Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ServoMST3K posted:

Ok goons help me out on this one. I once remarked that if the Supreme Court made a decision then they have absolutely no way of enforcing that decision. It's up to other branches of the government to enforce the law/act etc. Is this a hopelessly stupid way of looking at it or just fairly stupid?

That is what the separation of powers means. Yes.

Now go jump down a Googlehole of poo poo like jury nullification, until you realize U.S. law is basically 200 year old legacy code that needs a good, hard 2.0'ing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

PassTheRemote posted:

My Coworker

"I always fill up my tank when it gets to half full, so I still have half a tank from when I bought the car 2 years ago"

I like my gas like I like my sherry.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Grammar Aryan posted:

I had a roommate who was convinced that he was the best and most knowledgeable at everything. He also had some very real and serious food allergies, then some that he just assumed he had, which culminated in the following exchange when I bought some cheeses to make macaroni for Thanksgiving one year.

:v: You can't have cheese in the fridge, I'm allergic.
:confused: But I thought you didn't have a dairy allergy.
:v: I have a mold allergy. If you leave it in the fridge I'll have an asthma attack.
:confused: But I just bought the cheese today. It's sealed and everything, and I'll use it all before tomorrow.
:v: Cheese is a form of mold.
:confused: What? No it's not. Some are made with mold, but...
:v: Cheese is a form of mold.
:confused: No, it's...
:argh: CHEESE. Is a FORM. Of MOLD.

He also had weird racial things going on.

:v: I won't eat at Chinese places. I have a seafood allergy, and they won't clean the pans well enough to not make me break out even though they say they do.
:confused: But you eat at that Mexican place down the street, and they've got tons of seafood stuff that gets cooked in the pans.
:v: But I trust them to clean the pans. You can't trust Asians.
:confused: You...you know I'm Korean, right?
:v: Pff, I said Asians

He was a weird dude. He also had this thing about Fight Club being the pinnacle of philosophical thought, but mostly used the "don't let your possessions own you" idea to mock me for having furniture. Because being able to fit all of your things in a 5x8x3 closet was virtuous, you see.

What's his SA name?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

13Pandora13 posted:

IMHO the best retail job I ever had was working for a high end gas station (QT, Wawa, Race Trac, etc.). The pay was extremely decent and people are generally in too much of a rush to be lovely.

But when they are, Christ, are they lovely.

I've been cursed at more at that job, than all of my other jobs combined. The thing about gas stations in America is that everybody drives, and needs gas. You get every shade of lovely people there is. Also gently caress any job where you have to sell Lotto.

I'm spoiled by working for a good liquor company. I don't think I could go back to general retail.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Christ, you Ninnies. If you can't gather the forethought to buy enough hooch before Midnight, then you deserve to go to bed sober, taking a hard look, as each trip 'round the sun is a more miserable and futile attempt than the last.

• Locked thread