Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
At a place I used to work, one day in the breakroom I heard a woman talking about a guy who wanted to return a fishing pole. He wanted her to take his fishing line off the reel for him; she didn't want to do it. He got a little pissy about it and it was probably not a good moment in her day.

But the woman in question was telling us how recently this man's unborn baby had been diagnosed with a potentially life threatening heart condition that would require dangerous surgery as soon as the baby was born.

And she thought this was proper karma. "What goes around comes around."

So the proper punishment for getting a little pissy with a cashier is to have to watch your new born baby suffer, struggle and possibly die.

I dunno. Do we have a "poo poo that makes you want to punch people" thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sugar rush doesn't exist, but why would anybody hand a four year old a full size Hershey bar and a can of Coke? A body that small doesn't really need all that caffeine.

And then they blame the sugar when the kid can't sit still.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Huntersoninski posted:

I've never seen anyone over the age of 9 cut the crusts off a sandwich. I think that's not really as widespread a thing as media apparently suggests.

I've never seen anybody under the age of 9 cut the crusts off. Do crust-intolerant kids actually exist outside tv/movies?

On the other hand-

Mu Zeta posted:

Americans cut off the crust because it's usually Wonderbread and they make absolutely poo poo products. The "crust" on those taste like old plastic and the white part is the only section that it is inedible.

FTFY

But the white part in the center has no flavor, so I guess kids can't object to it because they're too stupid to be disgusted by the texture.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

It's like the author doesn't even know what Minecraft is...

Oh no! Big bad parent took video game away from a kid who isn't even me!

And uh, building poo poo in the real world isn't the same as building poo poo in Minecraft. In Minecraft, you never have to explain to your mother why the picnic table is now a weight-bearing wall in a clubhouse.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
A woman a work says she won't vote for Hillary or any woman ever because "There are those few days every month..."

I don't know how she concluded that sentence because I walked away before I could get pissed off. I usually don't talk politics with anyone at work because it's really bad for my blood pressure and peace of mind, but I really want to go point out to this person that Hillary Clinton is 68 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Inner city minority in a poor and violent neighborhood: I need to find a way to get past the gangs and drug dealers to get to my job to try to take care of my family because my father is absent and my mother has a drug problem. My friend was gunned down by a rival gang for no reason and the police only to show up to harass the innocent. Our lights are shut off and our water is about to be canceled. My life is hell but I am trying the best I can.

Goons: B-b-but the solar system!!

A lot of the time it's more like this:

Urban lower middle class white kid and in a fairly decent neighborhood: I need to find a way to get my parents to give me the money to go to that concert this weekend because my father is a tightwad and my mother thinks I should go to a nice edifying museum. My friend is going with a really hot chick and there's a girl who'll go with me if I can just get a ticket. I'm too busy to do any homework and I'm about to get an F in science but I'm trying to pretend I give a poo poo about school while not actually learning anything.

Goons: B-b-but not being an ignorant fuckstick!

Edit: Spelling.

Filox has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Aug 15, 2016

• Locked thread