Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't want to go to hospitals anymore. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well if you're AB you don't want to be donating at all so presumably they'd test a small sample first? :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

:doh: Forgot about plasma. Yeah, guess they wouldn't need to know until transfusing it then.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"Ugh, they put petrol in this [hand sanitiser] too. Look, 'ethanol'!"

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The ACB and (by the sounds of it) the MPAA are both fuckers. Gee, it's almost as if people should be able to decide what's appropriate for themselves! :downs: All having it government run does is make the biased bullshit legally binding.

RareAcumen posted:

Is there an already existing thread about the MPAA? This is all pretty interesting.

Gotta second this request.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Feb 17, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"I'm Agnostic, but Australia is an Anglican country because that's the Queen's religion [which is why I am personally offended when you say 'God drat' :rolleyes:]"

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

no i'm pretty sure it's the insult "politicunts"

Content: Upon drinking an incredibly hard to find imported drink without asking: "I didn't know it wasn't for me." :what: That's not how ownership works you loving klepto.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I should clarify that it wasn't exactly out in the open - it was fairly obviously being reserved for a special occasion.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"Automatic" as in gun, I imagine. :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cadaver. posted:

Lived round the corner from Carbuncle Passage a few years ago D:
(:nms: :nws: for gross butt I guess)

Just pretend they meant this.

:3:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Absolutely not trying to shut the conversation down, but there's a thread for exactly this tucked away in SAL that I could see people missing: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3100175

(just skim past the arguments if you choose to catch up from the start, I gather it used to be in D&D)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TotalLossBrain posted:

I enjoy engaging my co-workers in managerial nonsense chat to see how long we can keep it up.
Lots of great phrases.

Please do the needful and revert.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I just watched a group get in an elevator that was very clearly going down from what was very obviously the top floor of a building, and declare that "Oh good, it's going up". From the indicator above the elevator door I could see that they rode it all the way to the bottom, then back up again, at which point they expressed confusion that they were back in the same place. :psyduck:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I... don't recall every seeing a Burger King when I went, actually, though judging by what other western chains do it would just be a transliteration.

On the whole cultural "appropriation" thing, and as thread content, I've heard someone use it as an argument against dubs before. :cripes:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

princecoo posted:

In Australia Burger King is pretty much the same but renamed "Hungry Jacks". Same style signs and lettering and menu. Just changed name.

I am Australian. :v: I just mean I didn't see either anywhere I went in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Intoluene posted:

Can't buy grog at the supermarket here (NSW) but pretty much every supermarket has an attached liquor store that gets labelled as a department by staff.

Same in SA.

E: Gah.

• Locked thread