Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

The yob has lots of chat threads where you can go in and talk about your life or the football game or whatever dumbass thing you want to talk about.

The yob also has what i'm going to call "funny" threads. people are posting jokes or at least trying to be funny.

If you can't tell the difference between those 2 threads please see me after school for some individual help

What is not ok and is frustrating to people is when you go into the "funny" threads and derail them by talking about your dog or you parrot or how you feel about another poster.

Please think before you post and stop frustrating people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devil

nice thread but please dont backseat mod

Ace of Baes
I was pumped that byob had more activity then I realized its people like Ben smash, big bic squad, and Sid vicious returning because my reign of terror ended

google THIS

ugh my dog ate my parrot this morning can you believe it

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Ace of Baes posted:

I was pumped that byob had more activity then I realized its people like Ben smash, big bic squad, and Sid vicious returning because my reign of terror ended

you might as well all be the same white noise person tbh

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

google THIS posted:

ugh my dog ate my parrot this morning can you believe it

gotta watch out for that beak when they poop, beaks can't be digested

City of Glompton

this weekend maybe I'm going to edit some of these types of comments in otherwise good threads...pm me suggestions if you want. if you post them in this thread I will disregard them
:evilbuddy:

FluffieDuckie

you're a hard working ik. we could use more of you around here

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

City of Glompton

good thing you are here! :)

pig slut lisa

irl is good

if byob only had two thread tags this would be a lot simpler

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

pig slut lisa posted:

if byob only had two thread tags this would be a lot simpler

Cool colored tags mean "chill" and warm colored tags mean "joke"

user discretion advised

SIDS Vicious

Ace of Baes posted:

im trying my best to make good posts i think im doing okay so far but thank you for mentioning me

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

Ace of Baes posted:

hey man. I'm just re-learning byob. I do not mean to be a menace 2 society. I'm just being my weird self. I would very much like to learn how to be fun and chill again.

City of Glompton

I love underdogs and comeback kids.

FluffieDuckie

Celluloid Sam posted:

im trying my best to make good posts i think im doing okay so far but thank you for mentioning me

you're doing fine sid

also this

City of Glompton posted:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Ben, you mentioned that you used to post in old BYOB?

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
treasure bear

i got all excited for some thomas paine :(

FluffieDuckie

treasure bear posted:

i got all excited for some thomas paine :(

it was more profound than thomas paine i think

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

it was more profound than thomas paine i think

You ought to be paid, in that case.

mags

we need more rational actors in the posting free market

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Qwerinty

by zen death robot
byob: abandon all hope ye who enter

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Qwerinty posted:

byob: abandon all hope ye who enter

done and done

hi how are you ♥

Pedantra

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

you're doing fine sid

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Spanish Manlove posted:

gotta watch out for that beak when they poop, beaks can't be digested

My pet whale was always vomiting squid beaks

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
stop talking about yogurt in the yogurt thread

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for bringing that up qwerinty

This is an excellent example. I'd like everyone to read the first part of the thread and then read the last part of the thread.

You see how the beginning is funny and enjoyable to read and the last part isn't?

I know it's confusing bc the topic is yogurt but the clue here that it's not a "let's all chat about yogurt" thread is right there in the first few posts

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Ben smash specifically ruined the yogurt thread. Common sense posting: don't let ben smash make any posts

FluffieDuckie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Ben smash specifically ruined the yogurt thread. Common sense posting: don't let ben smash make any posts

John glenn this is not a thread about how you feel about Ben smash

treasure bear

how you feel about how john glenn feels about ben smash?

FluffieDuckie

Also not the topic

joke_explainer

shoot I knew I should have read the yoghurt thread I just saw the title and started thinking about yoghurt...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I think I'm starting to see it more clearly, my perspective was as such that I perceived BYOB as a big bouncy castle where you can run amok and bounce off the walls but it's not.

It's a big bouncy castle where you can play hopscotch sometimes, or twister or even a game of billiards but you can't mess up anyone else's game of bouncy castle billiards, so I guess what I'm saying is if I messed up your game of bouncy castle billiards I'm sorry, I'll make sure I know when I can jump around like an idiot before I do the next time.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

joke_explainer posted:

shoot I knew I should have read the yoghurt thread I just saw the title and started thinking about yoghurt...

You'd think that thread would have a little culture

FluffieDuckie

Splatmaster posted:

I think I'm starting to see it more clearly, my perspective was as such that I perceived BYOB as a big bouncy castle where you can run amok and bounce off the walls but it's not.

It's a big bouncy castle where you can play hopscotch sometimes, or twister or even a game of billiards but you can't mess up anyone else's game of bouncy castle billiards, so I guess what I'm saying is if I messed up your game of bouncy castle billiards I'm sorry, I'll make sure I know when I can jump around like an idiot before I do the next time.

This is one of my favorite things I've ever read containing the phrase "bouncy castle billiards" :love:

Now I kind of want to play bouncy castle billiards

Ace of Baes

Pedantra posted:

you might as well all be the same white noise person tbh

well at least i don't have insane meltdowns every month or so :D

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

City of Glompton posted:

playground tough

Ben Smash

LARDROOM

mister magpie posted:

Ben, you mentioned that you used to post in old BYOB?

yeah, a lot.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

what did i ever do to you, man?

Robot Made of Meat

Splatmaster posted:

It's too late to submit new suggestions for the BYOB title.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

Ben Smash posted:

yeah, a lot.

Suddenly the fate of old BYOB makes sense

• Locked thread