasn't, the people in third-world countries wouldn't be burning the seeds!"

Because people in third-world countries are very scientific, you see.

E: my loving P key is broken.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Jan 20, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Dahlia posted:

"Deodorant's not good for women! It can give you cancer."

A childhood friend's mom is a nurse and believes this. Of course, she also told my mom, "If you don't force your daughter to do sports, she'll just get into trouble!" that "Art isn't worth anything and you guys will never make money" (both of us are working artists) and she was all about crystals and angels and poo poo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

A blue law derail in another thread reminded me of this gem: "I'm glad that you can't buy beer here on Sundays. I mean think of all the women who have husbands that get drunk and beat them! At least they'll have a day when that won't happen."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

People are stupid as hell about identification. A few years ago I was in a gas station buying beer and the clerk informed me that since my ID was marked "learner's permit" rather than "driver's license" he couldn't sell me alcohol. I was 23, and it was an Arizona permit so it was very clear that I wasn't underage-- not only do people under 21 have their licenses marked "UNDER 21 UNTIL (date)" but they're oriented so they're thin and tall rather than short and long like normal IDs.

Sorry I didn't learn to drive when I was younger :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Honestly that princess is hella awkward.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Well, I guess if you're gonna be a goon, be a goon all the way.

Cat's cute.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Are beanies acceptable when it's fuckoff cold and you spun your own wool and had your mom knit them :ohdear:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON" 3="455545870 posted:

are you gonna have your mom do EVERYTHING for you, you baby?

At least my mom cares enough to teach me sweet old crafts :colbert:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Oil of Oregano does a good job of preventing colds.

Don't deny the power of oils just to sound cool, dweebs.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

CherryCola posted:

Well mom also believes that soy in baby formula is why there are so many effeminate and gay men and estrogen is the water is giving dudes tits. What's great is that she's super evangelical, so they soy is satan's way of "destroying god's creation." God's creation is apparently really macho dudes, btw.

How does she explain lesbians and us half-lesbians?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh :smith:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

The stupidest poo poo you've ever heard: "Don't deny the power of oils just to sound cool, dweebs"

Seconding this. Hah.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

As long as you're 21+ (and sometimes only 18) you can bring kids in. I'm more surprised a 9yo wasn't okay seeing a gory R movie. Do kids nowadays not watch all the horror movies and stuff they can get during sleepovers?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hell, in America most Walmarts (maybe still all?) refuse to carry unedited CDs. Like, you can get your violent video games and movies but god forbid someone buy music that says "gently caress" a few times.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Also, wow, crust snobbery isn't something I was really expecting to see.

Dude: goons.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

"Don't shave yer vag because then you'll only attract pedophiles."

As if woman flash their snatch around to attract men.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'm gonna guess it's mostly jealousy from the gross women that call themselves feminists but actually don't give a poo poo about actual equality as long as the rest of the women act like they "should". Seems like they overlap with the women that don't want other women choosing to be housewives.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

"The Constitution has a ton of references to the US being a Christian nation!" Grandpa when the hell did you read the thing last?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

A drunk cousin of a friend started yelling at my husband and I one night when she found out we identified as atheist, calling us murderers and rapists and thieves. We told her that we were just naturally good and that if she only behaved because she was afraid of getting in trouble, she was a worse person than us, and boy did that ever set her off. Don't drink and philosophize with strangers!

I make it a point to not drink with super-theists. I mean, hippies can be obnoxious with their poo poo but at least they love everyone.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Len posted:

Walmart calls them Assets. Asset Protection is also supposed to protect the employees but from my experience AP gives less than zero shits about their employees seeing as how I was ordered into an open top dumpster to push down scrap metal because the regional manager didn't "like how you can see the metal sticking out the top"

Assets in Walmart-speak only applies to the merchandise, that's why it's "asset protection" rather than "security." AP isn't supposed to protect the employees, that's "for management and cops to do". We weren't even supposed to investigate if something got stolen out of an employee car, because that's not what we were paid to do and because it didn't negatively affect Walmart's earnings. The entire job pertains to protecting Walmart's money. They even have a preferred quota of catches every month-- any business can legally punish a shoplifter with a bill, so that charge goes on top of whatever punishment they get for shoplifting. Usually each first-time lifter is charged $200-600, and since the merchandise would also have been recovered, that's pure free money for Walmart. My god I'm glad I got out of that shithole.

E: editing for clarity.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Len posted:

That isn't the speech the ap woman gave us during the remodel she swore her job was to look out for us too and it was obvious she gave no shits because the concept of giving the outside team water during the 100 degree days was insane to her. There were perfectly good drinking fountains inside.

Dude, all they care about is money for Walmart. Sorry :( I honestly hated it after a year, it was all "catch as many people as possible and get us that sweet money, no of course you can't use the cameras to see who stole that little girl's tablet, it's not Walmart property!" Never again.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Walmart sucks.

In other news, "embryo adoption." While this guy has his heart in the right place, embryo adoption just seems stupid as poo poo to me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...black-triplets/

E: also just ran across a "wool is murder and so is keeping hermit crabs as pets" PeTA bullshit site again. What the gently caress, maybe if you're worried about animals go after people that are actually, you know, hurting animals?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Apr 23, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah "team members" is kinda a Target thing. (Target is also a lovely, lovely place to work. Really even worse than Walmart and they pay less.)

Man I'm glad I now work at a place where everyone is referred to as "the other dudes that work here."

Scathach has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Apr 23, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Wait, really? My fiancee has worked at Target for like five years and thinks it's about as good as retail gets, she gets decent pay, and they're not dicks when she wants vacation time or something.

I worked there for four years, had perfect reviews every year, was in charge of a team and training, and left only making $8.00/hr. It could have been the two I worked at though (Arizona), but it seems like they just really undervalue and overwork their employees.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I worked at Target for about a year too, that poo poo loving sucked. I'm just really, really ready to get out of retail.

You know, retail isn't so bad when you find a place that isn't poo poo. I just got a job at a smoke shop and have three coworkers, including the owner. It's a really damned nice place and I actually have say in what goes on around there to make things better. Places like Walmart and Target can gently caress right off though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

My boss and I are hiring a new person and today I was going throuh resumes. One woman had written half a page about all of her astrology certifications, and how good she is at diagnosing spiritual problems and predicting how babies will grow up.

We're a smoke shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Honestly, that sounds perfect for a head shop.

For the most part the customers are very chill, noncrazy people that just want their daily pack or three of cigarettes, maybe some beer, and the occasional quality bong. I haven't heard a single one yammer on about star signs or really anything weird. Not a single conspiracy theorist among 'em. I don't want to annoy them with some woo woo bullshit every time the moon full or some poo poo.

• Locked thread