Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
A old favourite in my workplace, often brought up when someone else says something poorly thought out, originally said by my former co-worker and dumbest non-retarded person I knew.

"Cockatoos can't fly."

Exhibit A:

Ah, but he had sound logic for his statement!

"Emus and penguins can't fly, so cockatoos can't."

He quit a while ago, and is busy freeloading off his astonishingly patient sisters and Centrelink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

princecoo posted:

How the gently caress does he think those big-rear end flocks get up in the gumtrees? What, there are marauding parades of cockatoos just waddling around Australia, climbing trees to screech at people then... just bungee jump themselves out?
If he'd said that in front of me I don't think I could have stopped myself from straight up asking him point blank if he was retarded.

We honestly don't know what he was "thinking", as he was the sort of clown who thought that simply repeating a statement over and over in a increasingly louder and more agitated tone of voice was sufficient to prove his point when questioned.

Everyone else insincerely agreed that either:

A: What appeared to be organic birds were actually small robots, made and controlled by nefarious secret forces.

B: The cockatoo slowly waddles around and climbs trees in a similar fashion to a possum or koala.

It's a pity that none of us had smartphones at the time, in order to bring up video of a cockatoo indeed flying.

He also claimed that my obviously British (and hated) manager at the time was French, and that evolution was disproved by the lack of apes spontaneously meta-morphing into humans in the present day.

He was unable to name any of the Ten Commandments, despite constantly reminding us that he was Christian. He also didn't know that Christian faith was split into denominations, when I asked him which branch of Christianity he followed.

And he claimed that cigarettes didn't cause cancer, on the grounds that his grandfather never contracted it, despite smoking his whole life.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

cult_hero posted:

(passing a display of kids' 'support our troops' signs) "Those kids are so dumb. Their flag only has 10 stars. What about the other 42?"

-My brother's mentally disabled baby mamma

Kindly ask her what the 51st and 52nd state are.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Thin Privilege posted:

Don't they test the blood once they get it? I wouldn't just take someone's word on what their blood type is.

Yep, in fact, one of the reasons I started donating blood was to find out what blood type I had.

They even gave me a keyring fob that has it engraved for the second time I donated.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

NLJP posted:

So my not-quite aunt was telling me that negative thinking is what causes cancer. I mentioned her positive thinking guru who has cancer. Never a connection was made in her mind.

10:1 that she said that: "He must have failed the system, the system cannot fail, the system can only be failed.", or words to that effect.

EDIT: Not to mention that if negative thinking caused cancer, the average goon would be dead at 19.

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Feb 13, 2016

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo
I think his point may have been related to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2605888/Woman-claims-PTSD-Twitter-cyberstalking-says-bit-war-veterans.html

(Yeah, I know it's the Daily Mail.)

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

ServoMST3K posted:

I don't think hitting children is needed or "right" in any sense, but I would loving love to smack someone next time I'm at the RMV. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Come to Australia or Britain, where throwing a temper tantrum in government buildings is both a pleasure and statically normal.

I've lost count of how many times staff at my local C-Link have received threats to be "smashed" by our local druggo population.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

MissEchelon posted:

Was it last year or the year before that someone wrecked up a centrelink office with a chainsaw? good times either way

2013 at a Greenway , Canberra C-Link.

I'm actually surprised that they responded with anything other than passive resignation towards said chainsaw. It seems to be the go-to attitude towards the belligerent, around here at least.

CONTENT:

Freely profess your ignorance of medicine? Clearly, you must be qualified to be entrusted with your child's life!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...1f06a5d297faa42

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Apr 10, 2016

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

RareAcumen posted:

Human capital sounds like something the mob takes from you when you can't pay your protection money.

5 years ago: Human Resources.
Now: Human Capital.
5 years from now: Human Chattel.
10 years from now: Human Cattle.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Tracula posted:

I will give Target credit since they're very LGBT friendly and fairly progressive from everything I know. Seeing angry bigots bitch about them catering to "dem faggots and trannys! :freep:" is definitely a joy.

Edit: I forgot the exact details but wasn't there a sheep somewhere that went missing for two years and it was literally a massive mangey ball of knotted wool? I think they got like 70+ pounds of it off of the poor create in the end.

Yep, Shrek.

http://www.earthporm.com/shrek-sheep-escaped-shearing-6-years/

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

"Why are you saying Reanimator is such a classic? There isn't even any rape"

But there was an attempted rape in the film. Does that count?

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

itt post the most ins anely pedantic linguistic-related posts u got

"Insanely" doesn't have a space in the word. :smugbert:

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The religion thing is pretty common. I almost never mention my religion to people because of this because there is a LOT of ideas about my religion mostly held by people who know nothing about it.

Jewish, right?

Also, Princecoo, ask her what she can tell you about me, a random internet stranger who is probably halfway across the world from you, using only my religion of "Lapsed Anglican".

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Sep 13, 2016

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sounds like she had a "being genocided" fetish. I doubt being the German one in the scenario would do much for her.

Actually, this is a surprisingly common thing in Mongolia and India.

Either they are somehow unaware of the actual ideals of Nazism, despite going to the effort of getting the uniform, or they are all for the superiority of the white race, despite the obvious fact that they are not white.

It's weird.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Strategic Tea posted:

I don't know why but other countries doing our racism incorrectly is even more infuriating than them just being racist on their own terms.

Maybe it's a combination of half-arsing it, and misunderstanding the basic tenets of the ideology.

Kind of like the 30-something white woman we all know, who follows a warped version of Buddhism, on the grounds that it will give her material rewards for doing so, which in turn will increase her attachment to the physical world.

A "knowing the words, but not the music" sort of situation.

Sic Semper Goon has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Redbeard posted:

My family is talking about the debate right now. They think Donald Trump won. They think asking for Donald Trump's tax returns is exactly the same as asking for Obama's birth certificate.

My former manager somehow got it into his gin-soaked head that the American elections were already held, and was in despair about Trump's "apparent" victory.

• Locked thread