Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
When I started my first year at uni on one of the first days I was talking with a small group of people I just met trying to make some new friends when this guy in a wheelchair rolls by. One of the girls in the group asked a question/wondered out loud "can people in wheelchairs break their legs?" There was some confused laughter when we asked her to clarify what she meant. She went on to explain "well, say they're paralysed from the waist down and they have no feeling or control of their legs at all, then, how do the legs know to break?" There was much "are you joking? you're not serious right?" She further explained "no but like, if the connection between the nerves and stuff in their legs is severed between them and the brain, then the brain can't carry messages to the legs to tell them to break right?"

Four years later and she still insists it was a completely legit question and there were plenty of others over the years which put no doubt in my mind she was being sincere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread