Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
In the mean time, spray those rusty brake lines and fittings with Fluid Film, available @ Oreily's. It's a penetrant/wax-oil that will help slow the rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

the spyder posted:

In the mean time, spray those rusty brake lines and fittings with Fluid Film, available @ Oreily's. It's a penetrant/wax-oil that will help slow the rust.

I would suggest washing them thoroughly first. The salt will work at them even under FF treatment. It's also available at Lowes, in the Garden section. FF is loving great stuff. MADE FROM SHEEPZ!

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
http://lanotec.com.au/

Get this stuff. Works in salt mines.

I use it on measurement stuff, mostly loadcells.

Made from Aussie sheeps.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

wildemere posted:

http://lanotec.com.au/

Get this stuff. Works in salt mines.

I use it on measurement stuff, mostly loadcells.

Made from Aussie sheeps.

Fluid Film is lanolin based. Works awesome.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
If I spray wash the lines and they pop, then I would be saving myself from imminent death, right? Now I'm already doing the brake stomp when I drive it.

Oh -- one more thing -- these new rotors rust up super easily. If I have a coating on all 4 rotors, what's the best way to get them off that minimizes wear or scoring? As few hard stops as possible? Long gentle stops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A couple of moderately hard stops will do the trick on my car, especially for the rear discs, which hardly see any wear in normal driving.

• Locked thread